Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

Pokéforum Mafia - **Village Win!**

The forum for all Pokémon fans...

Pokéforum Mafia - **Village Win!**

Postby Edd_15 » 03 Aug 2010, 10:16

Welcome to the actual Pokéforum Mafia thread. I'm making a new thread because it's just generally nicer to have a new one and makes it easier to understand and all that.

Useful Links:

Mafia Information
Newbie Guide

-------------

Twas a quiet day in Pokéforum, activity levels were low and a lot of Pokémon were just wandering around, fairly bored. Suddenly, on the crest of a nearby hill and shape appeared, blacked out by the sun behind it, it look quite majestic.

All the Pokémon gasped and pointed at the powerful looking figure as it went back down onto all fours and sprinted down the hill towards them.

No one knew weather they should be running to hide from this stranger or wait to welcome it with open arms.

Finally, the creature reached the main village square where most of the Pokeforumers had gathered to greet the new Pokémon.

It suddenly stepped out of the shadows and, after a short pause was met by a huge roar of laughter as the Pokémon realised that all it was, was a pathetic little Bidoof wearing a cape and trying it's best to look tough.

"Silence you stupid fools!" The Bidoof cried, standing up as tall as possible.

The Pokémon ignored it and continued to laugh as they turned to walk away.

"I said SILENCE!" The Bidoof roared, it managed to get a little attention. "Listen to me for I am Bidoof!"

Some Pokémon exchanged confused glances as they decided to humour Bidoof and his strange speech.

"I've had enough of you lot making fun of me! Everyone making fun of me!" Bidoof shouted, "And I'm not the only one. I've created an elite team made up of all the Pokémon you lot have picked on and using our combined powers, we shall destroy you all!"

The Pokémon were bored of this speech now as they turned away to head home as the sun set.

"You shall rue the day you were ever mean to the Mighty Bidoof!" Bidoof screamed and, with a swish of his cape, he ran away into the shadows...

Known Roles:
Bidoof - The Godfather

1. Magikarp FTW - Weavile - Guilty Townie - Lynched Day 9
2. The Polygon Mage - Growlithe - Detective - Killed Night 2
3. MistyVanessa - Electrode - The Bomb - Exploded Night 9
4. Joeshi - Minun - Mason - Suicided Night 7
5. mastersword267 - Luvdisc - Mafia Ninja - Lynched Day 8
6. BenJhome - Ditto - Gravedigger - Killed Night 8

7. Super Paper Dazz - Caterpie - Mafia Janitor - Lynched Day 10
8. night dagger - Garchomp - Vig - Lynched Day 4
9. Rai13 - Blissey - Doctor - God-killed Day 3
10. PvN - Bidoof - Godfather - Killed Night 9
11. monkeymoo
12. PenguinX
13. FODHUBL696 - Cloyster - Bulletproof Townie - Killed Night 1
14. Slayso - Weedle - Beloved Princess - Killed Night 6
15. omega pit 626 - Nosepass - Nexus - Killed Night 4
16. Dr_HOYLE - Exploud - Double Voter - Lynched Day 5
17. SamuriFerret - Plusle - Mason - Killed Night 7
18. SilverLightning - Charizard - Unlynchable - Killed Night 5
19. 1kiba1
20. timmytiger7
21. Munchlax OWNS - Golbat - Voteless - Lynched Day 7
22. marioman77 - Marowak - The Lightning Rod - Killed Night 1
23. super yoshifan - Scizor - Lone Wolf - Lynched Day 1
24. Richy B - Feebas - Mafia Deputy - Lynched Day 2
25. Evil Link - Magikarp - Mafia Hooker - Killed Night 6

Rules/Advice:
1. If you have a Night Action you must PM me with you action. If you don't want to perform an action, PM me with "No Action".

2. Once a player has died they have one death post and no more.

3. Please send in all actions before the specified deadline. Any actions received after the deadline will not be done. If a significant number of actions have not been received by the specified deadline it will be extended. The deadline for a phase will not be extended more than once. If all actions are received before the deadline then the update will be made. This includes Lynches.

4. Role Revealing is banned in this mafia. This means you cannot give anyone your Role PM or try to force someone to give you theirs. However, you are allowed to claim you are a specific role.

5. To lynch a player post "Lynch USER X" in bold font in the thread.

6. I'll be on IRC so if you want, you can submit a Night Action via IRC but PM's are still fine.

7. Any player that is deemed inactive by the hosts shall be Godkilled.

I'm about half way through writing the role PM's so they'll all be sent out some time today. Night 1 will start once everyone has their roles.

You can now use this thread to discuss the game. I'd advise you not to post to tell everyone you've received your Role PM incase I send them in a specific order.
Last edited by Edd_15 on 24 Aug 2010, 12:54, edited 22 times in total.
arceus469: Edd is just a lonely little internet bully with no friends.
MKM10: I bet you're a little 8 year old who has nothing else to de but send clips of the lion king to me to calm me down
BeyondBirthday: Edd, unsurprisingly, you're still an ass.
Edd_15

Postby Edd_15 » 03 Aug 2010, 11:44

All Role PMs have now been sent so Night 1 will start now.

If anyone has any questions about their role, PM me and I'll try to answer it.

Deadline for Night 1 is Thursday at 8pm although if I get all actions in before then, we'll carry on.
MKM10: I bet you're a little 8 year old who has nothing else to de but send clips of the lion king to me to calm me down
Edd_15

Postby Slayso » 03 Aug 2010, 11:46

Would you like this stickied? To help activity?
Once more, with feeling.
Slayso
ONM Moderator

Postby Edd_15 » 03 Aug 2010, 11:50

Slayso wrote:Would you like this stickied? To help activity?

Shure, sticky would be hawt just to stop it dropping down to page two every night phase when theres nothing to discuss. <3
Edd_15

Postby Meta-Knight » 03 Aug 2010, 14:56

can I nawt take part?
XBL: The Only Meta | Steam: TheOnlyMeta | Origin: Meta95 --- ADD ME (:
Meta-Knight

Postby Edd_15 » 03 Aug 2010, 15:10

Meta-Knight wrote:can I nawt take part?

Not now, sign ups ended abour a week ago. If this one is successful though there'll probably be more mafia games in the future.
Edd_15

Postby jaketheshizz » 04 Aug 2010, 10:04

If they stayed inactive for a certain amount of time, could we take their places?
jaketheshizz

Postby Edd_15 » 04 Aug 2010, 10:10

jaketheshizz wrote:If they stayed inactive for a certain amount of time, could we take their places?

Nah, if they're inactive they just get killed off. This isn't really a game you can join half way through.
Edd_15

Postby SilverLightning » 04 Aug 2010, 12:47

I just realised I've forgotten how to play this. Just in case there's more scatterbrained people like myself, post a link to explanations in the first post please.
When life gives you lemons, get a house in Devon and drink cider from aforementioned lemons.

Last|Twit
SilverLightning

Postby Edd_15 » 04 Aug 2010, 12:56

SilverLightning wrote:I just realised I've forgotten how to play this. Just in case there's more scatterbrained people like myself, post a link to explanations in the first post please.

Oh yeah, I kept meaning to do that;
http://souldew.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=137
http://pokemonworld.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=2600

Those two are the same, incase one link doesn't work for someone like last time.

And heres a basic guide thing:
http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php ... wbie_Guide
Edd_15

Postby Edd_15 » 04 Aug 2010, 17:34

It was the morning after 'The Mighty Bidoof' arrived in Pokéforum however, he was no where to be found.

As Growlithe made his usual rounds across the forum to check everything was in order, he came across a horrible site.

Right in the centre of the forum, a massive Cloyster lay, it's shell ripped open. Anyone or anything would've needed to have had incredible power to be able to do such a thing. Growlithe turned away from the body to see the rest of the forumers gathering around, gasping in shock at the sight of their dead, peaceful friend.

Cloyster aka, FODHUBLE696, was dead.

A while later after the body was removed from sight, Growlithe investigated the scene of the crime further, he found no tracks and there were no smells for him to follow either. The only thing he did find was a small piece of paper, stuck inside a crack in Cloyster's shell:

After Growlithe had finished his investigations of Cloyster's murder scene, he felt it was best to continue his scan of the forum to make sure everything else was in order. Unfortunatly for him, it wasn't.

He arrived at the last house on his rounds to find the door broken off its hinges. He slowly pushed it open and sniffed the air before silently stepping into the house.

He followed his nose and turned into the kitchen, dreading what he was going to find. His foot suddenly hit something. He looked down to see a long skull, a crack running straight down its centre.

His nose eventually led him to the two-door fridge which had been bolted shut with a large bone. Growlithe quickly pulled the bone out then, with a deep breath pulled the doors open allowing Marowak's limp body to tumble out on top of him...

Marowak, aka Marioman77, was dead.

A small note also fell out with the body.

You tnink you can oppode me? Soon enough, this whole fprum shall be mine and there's nothung tou idiots can do to stop me!

----------

Day 1 starts now, start your clue solving and lynchings now. To lynch, post; "Lynch <User>" in this thread, if you change your lynch, just edit your original lynch.

Majority is 12 lynch votes, deadline is Friday at 8pm.

FODHUBLE696 and marioman77 both get one death post each

----------

FODHUBL696's Role PM wrote:Cloyster - Bulletproof Townie

You are Cloyster and you are very hard! Using your hard shell, every even numbered night you can close yourself up which will make you immune to any night kills during that night phase. To use this ability, PM the host with;

BULLETPROOF

You are pro-village and win when all mafia are killed.

marioman77's Role PM wrote:Marowak - The Lightning Rod

You are Marowak, an awesome Pokémon who wears a skull for a hat. Your ability is Lightning Rod and conveniently, Lightning Rod is also a mafia role!

During any night phase, you can PM the host with;

“Lightning Rod…ACTIVATE!”

This will activate your ability for that night phase. This will cause any night action made to redirect onto you. However, no one will know it has gone onto you. You can only use this ability two times in the game.

You are pro-village and win when all mafia are killed.
Edd_15

Postby FODHUBL696 » 04 Aug 2010, 17:57

Well, we know this much - one of the IRCers is mafia.

[Yubbs] Don't you ever imagine yourself in a girl's body wearing certain cleaverage?
[Yubbs] I do, and I wet myself somtimes when I can actually feel it
FODHUBL696

Postby timmytiger7 » 04 Aug 2010, 17:57

hahahaha PiG died.
God I wish I could change my name... :'(
timmytiger7

Postby Link16 » 04 Aug 2010, 18:33

I wish I had signed up for this now...

Oh well, from a bystander's point of view, it's prety funny :wink:
PM me for 5th gen event pokemon, Goldeneye, Street Fighter 3d and Mercenaries 3d
Link16

Postby SilverLightning » 04 Aug 2010, 19:09

timmytiger7 wrote:hahahaha PiG died.
When life gives you lemons, get a house in Devon and drink cider from aforementioned lemons.

Last|Twit
SilverLightning

Postby Dr_HOYLE » 04 Aug 2010, 19:40

You tnink you can oppode me? Soon enough, this whole fprum shall be mine and there's nothung tou idiots can do to stop me!

Second clue. This suggests someone who's against everyone and thus a threat to us good people so I'll have a crack at that one. (Also, slow internet means the first clue hasn't loaded for me yet.) There are 5 spelling mistakes. The letters that appear in the clue that are in the wrong places are: NDPUT The letters that are meant t be there are: HSOIY Rearrange those letters and you get Yoshi. Who has Yoshi in their username? super yoshifan. And therefore, I propose this...

LYNCH SUPER YOSHIFAN!

EDIT: Also, lol at PiG.
"Everything has it's time and everything dies!"
Dr_HOYLE

Postby The Polygon Mage » 04 Aug 2010, 19:46

I cba to think for myself so I will steal Hoyle's idea.

LYNCH SUPER YOSHIFAN!
The Polygon Mage

Postby timmytiger7 » 04 Aug 2010, 19:48

The Polygon Mage wrote:LYNCH SUPER YOSHIFAN!
God I wish I could change my name... :'(
timmytiger7

Postby mastersword267 » 04 Aug 2010, 19:48

EDIT: I've just realised a very important detail that means SPD shouldn't be lynched
Last edited by mastersword267 on 04 Aug 2010, 20:06, edited 1 time in total.
mastersword267

Postby PIE vs NINTENDO » 04 Aug 2010, 20:04

mastersword267 wrote:Actually people, take a look at this-

In happy, there are 5 letters
The tally five = 5
Rose has 4 letters
Maximise has 8 letters
247 - 2+4+7 = 13

5+5+4+8+13 = 35

35 is the number of letters in Super Paper Dazz + the number of pokemon in his avatar, so....

LYNCH SUPER PAPER DAZZ

But 24/7=3

That single fact has got people lynced in the past :O

But yeah, clue solving/reading Hoyle's clue solving time >=D
I am always the Mafian.
You are stupid.
Good.
PIE vs NINTENDO

Postby omega pit 626 » 04 Aug 2010, 20:09

Hey you guys how about we don't rush into lynching and take our time to solve the clues? Thanks.
omega pit 626

Postby 1kiba1 » 04 Aug 2010, 20:12

You realise that one of the killings could of been Village.
Xbox Live: Mudkipzzzz PSN: A__Radiohead
Stars die, so I can live

The King of Limbs
Don't get sentimental, it always ends up drivel.
Conna The Pain Train Payne
1kiba1

Postby Joeshi » 04 Aug 2010, 20:15

247 in the pokedex is pupitar, is there anyone here renowned for having something to do with pupitar ???
Thanks to JAKANAPES for the sig and Numberish for the avatar.
Joeshi

Postby marioman77 » 04 Aug 2010, 20:40

"At least I had chicken."
Steam ID: 404Rawr | Tweetar: 404Rawr | XBL: Erawr404
So Damn Fabulous
Not actually Mexican
marioman77

Postby Tortame » 04 Aug 2010, 20:44

Joeshi wrote:247 in the pokedex is pupitar, is there anyone here renowned for having something to do with pupitar ???

Maybe someone got the role of pupitar?
Thanks to TJ Hiphop for the sig.
Tortame

Next