Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

Mario Kart Wii: Time Trials cheat -NO SPOILERS-

Chat about Nintendo's home consoles in here. Now includes WiiWare and Virtual Console chat

Are you the cheater!!!!! (just trying to get lots of no's ,hehehe :D)

Yes, I am.
13%
No, I'm not (vote here)
87%

Total votes : 94

Mario Kart Wii: Time Trials cheat -NO SPOILERS-

Postby Golden Knight » 11 Apr 2008, 18:07

Hi guy, if you have played the Mario Kart Time Trials, ghost data thing on Wifi. You may have seen the Champ for all of the tracks. He cheats somehow and i don't have a clue how he dose it, but does anyone know how he cheats and how you do it?

By the way, no spoilers about the game.
Last edited by Golden Knight on 12 Apr 2008, 10:43, edited 2 times in total.
Golden Knight

Postby tomrutters » 11 Apr 2008, 18:17

So that you can have a go?
My_name_is_sam: You obviously haven't seen my dad drunk.
Akerjlg: I am an avid viewer of Street Crime UK, so it's a possibility.
Captain Nemo:Does abortion have a secret plan which you only know half of?
19/02/06 OONM. 12/12/07 CVG.
tomrutters

Postby DJbruce » 11 Apr 2008, 18:41

The Game just came out. And already we have cheaters :roll: .
DJbruce

Postby Leontendo » 11 Apr 2008, 20:31

It's something like, you go through one lap and face the wrong way and wait a while...
Please DO NOT PM this account. Contact my via my new account Yirba.
Leontendo

Postby superh » 11 Apr 2008, 22:58

Action Replay? i know it sucks on the wii but thats only way i think he could do it.
superh

Postby Demtendo » 11 Apr 2008, 23:29

apparently that leader does two laps then stops and waits for the timer to go to 99.99.9 wer it is reset to 0 and he can do a quick lap round
Demtendo

Postby Gordon Ramsey » 11 Apr 2008, 23:32

There were cheaters like this on Mario Strikers Charged Football in the initial weeks since release, somehow they dissapeared though, and I think it was proberbly Nintendo's doing too. They will sort it.
:mrgreen:
Gordon Ramsey

Postby lmao » 11 Apr 2008, 23:39

you saw it too?
i thought i was just going crazy...
i agree with demtendo.
lmao

Postby Mercurys Phoenix » 11 Apr 2008, 23:43

I've only seen it on the Snowboard track - a guy with a time of 53 point something or other seconds. There are about three other people with exactly the same time. Like others have said, on the replay the guy just does one lap (excrutiatingly slowly) and then turns the opposite way just after the finish line. Then the replay doesn't stop.

Personally, I think its a bug. I've only seen it on one track and there are others with the same time.
Mercurys Phoenix

Postby alexmono94 » 11 Apr 2008, 23:49

I say ban them!
alexmono94

Postby lmao » 12 Apr 2008, 00:02

alexmono94 wrote:I say ban them!

welcome to the forum ¬_¬
lmao

Postby alexmono94 » 12 Apr 2008, 00:08

Thanks... but I'm really angry! :P
alexmono94

Postby lmao » 12 Apr 2008, 00:10

alexmono94 wrote:Thanks... but I'm really angry! :P

About what?
i think nintendo will release something to stop this sort of thing happening.
i think you are jumping to conclusions with the banning thing
lmao

Postby alexmono94 » 12 Apr 2008, 00:13

Okay... sorry... I'll think before I speak next time, i'm a rather impatitient person :(
alexmono94

Postby danz202 » 12 Apr 2008, 00:21

Mercurys Phoenix wrote:I've only seen it on the Snowboard track - a guy with a time of 53 point something or other seconds. There are about three other people with exactly the same time. Like others have said, on the replay the guy just does one lap (excrutiatingly slowly) and then turns the opposite way just after the finish line. Then the replay doesn't stop.

Personally, I think its a bug. I've only seen it on one track and there are others with the same time.

I've seen something like it on the Mushroom Gorge level.
I was checking to see if my score was there and found about 5 people with like 44 seconds to complete the three laps.
Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 Persona:danz202
Always up for a battle
danz202

Postby Sonic_Freak » 12 Apr 2008, 00:42

I was just about to make a post about this, I thought I was going mad. I just noticed it on the World Champ for Luigi Circuit. The person does 2 laps really slow then turns round just after the finish line with Lakitu coming down then just stays there forever and that somehow means he/she's done 3 laps in a short time? I just whupped the ghosts ass and was told I've lose? What a load of rubbish.
Sonic_Freak

Postby alexmono94 » 12 Apr 2008, 00:46

Sonic_Freak wrote:I was just about to make a post about this, I thought I was going mad. I just noticed it on the World Champ for Luigi Circuit. The person does 2 laps really slow then turns round just after the finish line with Lakitu coming down then just stays there forever and that somehow means he/she's done 3 laps in a short time? I just whupped the ghosts ass and was told I've lose? What a load of rubbish.

I know! When I beat the ghost on the 2nd lap it said I was 99 seconds ahead of him and when I finished the 3rd I lost!?
alexmono94

Postby Sonic_Freak » 12 Apr 2008, 01:05

I've just tipped GoNintendo about this and they've put up a news entry about it, apparently many others have tipped them about it too. I hope Nintendo know about this and sort the cheaters out soon because at the moment no-one can achieve the World Champion ranking.

Link -
http://gonintendo.com/?p=40093
Sonic_Freak

Postby Meadows » 12 Apr 2008, 02:04

I was about to make a post about this! This is rather annoying, I went to set a time and we already have cheaters! grrr! irritating! I was beating the ghost and thought I was going to take the top spot only to find it's a cheat!
Meadows

Postby Gordon Ramsey » 12 Apr 2008, 03:59

Sonic_Freak wrote:I've just tipped GoNintendo about this and they've put up a news entry about it, apparently many others have tipped them about it too. I hope Nintendo know about this and sort the cheaters out soon because at the moment no-one can achieve the World Champion ranking.

Link -
http://gonintendo.com/?p=40093

I can, I'm just that good. 8-)
:mrgreen:
Gordon Ramsey

Postby Anto103 » 12 Apr 2008, 08:45

Well Kotaku has gotten their grubby little paws on it now. It's true.
Anto103

Postby worm104 » 12 Apr 2008, 09:22

Mercurys Phoenix wrote:I've only seen it on the Snowboard track - a guy with a time of 53 point something or other seconds. There are about three other people with exactly the same time. Like others have said, on the replay the guy just does one lap (excrutiatingly slowly) and then turns the opposite way just after the finish line. Then the replay doesn't stop.

On maple treeway the top 5 all had 1 min 8 and three decimal points all the same, it must be a bug becuase everyone else had 2 mins.
Seen as image sigs are disabled, click below for sig.
http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/7168/godotsigcf5.png
worm104

Postby MrJimmy » 12 Apr 2008, 09:22

Anto103 wrote:Well Kotaku has gotten their grubby little paws on it now. It's true.

Aww man. Beat me to it. :P
MrJimmy

Postby User removed » 12 Apr 2008, 09:36

Mercury's Phoenix you lucky thing :P

I've never run into cheaters...yet
User removed

Postby chojin » 12 Apr 2008, 10:13

Yeah I spotted these last night and a post about it (never spotted this thread)

I think they should be banned there is no need for cheating and if you get caught you pay the price.
:twisted:
chojin

Next