Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

The 'Final Fantasy' Mafia Game - End Game, Pg12 for results

Anything else you'd like to talk about? Post here....

The 'Final Fantasy' Mafia Game - End Game, Pg12 for results

Postby Twi » 26 Sep 2009, 16:03

Welcome to the actual Final Fantasy Game thread. Thanks to the other pre-made threads, such as the Mafia Discussion Thread in FG&Q, and the Final Fantasy Game Sign-Up Thread, this gets to be a relatively small post. I recommend checking them out.
First off, I'll explain the roles and characters. For an in-depth guide on roles, you can look up the Wiki article (url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mafia_(party_game)), or you can scroll down a bit and find the link to the Mafia Game Guide 101. I will also provide information on your character and role once you recieve it via PM. Once you have your role, feel free to PM me for advice about it. I'm willing to help.

LONE ROLES
(1)
Werewolf - Sephiroth; The ultra-powerful genealogical son of malevolent, ethereal alien JENOVA. He used to be a highly regarded general, and hero of wars. When on a routine mission to Mt. Nibel, he found research in Shinra Manor leading him to believe the truth - that his "mother" is a planet-devouring entity, his true father is a medical psychopath, and he's a supernatural experiment. Losing all faith in the world around him, Sephiroth closed himself to all opinions and sought to destroy the world which didn't deserve to be. Sephiroth can kill any single person once per night and will leave a hard-difficulty clue to who he is. This player either PMs me their Victim or "No Action Taken".

(1)
Mad Loner - Don Tonberry; Waddle. Waddle. Waddle. Waddle. Once Don Tonberry reaches you, your life is over. It takes Tonberry four turns (phases, i.e. Night Phase 1, Day Phase 1, Night Phase 2, Day Phase 2, >Tonberry attacks on Night Phase 3<) to reach his victims. But when he reaches them, he may kill 3 at a time!(3-persons party, he kills these 3 only) But Tonberry has to decide on who to kill before he starts a-waddlin'. If they are already dead before he gets to them, the attack fails (obvsly). Don Tonberry does not have to 'begin to waddle', i.e. They don't have to 'begin to waddle' on Night Phase 1. This player either PMs me their 3 Victims (though they can do 2 or 1 if they see it as wiser) or "No Action Taken".

THE MAFFIANS
( 8 )
Godfather - Gerun; A born manipulator (well, not so much on the 'born' part), Gerun is an Occuria (the rock-like, ethereal, supposedly genderless 'puppet-masters' of Ivalice). Gerun has since moved on to bigger things, seeking to allow the Occuria to control all with Nethicite. The player who is Gerun PMs me with the name of Who they wish to kill, and which one of their mafia is killing during the night phase. When Gerun dies, a maffian at random is selected to take it's place as Godfather, N. Maffians have priority here.
Steel Maffian - Sin; Sin is a complex being created by a man named Yu Yevon as a vengeance to the outside world intent on destroying his homeland, Zanarkand. Sin is a giant water-bound (and thus hideable) demon who attacks everything and anything, and whose toxin causes weakness and amnesia (thus stopping any singular attacker from remembering his hiding spot and setting the group on him). Sin is the fayth who became the Final Aeon... in this case, Jecht. His multiple personalities make him a very hard thing to gauge. Apparently he fights mindlessly, which is probably all the more painful for Jecht who has to watch it all. Sin cannot be defeated during Night Phases by one person. It requires the joint power of the majority of characters (ie. can only be killed by lynch).
Assassin - Nero the Sable; A born antagonist, Nero is a very mysterious man who keeps to himself. To suit his name (Nero, meaning Black in Italian), Nero is infinitely followed and masked by darkness. His darkness can pull others in and hold them captive in a torturous void. Needless to say Nero is most effective on dark nights, he is a force to be reckoned with. Once every two nights, Nero can drag 1 player into the darkness and kill them. Remember though, evidence will rack up against Nero if he attacks in a predictable, dogmatic fashion.
Recruiter - Genesis Rhapsodus; Genesis has a certain suave determination in his actions and a way with words. He even has a fan club. But if the words don't work, he can just 'kill' a guy, then reinvent them in his zombie-like image. Before turning bad, he was a good friend of Sephiroth and Angeal. The person that Genesis recruits will from then on known as "Angeal". Genesis can recruit a non-maffian once in the entire game, after recruiting, Genesis becomes an N. Maffian with no powers. Genesis takes over the responsibility of PMing me who the mafia want to kill if Gerun is inactive during the Night.
Recruiter 2 - Vayne Carudas Solidor; Vayne is the third son of Archadia's Emperor, Lord Gramis; the older brother of Larsa Ferrinas Solidor. Vayne has two older brothers, who he kills in order to be closer to the throne, with his father's consent nonetheless. From then on, Vayne shows nothing but a ruthless rule and the plotting power only a true antagonist could achieve. Despite his 'hateability', Vayne is after all a ruler, and like his younger brother (the Mayor role), has a last word on who does what. Vayne only comes into play as a Recruiter once Genesis is killed in game. He has the same ability as Genesis. (so read above for his details)
Mafia Bodyguard - Final Aeon Jecht; Aeons are protectors and the fighting force of the people who summon them. Naturally, they are sacred and very powerful things and are summonable at will. Jecht was a reckless, but famous and dedicated man, who accompanied Auron and Braska on their pilgrimage to defeat Sin, but was required to sacrifice himself to become an aeon and defeat Sin with the power, though this effort was in vain, as Jecht simply became a part of Sin, controllable by Yu Yevon (Sin's creator) at will. Jecht may attempt to protect one other player once every other Night phase, with a 65% success rate in preventing their chosen player from being killed that night. If the chosen player is not attacked the protection does nothing.
N. Maffians(2) (Normal Maffians) - Cactuar and Imp; Recurring characters, Cactuars are needle-spraying, quick-footed mischief makers while Imps, also known as goblins, are organised enemies, who can cast strong magic. Both of these characters however are not as strong their mafia companions. N. Maffians have a say on the Godfather's decisions and may contact their other maffians, however they have no other powers.
Last edited by Twi on 03 Oct 2009, 22:18, edited 7 times in total.
____I've had the wind knocked out of me
______________________________ but never the hurricane ~Jeffrey McDaniel
Twi

Postby Twi » 26 Sep 2009, 16:03

ROLES Pt.2
THE INNOCENTS
(15)
Hero 1 - Zack Fair; Inheritor of the Buster sword, Zack Fair was a 1st Class SOLDIER, taught by the legendary Angeal, from whom he got the Buster Sword. Zack's honour knows no bounds and neither does his determination. Once per night, Zack may attack another player. A medium-difficulty clue will be left when Zack attacks.
Hero 2 - Cloud Strife; 2nd inheritor of the Buster Sword and Zack's 'living legacy'. Zack was a mentor for Cloud like Angeal was to Zack, carrying on the legacy further. Cloud has since made quite a name for himself, being claimed (by fanboys/girls) as the best hero in the history of the FF world. Similar to Genesis and Vayne, only when Zack dies may Cloud take over his position as hero. His powers are exactly the same as Zack's.
Hero 3 - Squall Leonhart; Squall sports brown hair and a facial scar from a tussle with rival Seifer. A reclusive hero, Squall is nonetheless powerful and eventually decides to pick up his Gunblade to fight the new enemies around him. Like Zack and Cloud, Squall can only assume his Hero abilities once Cloud has been killed.
Mayor - Larsa Ferrinas Solidor; Vayne's younger and more idealistic brother, Larsa is dedicated to peace. Though member of the same royal family, Larsa has nowhere near the influence of his brother, whom his faith in is lost over time as he sees his increasingly harsh rule. Vayne treats Larsa as a minor annoyance, but does not wish any harm to come to him, instructing the ruthless but trusted Judge Gabranth to keep an eye on him at all times. Three times throughout the game, Larsa's authority allows him to override all lynches given within a single dayphase by PMing me with their lynch. Larsa may not be recruited by Vayne, and an attempt to do so will fail and remove Vayne's Recruiter ability.
Doctor - Lord Braska; High Summoner Braska is considered one of the most legendary summoners to be known in the land of Spira. Known for his odd friendship with Auron and Jecht, the former a once naive, high-spirited guardian, the latter a boorish, but famously talented blitzballer - Braska being a high-class individual but obviously yet surprisingly humble and honorable. Braska's supreme White Mage capabilities make him second only to the likes of Phoenix in regenerative powers. The Doctor can target a character to heal and protect from being killed during the night, 2 times during the game, with a 70% success rate. The Doctor should PM me with "Heal _____" with the empty space being the person they with to heal.
Bodyguard - Sir Auron; Originally a high-spirited, naive guardian assigned to Lord Braska. Auron accompanied Braska and Jecht all the way to Zanarkand. Auron became somewhat of a legend after Braska's pilgrimage, and other guardians revere him. Auron's original good spirits and high ideals were dashed down after the events, and he became a rather morose straight-shooter. He doesn't speak often, but he has a piercing sight into matters and usually sees deeper than most people do. He doesn't beat around the bush; when he has something to say, he'll say it... and he's usually right. Auron is quite like Braska in terms of roles, though he can guard another player during the night phase, 3 times during the entire game with a 55% success rate each time.
Drinking Buddies(2) - Wedge and Biggs; The recurring and thus probably the most famous icons of Final Fantasy along with Chocobos, Phoenix Downs and Firaga. However you choose to imagine these two, they'll always be seen as a duo and are the most befitting characters of the 'Drinking Buddies' roles EVER. The Drinking Buddies are normal innocents, but they know who each other are.
Detective - Cid; Another recurring theme in Final Fantasy. Cid has a very iconic link to the/an Airship. Imagine whichever Cid from the series you wish for this guy. The main point stands, from up in the Airship, Cid can see everything. Once per game, Cid may look down on the rest of the group at night, and investigate the role of one character. Unfortunately, Cid cannot see Gerun, and so if Cid investigates the player playing Gerun, he will be seen as simply "an innocent" like the rest of the innocent team. Cid may PM me "Investigate ____" once in the game, during the Night Phase.
N. Innocents(6) (Normal Innocents) - Moogles and Humes; The innocent denizens of the land. Moogles are curious, small creatures with no particular wisdom but great magic power in groups. Humes are also average creatures with little influence and strength, except from in groups. Among the humes, there is "Angeal" honour-bound wielder of the Buster Sword and sworn companion to Sephiroth and Genesis, though he only comes into play if recruited by Genesis or Vayne. The N. Innocents have no Night Role, but lynch suspected mafia and lone roles during the Day Phase, so have quite a big role in the game.

DETAILED MAFIA GAME GUIDE HERE :- Scroll down to the 2nd Post in this thread, where you should see a "Mafia 101" Guide.
Last edited by Twi on 27 Sep 2009, 10:45, edited 2 times in total.
Twi

Postby Twi » 26 Sep 2009, 16:04

Basic Intro
A mafia game consists of two sides playing against each other, and usually one lone role, who fights in the interest of themself and themself only.
The Innocents are genuinely innocent. However, every individual innocent playing (except the Drinking Buddies) has no clue who else is innocent/mafia/werewolf. They must defeat all of the maffians to win the game.
The Maffians only pretend to be innocents, so their cover is not blown. During the night, they all come out and plot who to kill. Maffians all know who each other are and may plot and talk using whatever means they want EXCEPT in the thread or anywhere else their identities will be revealed (eg. ONM IRC). The maffians win when the number of maffians is greater than the number of innocents/lone roles.
The Werewolf and Mad Loner win when they are the last people standing. Note that they are individual roles, and do not have contact with each other.

Notes & Rules
NOTES
Some new roles that I added are the Mad Loner, Heroes 2&3, Recruiter 2 and Mafia Bodyguard. Roles that I've left out are Human Flare, Steel Innocent (Shieldman) and several others that other members have fabricated. This game hopefully won't just be a one-off, there should be more like it in the future, so if you are reading this now and are not in the game, take part one game or another!
Something else I need to note is the order of Night-Actions. It goes like this;
1st; Bodyguard - Protection
2nd; Mafia Bodyguard - Protection
3rd; Mad Loner - Triple-Kill
4th; Detective - Investigation
5th; Assassin/Hero (whichever PMs me first) - Kill
6th; Werewolf - Kill
7th; Godfather - Kill
8th; Recruiter - Recruitment/Godfather stand-in
9th; Doctor - Heal
>>Night-Roles don't have to PM me every night, only when they want to.<<

RULES
1. The host has the final word on anything. It sounds bossy but it's a necessary rule.
2. No spamming after you die - One Deathpost only, ideally. It's quite annoying for the other players. Also please try to keep rant-death-posts to a minimum. Also do not reveal any roles that you know in your death-post, but for example, if you suspect someone, you may post your suspicions. Keep 'em brief though.
3. Inactivity is punishable by Godkill. Godkill is when you spontaneously die (in-game =S). This is because the host has made it so. I won't Godkill very much hopefully, but inactivity (4-5 days no posting; it would be longer but it can't because this game will be quite quick) will most likely result in death. If you've got a reason for your inactivity, post it. Benefit of the doubt may be given to active members who spontaneously disappear.
4. Role-revealing is punishable by Godkill. Do not ever reveal your role. Or else the game is pretty much null and there was no point in me making the thread and you joining. >_>
5. Sig & Avatar may be changed, but only if necessary. As the official rules in Mario Kart's Guide state, Sig & Avatar shouldn't really be changed. This is because it can sometimes be annoying to return to the sig bank all the time, and the rule itself was created even before the sigbank was, I presume. In this game, you can change your sig, but note the one in the sigbank will be taken. It might annoy people to change your sig all the time, and if it isn't an update to your sig, or it's a sly change which conceals any connection to a kill-clue in-game, I'll find a suitable punishment. Or unsuitable. Probably a Godkill. So to be on the safe side, make sure it's either just a sig-update, not very often or ideally don't do it until the game is over (it won't take a year hopefully).
6. Enjoy. That's about it now. Don't take the game too seriously, and don't be duped by the Flep/JDownie's nasty mindgames. The same could be said for TMK too. Minoru, not so much on the cunning side. ;)
Last edited by Twi on 26 Sep 2009, 16:07, edited 1 time in total.
Twi

Postby Twi » 26 Sep 2009, 16:04

1. TheAPERSON
2. TherealKirby
3. parametakoopa
4. Yinga Garten
5. Sarctastic
6. Slayso

7. G_F8765
8. reecist
9. garfield.0
10. Minoru
11. JDownie

12. Jenova Project X
13. Squall 2180
14. Galactik
15. fides
16. Flep
17. TMK
18. Mudge
19. Richy B
20. wilfer 11
21. MIIMAN
22. Teatoo
23. Irish_Monkey
24. lmao
25. Darksaber
SIG BANK

G_F8765
SIG

Thanks to R-H for the avatar.

------------------------------------------------
Minoru
SIG

(None)

Jenova Project X
SIG

(None)

Squall 2180
SIG

Squall says:
Or a Fishy prostitute
Sparkle says:
A FISHY WHAT NOW?
Young boy you disgust me
Off to the corner you go!

Squall says:
The corner where you hang around and the the attention of old fish?

Galactik
SIG

Twitter
Youtube
I don't agree with 'epic lists', I think your all epic, apart from you :wink:
Loyal Liverpool fan xD

fides
SIG

(None)

Flep
SIG

Il Vagus Sit Redire

Irish_Monkey
SIG

The artist formely known as Irish-Monkey
Thanks to TalesofZelda for the Avatar.
Relations Course
The Love in a romance
It has no limits

The Megas!

JDownie
SIG

It's a shame to awake in a world of pain,
What does it mean when war has taken over?
It's the same every day in a hell man-made,
What can be saved, and who will be left to hold her?

TMK
SIG

"It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument" - William G. McAdoo

Yinga Garten
SIG

I hate you.

MIIMAN
SIG

Nintendique is one sexual inneundo.
Super_Chris is the New Hayley Williams
ZeroSuitSamus2 is awesome. (:
ShadowHyrule is a Korean singer.
http://tingle-in-tights.aforumfree.com/forum.htm SIGN UP MAGGOTS. xxxx <3

wilfer 11

SIG
The Profiles I have On Other websites as Wilfrules4ever: The escapist, Last FM, Youtube, Sumo Paint, Photobucket, Twitter, Chatango...BTW ALL My Awesome People are still Awesome 8D
--- Teh Monkeh Knows All ---
Yubel7: YES IM A 3 YEAR OLD FEMALE!!!!!!!

Richy B

(None)
SIG
I am the assassin

Mudge
SIG

Thanks to TalesofZelda for my great avatar.

lmao
SIG

~For the Benefit of Mr. kite! There will be a show tonight on trampoline!
Wrathy said: Derren Brown, I'm real happy for you, and Imma let you finish, but hypnotoad was the best mind control OF - ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

Sarctastic
SIG

(None)

Darksaber
SIG

(None)

reecist

SIG
I am Reece. God of Reecism, author of crime fiction and eater of glowsticks.
Current 'Scenes We'd Like To See/What Is The Question?' status: 1st - 2, 2nd - 1, 3rd - 3

TheAPERSON
SIG

FMK
ONM F1 Record (7 seasons)
Wins: 12 (1 Midland, 5 Toyota, 6 Renault)
DOTD: 8
Driver's: 1

Slayso
SIG

With no power comes no responsibility...
Oh my God... I've got some Jaffa Cakes in my coat pocket!

garfield.0
SIG

garfield shall live on as the way of the lasagne leads to the triforce
trust me, miltanks always win

Teatoo
SIG

Vote Regginator3 and Teatoo for Best Couple
TwitterDeviantArt
Thanks to Edd for the avatar (:

Therealkirby
SIG

Thanks to donnamevans for the avatar.
ONM F1 V 18 Champ
The forum games and quizzes freak.

Last edited by Twi on 03 Oct 2009, 23:04, edited 8 times in total.
Twi

Postby Yinga Garten » 26 Sep 2009, 16:16

So I assume we can post now? Anyway I don't see how we can get Night Phase 1 done with tonight with no-one knowing there roles and such late notice.

*Reserved for Twi to give me information if he was meant to post again*
Yinga Garten

Postby Twi » 26 Sep 2009, 16:33

Yinga Garten wrote:So I assume we can post now? Anyway I don't see how we can get Night Phase 1 done with tonight with no-one knowing there roles and such late notice.

*Reserved for Twi to give me information if he was meant to post again*

Roles going out now.

Might change Saturday to Sunday Nightphase-wise.
Twi

Postby Minoru » 26 Sep 2009, 16:48

Twi wrote:Minoru, not so much on the cunning side. ;)

It's true ._.

But no less hurtful for it ;_;
Minoru

Postby Twi » 26 Sep 2009, 16:56

Minoru wrote:
Twi wrote:Minoru, not so much on the cunning side. ;)

It's true ._.

But no less hurtful for it ;_;

I'm fully aware.

Anyway, I still have a little bit more work to do on this guys, but feel free to post any inconsistencies you find, and hopefully I'll correct them.
Last edited by Twi on 26 Mar 2012, 23:04, edited 1 time in total.
Twi

Postby lmao » 27 Sep 2009, 10:03

This is my 1st mafia game. Go easy on me. :3
lmao

Postby Slayso » 27 Sep 2009, 10:09

Lynch lmao.
Once more, with feeling.
Slayso
ONM Moderator

Postby JDownie » 27 Sep 2009, 10:13

Steel Maffian - Sin;

Heh, rather fitting, eh?

*insert necessary Lynch Cyn post*

Got my role, btw. Looking forward to this. You better not disappoint, Twi. *shakes fist*
JDownie

Postby Slayso » 27 Sep 2009, 10:16

I ain't got mine. Feel shunned.
Once more, with feeling.
Slayso
ONM Moderator

Postby Twi » 27 Sep 2009, 10:28

Slayso wrote:I ain't got mine. Feel shunned.

I don't see no sticky. Feel shunned. ;]

You'll get it now anyway.
Twi

Postby Slayso » 27 Sep 2009, 10:35

Gonna sticky it tonight when it actually starts. Post when the night phase begins and I'll sticky.

I assume we're having silence at night yeah? I can't remember reading it in the first posts though I may have missed it.
Once more, with feeling.
Slayso
ONM Moderator

Postby TMK » 27 Sep 2009, 11:35

I don't haz mine :(
"It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument"
- William G. McAdoo
TMK

Postby JDownie » 27 Sep 2009, 11:36

TMK wrote:I don't haz mine :(

Yeah, about that. When Twi PMed me with my role, he added at the end "lulz, I'm not giving that nub TMK his role. He's a nub...

... and a Liverpool fan."
JDownie

Postby TMK » 27 Sep 2009, 11:38

JDownie wrote:

Yeah, about that. When Twi PMed me with my role, he added at the end "lulz, I'm not giving that nub TMK his role. He's a nub...

Oh sorry Godfather. Oops.

Lynch mafia

btw still haven't got it.
- William G. McAdoo
TMK

Postby Twi » 27 Sep 2009, 11:55

TMK wrote:
JDownie wrote:

Lynch mafia

You lie. Don't give me that shillings.
Twi

Postby TMK » 27 Sep 2009, 12:03

Twi wrote:
TMK wrote:
JDownie wrote:

Lynch mafia

You lie. Don't give me that shillings.

Rame. The thing at the top of the screen says 'No new messages', but I clicked it and your pm was there. Sorry.
- William G. McAdoo
TMK

Postby Squall 2180 » 27 Sep 2009, 12:06

Lynch Slayso

:wink:

I also havent got my role. xD
Squall 2180

Postby JDownie » 27 Sep 2009, 12:12

Squall 2180 wrote:Lynch Slayso

Check your PMs. It may be doing what it did with TMK, and not notifying you.
JDownie

Postby Twi » 27 Sep 2009, 12:22

JDownie wrote:

I'm very sure I sent Squall a PM, but it's not coming up on my Outbox or Sentbox either. It's happening a lot. Frustration pendddinnng.
*Aims horns in JDs direction in case I do flip out ;]*
Twi

Postby Squall 2180 » 27 Sep 2009, 12:25

Twi wrote:
JDownie wrote:

I'm very sure I sent Squall a PM, but it's not coming up on my Outbox or Sentbox either. It's happening a lot. Frustration pendddinnng.

Nope, still not in my inbox. :P
Squall 2180

Postby TMK » 27 Sep 2009, 12:28

Check your inbox. Sometimes it says no new message when you have one.
- William G. McAdoo
TMK

Postby Twi » 27 Sep 2009, 12:32

Squall 2180 wrote:
Twi wrote:
JDownie wrote:

Nope, still not in my inbox. :P

YOU ALSO LIE. I DON'T WANT YOUR SHILLINGS.
Twi

Next