Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

Black Ops 2 Wii U - the first definitive Call Of Duty experi

Comment on site articles.

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to get really excited about this game

A fully fledged Call Of Duty game had to come to Wii U. Whether you're a certified nuke-chucking prestige steam train, or the sort that believes the series is a subliminal indictment of Western patriarchy, cultural stagnation and the colour brown, you'll understand us when we say: it had to.

... read more

Black Ops 2 Wii U - the first definitive Call Of Duty experi

Postby BIGBUTTER » 13 Nov 2012, 11:20

Wow- Unexpected review for a Wii U game this early. Thanks!!
BIGBUTTER

Re: Black Ops 2 Wii U - the first definitive Call Of Duty ex

Postby Cidiyance » 13 Nov 2012, 13:13

Ok, we got definitive but do we have DLC and live streaming for this console's version if Black Ops 2? I don't care if it's early days I want my sweats Now (Well, untill the WiiU's release date)!!!
Let the fire burn, the Hero die and the world turning into a shadow of light! Time has come for you to challenge me!
Cidiyance

Postby KairiZero » 13 Nov 2012, 13:20

Not massively into the Call of Duty franchise, my interest waned off after Cod 4 - but the multiplayer is still a lot of fun to play from time to time, a good catch for the wii U for sure!

As wolves among sheep we wander
KairiZero

Postby toffeeman30 » 13 Nov 2012, 14:08

very average game according to the 4 reviews ive seen so far. not enough to reinvigorate call of duty
toffeeman30

Postby deKay » 13 Nov 2012, 15:59

I hope there's a free copy of Mass Effect 2 on the second disc!
Game Over, Yeah!!
deKay

Postby Pyron12 » 13 Nov 2012, 17:20

deKay wrote:I hope there's a free copy of Mass Effect 2 on the second disc!

In your dreams deKay :lol: :roll:
Friend Code: 3780-9511-6018
Pyron12

Postby deKay » 13 Nov 2012, 17:29

Pyron12 wrote:
deKay wrote:I hope there's a free copy of Mass Effect 2 on the second disc!

In your dreams deKay :lol: :roll:

Why? That's how the PC version is! :)
Game Over, Yeah!!
deKay

Postby Hams96 » 13 Nov 2012, 17:34

To be perfectly honest, I couldn't care less about Cod. I'm not an immature little t**t who buys a game based on how graphic it is.
Hams96

Postby Argenthor » 13 Nov 2012, 18:26

BIGBUTTER wrote:Wow- Unexpected review for a Wii U game this early. Thanks!!

It is not a review if you read it! (+it is under 'preview')

toffeeman30 wrote:very average game according to the 4 reviews ive seen so far. not enough to reinvigorate call of duty

The only review I read gave it 93% and said it was quite different (IGN)... I'll be interested to see if the Wii-U version is the same + more or if things are cut like some of the other multi-platform games so far
Argenthor

Postby 5OUNDWAVE » 13 Nov 2012, 18:39

has anyone seen the trailer that guy ritchie directed - amazing
5OUNDWAVE

Postby HyrulianToad » 13 Nov 2012, 20:49

Never bought a cod game and I'm not going to start now though its good to finally see full cod on a Nintendo console.
Is anyone really going to buy this when all there friends have the other versions ? I doubt it but we'll see.
HyrulianToad

Postby KairiZero » 13 Nov 2012, 22:13

toffeeman30 wrote:very average game according to the 4 reviews ive seen so far. not enough to reinvigorate call of duty

IGN typically gave it a 9.3 - as per.....but judging from metacritic scores, its taken a bit of a beating! I don't actually mind the series, but I am somebody who gets narked that they make these games annual releases, and rarely do anything with them to make them stand out a great deal from the last! Since CoD4, they have literally just hashed and re-hashed it time and time again. I've heard they've stripped back the multiplayer component though to level out the playing field which is quite nice, but it will never stop the people who exploit cheap and tacky tactics to win games ¬_¬

KairiZero

Postby madlink » 14 Nov 2012, 18:51

I've pre-ordered this so it's good to see it's getting some positive words. It's obvious a game that's made for multi-formats will be compared and to be honest I was getting fed up of having to always play a game that was like "the poor relation no-one wants to bother with".
madlink

Postby TheNUKEnukeM » 15 Nov 2012, 17:40

Hams96 wrote:To be perfectly honest, I couldn't care less about Cod. I'm not an immature little t**t who buys a game based on how graphic it is.

Really because I am. Because I like fast paced shooting and really fun gameplay I am now an immature *wat. Logic. :lol:
When I go out some people ask me-Hey what's with the name. Well My real surname is Newcomb. And its sounds like Nukem as in Duke Nukem the game character (never played it, im two young). So I have adopted it and put in frustrating capital letters.
TheNUKEnukeM

Postby KairiZero » 15 Nov 2012, 23:00

TheNUKEnukeM wrote:
Hams96 wrote:To be perfectly honest, I couldn't care less about Cod. I'm not an immature little t**t who buys a game based on how graphic it is.

Really because I am. Because I like fast paced shooting and really fun gameplay I am now an immature *wat. Logic. :lol:

Agreed, I think tw*t is a bit harsh.....The games not bad, but I'm just tired of the annual steaming re-hash its become - this seems somewhat....different though. I don't know if I'll purchase it or not - Perhaps Nintendo would be kind enough to throw us a demo of it on the e-shop ;)

KairiZero