Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

Nintendo Land review

Comment on site articles.

It might be a small world, but there's a whole heap to do in it

If Nintendo was being absolutely upfront with us, Nintendo Land would centre on a whiteboard, not a theme park. It would be a messy one, covered with different people's handwriting, scribbled diagrams and the kinds of coffee stains spatter analysts would conclude could only be created by staying up all night and shaking with a physiological cocktail of endorphins and sleep deprivation.

... read more

Nintendo Land review

Postby Skywardwolf23 » 27 Nov 2012, 17:54

Well hopefully i'll be a getting a prem pack :D
Skywardwolf23

Re: Nintendo Land review

Postby KairiZero » 28 Nov 2012, 02:42

"robot Bulborg dung" - this alone rustled my jimmies to unacceptable levels!

As wolves among sheep we wander
KairiZero

Postby liveswired » 05 Dec 2012, 22:31

Terrible. This should be a freebie with the console - not a premium.
liveswired

Postby Brawlftw » 11 Dec 2012, 22:46

liveswired wrote:Terrible. This should be a freebie with the console - not a premium.

I totally agree, there is nothing to warrant this having a £40 price tag. This is nearly as bad as trying to charge full price for Wii Sports.
Brawlftw

Postby Johny G » 14 Dec 2012, 13:17

I was worried the single player mode would be quite poor but it is actually very enjoyable. It is of course better to play with friends but playing solo is still good fun.
Johny G

Postby olrodlegacy » 30 Dec 2012, 18:27

I'll start with the positives: The graphics and MiiVerse integration are great. Now the negatives. Even less longevity than Wii Sports, half the games can't be played alone, the hub gets mind-numbingly boring - it could have been an Isle Delfino-like plaza where intermittent events would happen after achievements in the mini-games so as to give the game a story or anything to keep hardcore gamers interested. I'm lucky I played this before ZombiU because otherwise I'd have spent even less time playing it. Not even close to being worth the price tag.

I thought Balloon Ride was the best of all the games, and that's worrying. Nobody will play the Octopus game more than once, and the rest were distinctly average.

55%
Twitter: @olrodlegacy 3DS Friend Code: 3523-2031-4532. PM me yours!

"There is a purpose greater than myself."
olrodlegacy

Postby KH81314 » 11 Jan 2013, 15:48

Got the deluxe edition and wasn't to excited to play this game. My brother thinks its the best game on the Wii U.
Darkness becomes Light, Light falls into Darkness
KH81314

Postby widdlersbrew » 04 Feb 2013, 13:59

Really? An overpriced mini-game collection gets 90%? Are you really saying Nintendo Land is better than Batman: Arkham City or Mass Effect 3? In fact, they also have deemed Black Ops 2 better than Mass Effect 3. As much as I enjoy the witticisms of the writers at ONM, I fear they may have officially lost all journalistic credibility.
widdlersbrew