Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

Super Mario RPG On The Way To VC

Comment on site articles.

Classic SNES RPG on the release list in Japan

Super Mario RPG, the classic SNES RPG, will be available for download in Japan in June. This is good news as it means Nintendo has come to an agreement with Square Enix which will hopefully pave the way for the game to be released in the UK.

... read more

Postby legendofzelda » 30 May 2008, 17:40

yay i cant wait to get this. it looks very good

btw fix the misprint in the article, at the end it says super paper mario instead of super mario rpg
Last edited by legendofzelda on 30 May 2008, 17:40, edited 1 time in total.
if you are reading this you are officialy awesome!
legendofzelda

Postby G_R7 » 30 May 2008, 17:40

Please, do not get our hopes up with this one as I, personnally REALLY want this game. I say that because the UK is often over looked but maybe this time will be different.
http://uk.youtube.com/profile?user=GRose7 Visit my YouTube page for videos of my drunken fun including me downing a pint of beer in 3.2 seconds.
3DS FC is 3007 8062 6995.
Wii U ID is G_R777
PM me if you add me or one, the other or both (20+yo only!)!
G_R7

Postby Doctor Wii » 30 May 2008, 17:50

having never played this like many others, i am very looking forward to this game, hopefully its not too long before we get the game ourselfs.
hurray
PM Me for friends codes etc.
Doctor Wii

Postby wariorulez » 30 May 2008, 18:05

i had this on an emulator but lost it! i would love to finish this game and play it in english. Nintendo make it happen as i can assure everyone who has never played this, that this game is brilliant :)
message me for my wii, bwii, ssbb, mario kart wii, cod:waw friend codes.

Keep the Faith! Bring Starfox!!
wariorulez

Postby catscan93 » 30 May 2008, 18:48

one word...

:D
SupermewX300 wrote:Rape is best-case-scenario.
catscan93

Postby U-Mos » 30 May 2008, 18:57

Time for a petition, I think...
Member of the Month issue 36!
U-Mos

Postby TheRexFactor » 30 May 2008, 19:05

catscan93 wrote:one word...

:D

:D isn't a word :?

And as for the game, I'd love to play it. However. I won't get my hopes up just yet. Knowing the way this kind of thing usually goes it might never reach us. Or it could take a very long time
I used to be a mod, now I'm just part of the community.
3DS FC: 3780-9077-9091 (let me know if you add me so I can add back)
Mario Kart 7 and Animal Crossing New Leaf current online games
TheRexFactor

Postby GlobboTwilight » 30 May 2008, 19:51

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Awesome!
http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co. ... ?t=4182For My Awesome Art Gallery!!
-[Best Mates]-
GT-Fox, Chaz, Rik, Ben707 and Maul
I'm a guy by the way :D I May Act Girly, But I'm Male
SLIPKNOT DECEMBER 2008!!!!!!!!!!!
GlobboTwilight

Postby Poke-J » 30 May 2008, 20:23

Never heard of it...But it sound good....I might but it....dot...dot...
Steam|Twitter
3DS FC: 3995-6570-3669 (JG)
Poke-J

Postby AMthedude » 30 May 2008, 20:47

Awesome! Now all I need is wireless broadband...
I drink blue juice from under the sink!
AMthedude

Postby thesewoodenideas » 30 May 2008, 21:10

SMRPG FTW!!!
thesewoodenideas

Postby 13th Nightmare » 30 May 2008, 21:35

About time it was released on the VC, here's hoping it get's released over here
My Twitter
Leaving the forum for an indefinite amount of time.
See ya later guys
13th Nightmare

Postby Vortex099 » 30 May 2008, 21:35

ONM wrote:Super Mario RPG, the classic SNES RPG, will be available for download in Japan in June. This is good news as it means Nintendo has come to an agreement with Square Enix which will hopefully pave the way for the game to be released in the UK.

We certainly hope so as along with Earthbound, Super Mario RPG is probably one of the games veteran Nintendo fans would most like to see on the Wii's download service.

One reason for this is because the adventure, Mario's last on SNES, was never released in Europe. It sees Mario and Bowser teaming up to battle against an enemy called Smithy in the first role-playing game in the Mario series. Mario would go onto star in more RPGs including the Paper Mario series and the handheld Mario & Luigi games.

Super Paper Mario will cost 900 Wii Points in Japan. Well worth it...

Super Paper Mario for 900 points? Now THAT's a good deal.
When in doubt, either blame Canada or use Google.
Vortex099

Postby Gordon Ramsey » 30 May 2008, 21:44

I'll be getting it, especially as it'll be at 60Hz and not the horrid 50Hz trash we still fall victim to recieving with regular VC games. :x
:mrgreen:
Gordon Ramsey

Finally!

Postby TomMc92 » 30 May 2008, 23:40

I have been wating for this game for some time now! I heard we won't get it till the next hanbi festival is that true?
Most wanted games: Monster Hunter 4, Rune factory 4, Lugi Mansion, Dragon Quest 7 3DS, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate edition, Smash Bros game for 3DS and Wii U

Rune Factory 4 is on 3DS!
Finally have a Wii U looking forward to playing MH3U!
TomMc92

Postby Mario maniac » 31 May 2008, 08:10

HOOORRAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :lol: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Mario maniac

Postby Hero of Winds » 31 May 2008, 08:40

Vortex099 wrote:
ONM wrote:Super Mario RPG, the classic SNES RPG, will be available for download in Japan in June. This is good news as it means Nintendo has come to an agreement with Square Enix which will hopefully pave the way for the game to be released in the UK.

We certainly hope so as along with Earthbound, Super Mario RPG is probably one of the games veteran Nintendo fans would most like to see on the Wii's download service.

One reason for this is because the adventure, Mario's last on SNES, was never released in Europe. It sees Mario and Bowser teaming up to battle against an enemy called Smithy in the first role-playing game in the Mario series. Mario would go onto star in more RPGs including the Paper Mario series and the handheld Mario & Luigi games.

Super Paper Mario will cost 900 Wii Points in Japan. Well worth it...

Super Paper Mario for 900 points? Now THAT's a good deal.

Damn. And I bought it for £35 six weeks ago. :lol: . All jokes aside its higher than normal SNES prices, could this mean a Hanabi Festival release this autumn?
Hero of Winds

Postby D.J » 31 May 2008, 09:09

Hmm, better late than never.

12 years late to be exact though.
ImageImage
PSN: SpacedDJ "No more twist"
D.J

Postby User removed » 31 May 2008, 09:39

All of you that haven't played this are really missing out. I got it when I was on holiday in America years and years ago. It is probably one of my most played SNES games to date.
I hope it does come out here, as it is a brilliant game which more people need to play.
User removed

Postby jaco_p » 31 May 2008, 11:08

oh my god i can't wait to get this game! It's far too expensive to get on import as well as a converter, which is why this and other gems like mother, chrono trigger and the like would sell really well. Also Secret of mana and secret of evermore?? Come on Nintendo, make it happen and you'll make lots of old school gamers reeeeeaaallly happy :D :D :D
i've met mario!!XD twice!
pm me someone please for wario diy, MH3, mariokart wii, brawl, etc i've got loadsa online games doing nuffin!
check out my registered games :-) http://www.nintendo-europe.com/user/jaco_pastorius
jaco_p

Postby Zabba 2 » 31 May 2008, 12:42

It's great news. I've been waiting to play this for ages. Although, it's likely us lot won't get it until the next Hanabi Festival, which won't be until next year!
Zabba 2

Postby DarkAce » 31 May 2008, 15:37

Can't wait. I'd prefer a revamped DS version though.
Like FF3.

Geno for SSB4!!1!!one1!11eleven!
DarkAce

Mario RPG

Postby kezao » 31 May 2008, 17:00

it'll be a while till it will probably be on VC here, but i cant wait, all mario rpg's are great, but this one looks even better :D
kezao

Postby Vortex099 » 31 May 2008, 17:32

Zabba 2 wrote:It's great news. I've been waiting to play this for ages. Although, it's likely us lot won't get it until the next Hanabi Festival, which won't be until next year!

WRONG. Why? Because, according to the Nintendo Channel, the next Hanabi Festival is going to start in mid-September. This is because on the Nintendo Channel it says that SMB 2 JPN will be re-released on 14/09/08.
When in doubt, either blame Canada or use Google.
Vortex099

Postby LingXiao » 31 May 2008, 17:57

Great! This is what the virtual console was made for and would finally make it put to good use.
Take note NOE, PLEASE BRING THIS OUT OVER HERE.

Geno should have been in Brawl too :(
Gamertag: AndyMatronic
dA // last.fm // gallery // twitter
LingXiao

Next