Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

The Capcom Mafia Game [Solutions in FG&Q]

Anything else you'd like to talk about? Post here....

The Capcom Mafia Game [Solutions in FG&Q]

Postby Minoru » 31 Aug 2010, 07:03

CAPCOM The Mafia Game!

How to Play:

If you know how to play a mafia game feel free to skip to the second post, however I advise that you reacquaint yourself with the rules incase anything is different or you have forgotten anything.

The Basics:
A mafia game is a game where two (or three or more, if you include the lone roles) side are at war. Every night the mafia hunt down and kill someone at the godfather's request. This might be a random killing, or he may wish to take down someone who he considers a threat. When someone makes a kill, they always leave some sort of clue behind. It is the job of the innocents, every day phase, to solve the clues that the mafia have left behind, avoid any red herrings the mafia attempt to create, and lynch whoever they believe to be a member of the mafia.

Win Conditions:
Innocent Win
For an innocent win, all of the mafia and lone roles must be eliminated.

Mafia Win
For a mafia win, the mafia must number equal to, or greater then the number of innocents and lone roles put together.

Lone Role Win
For a lone role win, the specific role must be the last one(s) standing.

The Phases:
The Night Phase
During the night phase players with night roles (mafia, werewolf, doctor etc), PM me with their course of action for the night (who to kill, who to protect etc). In the case of the mafia, they may discuss amoungst themselves what action they should take. The night phase will last approximately 48 hours, if I have not received your PM by then, I will take it to mean you wish not to act (if that is the case please PM me saying so, in order to speed things up).

The Day Phase
At the beginning of each day phase whoever has been killed (by the mafia, vigilante etc) will be announced and a clue will be given leading to whoever killed them. Innocents will then try to solve the clue(s) and lynch who they believe is the killer. Once a majority of the group have lynched (or I become impatient and do not wish to wait for a majority decision, in this case I will kill whoever has the most lynches) will be killed.

The aim is for innocents to kill who they believe is mafia. For the mafia, the aim is to trick innocents into believing someone else is mafia (by providing false links) and killing them instead. However, tricky little buggers they can be, if the mafia believe one of their numbers has been discovered, they may turn on them and lynch their own to avoid suspicion.

The Clues:
At the beginning of the day phase, all of the people playing the game will wake to discover one or more of the players have been killed. A clue will be given that leads to the killer. The member of the Mafia who does the killing will be chosen by the Godfather, he may also chose to do the killing himself. For other killing roles it will link to the specific person that did the killing. Clues can be related to the avatar, signature, biography or something else of the killer in question, so make sure you look everywhere.

Let’s say I'm the Steel Mafioso and one night I killed Flep; an example of the clue might be:

As morning rose everyone gathered in the village square, the body of Flep was found. Flep had clearly been strangled, a piece of string was wound tightly around his neck and had been pulled taunt. A red baseball cap had been placed on Flep's head.

The clue there quite obviously links to my avatar, with Ness wearing a red baseball cap and swinging a yo-yo. In the actual game the clues will be more difficult (or I should at least hope so...). There could be any number of clues each morning as a number of players killed may, and probably will, vary.
Last edited by Minoru on 12 Dec 2010, 19:32, edited 33 times in total.
Minoru

Postby Minoru » 31 Aug 2010, 07:04

The Rules:
1. Do not, I repeat, do not, tell anyone your role, unless you are a member of the mafia (in which case you will be able to communicate with the other mafia members).
2. If you know any other player's role (because you are the detective, drinking buddy, etc) do not reveal it, even after your death.
3. Lynches must be posted in bold, for example: I Lynch Flep.
4. I am rarely online until late afternoon at the earliest. Please do not complain if I don't update in the day.
5. If you are not active or break the rules you will be godkilled (killed by the narrator - that's me).
6. You are allowed one and only one death post. If you have more then one, someone from your side will be godkilled.
7. Do not reveal information in your death post.
8. Please don't spam. If you have something to say related to mafia games, but not this one direct it to The Mafia Discussion Thread.
9. If you have any questions concerning your role, PM them to me. Otherwise please post them in the thread so others may answer.
10. Once the game has started, please don't change any informarion that isn't recorded in the sig bank (e.g your profile information).

The Roles:

Innocent Roles:

The Citizens (17):
Just normal people who want to live in peace. They have no special abilities and must rely on their wit and cunning to solve the clues and lynch the members of the mafia.

Vigilante - Dante:
Though Dante is on the side of good, he has no problem with killing. Once every two night phases beginning with the second, he may PM me the name of a player he believes is a member of the mafia and they will be night killed, however this is not mandatory.

Mayor - Dr Light:
Once during the entire game Dr Light may use his intelligence to influence and completely change the entire lynch vote. During any day phase Dr Light may send my a PM with the name of the player he wants to be lynched and they will be killed.

Photographer - Frank West:
Each night phase Frank can pick one player to follow and photograph. If that person takes any actions (killing, protecting, etc) during that night phase Frank will know, however Frank will not be able to discover a players allegiance.

Detective - Phoenix Wright:
Using his investigative skills, once ever third night (beginning on night one) Phoenix can find our the role of one player. He may not disclose the identity of this person (it is not advisable to do so anyway, as the mafia would then know his role), but may use his knowledge to cause a lynch or avoid one.

Bodyguard - Eagle:
Eagle has been employed to protect the citizens. Once per night phase Eagle may PM the name of one player he wishes to protect for the night, if this player is attacked they will survive.

Doctor - Nina:
Using her magic, Nina can heal one player per night phase and prevent them from dying. After three uses she will run out of AP and no longer be able to use her magic therefor becoming a normal citizen.

Psychiatrist - Donovan Baine:
It is Donovan's job to find Anita and help her. Once per night phase Donovan may PM me the name of the player he believe is Anita, if he is correct Anita will be healed, if he is incorrect he must continue searching.

Werewolf's Rival - Viewtiful Joe:
Joe is the only one capable of standing against Alastor. If he is targeted as Alastor's night kill at any point in the game he has a fifty percent chance of killing Alastor and surviving the encounter.

Drinking Buddies (2) - Amaterasu & Issun:
Virtually inseparable, Amaterasu and Issun know each other's identity and can communicate via PM. If one is night killed the other will become vengeful. When one is vengeful they must find the identity of their friend's killer. They may PM the name of one player per night, if this is the killer the surviving drinking buddy will confront them in a rage and either die or kill the murderer. If one is lynched the other will have a fifty percent chance of joining the mafia.

Mafia Roles:

Godfather - Yami:
The almighty evil. Yami commands the rest of the mafia. It is Yami that chooses who shall be killed each night and who shall do the killing. If at any point in the game Yami is killed, a new godfather will be randomly assigned from the remaining members of the mafia.

Steel Mafioso - Sagat:
Sagat's almost unstoppable strength means that no role can night kill him. If he is target as a night kill he will survive as though protected by the doctor or bodyguard. Otherwise he is just a normal mafioso.

Avenger - Adon:
Unless Sagat is killed Adon is just a normal mafioso. If Sagat is killed Adon will suffer a breakdown and begin picking innocents off one by one. Adon may PM me with a kill every two night phases starting the night after Sagat's death.

Recuiter - Morrigan:
Using her inerent persuasive abilities as a succubus, after the third night phase, Morrigan can seduce one player into joining the mafia. Her abilities will not work on Nina, Anita or Amaterasu and if they are targeted, Morrigan must select another player to recuit.

Manipulator - Matt Engarde:
Matt is a master manipulator, if he is investigated by Phoenix he will appear innocent. On top of that he can use his wily wiles to change up to two players' lynch vote once in the game.

Mafiosi - Zombies (5):
Mindless goons after some brain food. Yami sends one of them in the general direction of his target and they go about their work. They are in their element at night and can communicate amongst themselves via PM.
Last edited by Minoru on 31 Aug 2010, 18:01, edited 2 times in total.
Minoru

Postby Minoru » 31 Aug 2010, 07:04

Lone Roles:

Werewolves (3):
Though each werewolf is independent and can survive without the others, they have formed an alliance in order to eliminate both the innocents and the mafia. The werewolves will not know each other's identities, and must try at all costs not to unintentionally kill each other. The werewolves may communicate via sending PMs to me, which I will then edit (if I determine it to be necessary) then forward to the recipient(s). Subtle clues to, but not outright disclosure of, your identity will be allowed in said PMs. Each night phase one of the werewolves may PM me with a kill (cycling through: Wesker, Krauser, Alastor).

- Albert Wesker:
Wesker is devious and power hungry, he seeks to annihilate both the innocents and the mafia. He is the first werewolf and may kill every third night phase beginning on the first night. He also has the ability to command Krauser to lynch anyone he wishes, though use of this ability is not mandatory.

- Jack Krauser:
Krauser is the second werewolf, he may kill one player every third night beginning with the second night. Krauser's only allegiance is to Wesker and as such Krauser will follow any lynch orders given to him by Wesker.

- Alastor:
Alastor is the third werewolf, he may kill one player every third night phase starting with the third night. Alastor seeks the ultimate battle and doesn't care who provides it. He sees himself as being Joe's arch rival, but if he targets Joe as his night kill, there is a fifty percent chance that he will die and Joe will survive.

Bounty Hunter - Proto Man:
Proto Man is indecisive about his role in things. His dislike for Dr Light pushes him toward siding with the mafia, but at heart he isn't evil. At the beginning of the game Proto Man can chose his allegiance. If he chooses mafia he will have a single night kill that may be used from the second night onwards, before becoming a normal mafioso. If he chooses to become innocent he will be protected from one night kill before becoming a normal citizen.

The Clone - Sniper Joe:
Sniper Joe's role will be determined by Proto Man. Whatever role Proto Man chooses at the beginning of the game, Sniper Joe will the assigned to the other side. Otherwise he has no special abilities.

Schizophrenic - Anita:
Since the death of her parents Anita has become mentally ill. Once every two night phases she must PM me the name of one player. What happens to that player will be randomly determined. They may be killed, healed, have their ability blocked, have their next lynch changed or be investigated. If Anita is found by Donovan she will be healed. Once healed Anita will become an innocent player and be able to chose which ability to use. However once she is found, she will be distracted by Donovan and only able to use her abilities once ever four night phases.

Please Note - I did my best to include good characters, but I felt it more important to chose ones who fit the roles. I know a lot of characters are missing, and I myself am disappointed that I couldn't fit Von Karma or Zack and Wiki in, so don't kill me if your favourite character is missing please.

The Players:
1. Twi
2. Hypertech
3. Slayso
4. PixelF
5. The Polygon Mage
6. G_F8765
7. PrincessPeach
8. lmao
9. random_guy_14
10. Eternal Darkness
11. marioman77
12. D-mash
13. jaketheshizz
14. LightSamus
15. mastersword267
16. snes2
17. parametakoopa
18. demon scutter
19. Piplup
20. mario kart
21. Shaun2005
22. wilfer 11
23. pokemaniac 212
24. Splinter435
25. Matchi-chan
26. Yinga Garten
27. Nintencat
28. Richy B
29. Teh_Black_Mage
30. Irish_Monkey
31. greenzilla
32. chain chomp8
33. Rai13
34. Swixer-Swaxer
35. dwan25
36. reecist
37. Roflmaoaos
38. SamuriFerret
39. nintengeek
40. radish head
41. Sparkle
42. SuperMarioFan886
43. Chained Teapot

Sinature Bank:

1. Twi:
Signature:

Yubel7: Our cocks do not seem to be compatible
No more pain.
Two-tailed Wind Incarnate.
also darkjelly

2. Hypertech:
Signature:

<3 Abby <3
Awesome People: Sir_Bowser, Twi, Iln, PrincessPeach, NiB, Problem Child, Tommson, Mewthree, Reggienator3, Ninjakirby, LoopyLobster, Guwuh, Sarctastic and Nintencat.

3. Slayso:
Signature:

Big damn hero.

4. PixelF:
Signature:

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” - Dr. Seuss

5. The Polygon Mage:
Signature:

We asura will tell you, victory is a matter of ingenuity, not muscle. Even magic is just a cog in the Eternal Alchemy.

6. G_F8765:
[NONE]
Signature:
[NONE]

7. PrincessPeach:
Signature:

Tweepcat: Guys, is it bad if I had a girl if she is my sister?
NiB <3
Twitter

8. lmao:
Signature:

Recieving transmission from David Bowie's nipple antennae!

9. random_guy_14:
Signature:

I'm a rocket maaaaaannnnn
Official Member of the FG&Q Council/Senate-Thing
Design a Mario Kart Track, Version 5

10. Eternal Darkness:
Signature:

Huzzah!
I got into a fight. An awesome fight.

Abel and Merric - Fell during Endgame.
Ryu Hayabusa is Other M's final boss and you know it.

11. marioman77:
Signature:

MUK STILL WANTS YO COOKIEZ
The equation of awshumness: Hyp>HNF1>Falsh>Swix>
Peach>ProblemChild>NiB>Sir_Bowser>Rexy>Iln>PGTV>
Twi>Sask>DarkJelly>ChewToy>ML19

12. D-mash:
Signature:

Little girls tie bows, real men Saikyo!
HAAH
REEE
CAAAAAAAAYYYN
POLIWHIRL

13. jaketheshizz:
Signature:

Twitter?|Facebook?

14. LightSamus:
Signature:

PSN: LightSamus88, Gamertag: LightOnTheEdge, Twitter: LightSamus
Deputy Editor for: http://www.dailyjoypad.co.uk/

15. mastersword267:
Signature:

Chained Teapot is a hero to the pokeforum.
Last edited by Minoru on 13 Nov 2010, 02:59, edited 19 times in total.
Minoru

Postby Minoru » 31 Aug 2010, 07:06

16. snes2:
Signature:

I know you love me

17. parametakoopa:
Signature:

Do you understand now?

18. demon scutter:
Signature:

"Hi I'm a grabby T-shirt, I'm gonna grab you!"
Demon Swixer-Sasker are go!
Swixer: The Brains
Sask: The Brawns
Demon: The Agony Aunt

19. Piplup:
Signature:

Black light attac!

20. mario kart:
Signature:

Raszero. Not Mario Kart.
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days is REALLY STILL NOT A SILLY NAME. Neither is RE:Coded.

21. Shaun2005:
Signature:

˙sıɥʇ ƃuıpɐǝɹ ǝɹ,noʎ ɟı spuɐɥ ɹnoʎ uo ǝɯıʇ ɥɔnɯ ooʇ ǝʌɐɥ noʎ

22. wilfer 11:
Signature:
Sig.|Tweet, Tweet|Raptr|Last FM|IDK

23. pokemaniac 212:
Signature:
Pokémon dawn demo is awesome. Try it out.
MeAmCryzor: I was tempted to say "Quick put your webcam on" when Jake went for a shower but I thought it might make me look gay XD
Jake xD: xD Shame my webcam isn't plugged in ;D

24. Splinter435:
Signature:

/noob

25. Matchi-chan:
Signature:

Princess of GNC
Please don't capitalise the honnorific it drives me nuts.
Iln: Saying bad things about SMB3 isn't allowed.
Twitter ¦ Solia (pixel nudity... sometimes)

26. Yinga Garten:
Signature:
Twitter|Last.fm
'Insomnia is my business, and business is bad.' - REfan

27. Nintencat:
Signature:
Tweep About - Forums

28. Richy B:
Signature:

GamerTag - Lethal Genius
MSN - PM me or, click the Email button below.
Hunters of the Valkyrie
Saint Aduro of the Hunters

29. Teh_Black_Mage:
Signature:

Can a matchbox? No, but a tin can!
Tehblackmage-Official black mage and certified Alchemist (I haz the pocketwatch to prove it)
Kudos to Richy B for the avatar

30. Irish_Monkey:
Signature:
The artist formely known as Irish-Monkey.
GT: Irish Mankey. PM me with yours
DFTBA
If you get that, then you are awesome
R.I.A Esther

31. greenzilla:
Signature:

[NONE]

32. chain chomp8:
Signature:

Magnify. I made a game with microscopes in it.
"Teaching a child not to step on a caterpillar is as valuable to the child as it is to the caterpillar" - Bradley Millar

33. Rai13:
Signature:

ONM's biggest Spyro Fan!
Spyro 1 Music
Spyro 3 Music
Rai13, yoshi-cute & SuperSmashSpana - Spyro Crew

34. Swixer-Swaxer:
Signature:

Demon Swixer-Sasker are go!
Swixer: The Brains
Sask: The Brawns
Demon: The Agony Aunt
For some (Not really) naughty fun:
GT: SwixSwax
PSN: SwixerShaq
Steam: SwixSwax

35. dwan25:
Signature:

The last sentence says it all
PM me for conduit, ssbb, mario kart, quatum of solace, and mario strikers charged FC's. Thanks to the awesome abilities of talesofzelda for making my scribbleatar :D
(

36. reecist:
Signature:
Last Stand in Ambrose Green
Check it out, and please comment.
Check out the work we're doing to improve the FG,A&W section.

37. Roflmaoaos:
Signature:

I rove Raszero. YushYush

38. SamuriFerret:
Signature:

It’s okay, I’m not being serious
Pokémon Dawn
Tales of Arida

39. nintengeek:
Signature:
Jake xD: I don't care, I like someone else ;)
Mastersword267: ...Nin?
Jake xD: Yes, I like Nin o_o
Mastersword267: do you "like like" him
Jake xD: Don't tell him. SSHHH! He're he comes!

40. radish head:
Signature:

SHARES IN SIGNATURE UP FOR DISCUSSION
Timmytiger7: a valuable associate
Super Xero is mine forever <3

41. Sparkle:
Signature:

A night sky full of cries, hearts filled with lies.

42. Sarctastic:
Signature:

Member of PROS

43. Chained Teapot
Signature:

Tweetar: Tumbleweedle
PSN: Gill_91
<3

A big thank you to Twi for help collection the codes.
Last edited by Minoru on 13 Nov 2010, 03:01, edited 25 times in total.
Minoru

Postby Metr01d » 31 Aug 2010, 12:50

You have a list of EVERY role in the game? That's boring :|
Super Andre: I thought Metr01d was a woman.
Cheesemonster: Wait. You're female? I thought you were a bloke. What the hell are you?!
carnivine chaos: Met is a guy?
<Kaeetayel> I think Met would give better sex than Hoyle
Metr01d

Postby Dr_HOYLE » 31 Aug 2010, 13:16

I would go as far to say that this game is almost as unbalanced as FODHUBL's 5 Mafia v 9 village v 1 Wolf game. Seriously, 11 Mafia against 26 Village with an average of 3 kills per night and the ability to gain 2 more Mafia members. This game will be over almost instantly.

Plus, with no giving out of info in death posts or claiming roles, it is impossible for the Detective to say "Ohai, I'm detective, X and Y are Mafia, Z isn't.". So, the Detective role has been rendered useless.

Well done.
"Everything has it's time and everything dies!"
Dr_HOYLE

Postby SuperMarioFan886 » 31 Aug 2010, 13:20

Yay! I'm in!

I just bought this Zangief figurine yesterday, can we have him as part of the Capcom character team?

Can ya'll follow ma blog please? Thank you <3 http://thedouglog.blogspot.com/
SuperMarioFan886

Postby Twi » 31 Aug 2010, 14:21

Metr01d wrote:You have a list of EVERY role in the game? That's boring :|

What? In fact never mind, don't bother being more specific, sorry.
Dr_HOYLE wrote:I would go as far to say that this game is almost as unbalanced as FODHUBL's 5 Mafia v 9 village v 1 Wolf game. Seriously, 11 Mafia against 26 Village with an average of 3 kills per night and the ability to gain 2 more Mafia members. This game will be over almost instantly.

Plus, with no giving out of info in death posts or claiming roles, it is impossible for the Detective to say "Ohai, I'm detective, X and Y are Mafia, Z isn't.". So, the Detective role has been rendered useless.

Well done.

Nah she'll do fine. Especially seeings as detectives should really try and only utilise their skill to aid their own clue-deciphering in the day-phase. I think if we're talking about what's boring and what isn't boring, if I were Detective, I'd find it more fun to try and pass on my findings subtly to everyone else while also trying to avoid mafia detection. Then if I wasn't Detective, I'd find it more fun if the Detective didn't just destroy the deduction and clue-solving aspect for everyone else. I bet that the situation doesn't happen though. Attempting to pick out faults in mafia game structure is tedious and unrewarding because of the versatile nature of the game, so quit it. Feel free to be a penis about it if it does go balls up, if you're one of those kinda people though.

Sig-bank half done~
____I've had the wind knocked out of me
______________________________ but never the hurricane ~Jeffrey McDaniel
Twi

Postby Metr01d » 31 Aug 2010, 14:33

Twi wrote:

Just saying in all of the 20 or so mafia games I've played, role claiming is the most essential step. Fake claims gives the mafia cover and claiming allows the village leader find who is mafia.

Without claims, how do you get the village leader? Without claims it's just a big rabble, meaning the mafia have a huge advantage, making the game boring.
Super Andre: I thought Metr01d was a woman.
Cheesemonster: Wait. You're female? I thought you were a bloke. What the hell are you?!
carnivine chaos: Met is a guy?
<Kaeetayel> I think Met would give better sex than Hoyle
Metr01d

Postby The Polygon Mage » 31 Aug 2010, 14:34

Twi wrote:Sig-bank half done~

I assume you've done mine already, (I'm igh up in the list.) I just changed my avatar, so here's the link, if you will edit that into the bank thing, please? :3

Code: Select all
http://a.imageshack.us/img409/5516/terra.gif
The Polygon Mage

Postby Dr_HOYLE » 31 Aug 2010, 14:56

Twi wrote:
Nah she'll do fine. Especially seeings as detectives should really try and only utilise their skill to aid their own clue-deciphering in the day-phase. I think if we're talking about what's boring and what isn't boring, if I were Detective, I'd find it more fun to try and pass on my findings subtly to everyone else while also trying to avoid mafia detection. Then if I wasn't Detective, I'd find it more fun if the Detective didn't just destroy the deduction and clue-solving aspect for everyone else. I bet that the situation doesn't happen though. Attempting to pick out faults in mafia game structure is tedious and unrewarding because of the versatile nature of the game, so quit it. Feel free to be a penis about it if it does go balls up, if you're one of those kinda people though.

You completely ignored my point about the fact the game is incredibly unbalanced and leaning towards a Mafia win. It'd be much more balanced just by replacing 2 of the standard Mafia goons with basic Villagers. Your Mafia to Village ratio here is about 1:2 when it should be around 1:3 or 1:4. Believe me, I know what I'm on about.
"Everything has it's time and everything dies!"
Dr_HOYLE

Postby Yinga Garten » 31 Aug 2010, 15:02

Good luck everyone. Also Hoyle, stop moaning, Min's done this before.
Yinga Garten

Postby Twi » 31 Aug 2010, 15:21

I'm liking how your game actually warrants a Critic Christening, Min. x3 Well played.

Metr01d wrote:
Twi wrote:

Just saying in all of the 20 or so mafia games I've played, role claiming is the most essential step. Fake claims gives the mafia cover and claiming allows the village leader find who is mafia.

Without claims, how do you get the village leader? Without claims it's just a big rabble, meaning the mafia have a huge advantage, making the game boring.

I think I see what you're saying. The list of roles isn't public. Anyone can falsely claim any role if they want. Roles are distributed randomly. Don't see the relationship between having a list of every role in the game and claiming though, that's not really making much sense; host should obviously have a list of every role in the game, fake claiming is irrelevant, but it's allowed.

@Hoyle: You do indeed know what you're talking about. But 11:26 =/= 1:2. You're also not taking into account the potency of the roles- especially the lack of assassin- and the difficulty of the clues, which still hasn't been revealed. I would have done things slightly differently myself, but I'm sure it'll be fine and you're being arbitrary anyway. You're risking yourself by holding yourself to that view though, I can visualise an innocent win situation with less-than-perfect game for them. Minoru isn't stupid by the way.

You should really be PMing Minoru and I have to stop falling for these discussion traps.
____I've had the wind knocked out of me
______________________________ but never the hurricane ~Jeffrey McDaniel
Twi

Postby Minoru » 31 Aug 2010, 16:03

I've made a game before and it was very close right to the end. I'm not stupid and it's in my interest to make the game even.

About the balance, as a rule, with no roles, the ratio should be 1:3, but the innocents have a lot of specials in this game.

It's worth noting that I have never played in a game where the werewolf/s don't try to pick off the mafia for strategic reasons.

The mafia have no assassin. Unless they lose a member (Sagat) they only get one kill per night. Proto Man only gives one kill in the whole game - if he even joins them.

The innocents have a vigilante, mayor, plus two detective type roles and two healers. Plus the schizophrenic, when/if found.

If it makes you happy I'll swap one maifoso for a citizen. In fact I'll do just that.

As for having the roles on display, that's how it's worked in every game I've played, and it's worked just fine. No one knows which player will have which character, so what's the problem?

And the detective? Personably I can think of nothing lamer than the detective dying any going 'Ohai! And here are everyone's roles!' As Twi said, the purpose of the detective is to subtle influence people's lynches and night kills with their knowledge .

BTW neither Hoyle nor Metroid are in the game, so why do you even care? :/
Minoru

Postby Irish_Monkey » 31 Aug 2010, 16:49

Avatar: [img]http://paulrobertson.mechafetus.com/scott_victory.gif[/img]
Sig:
The artist formely known as Irish-Monkey.
GT: Irish Mankey. PM me with yours
DFTBA
If you get that, then you are awesome
R.I.A Esther
GT: Irish Mankey
DFTBA
The Rated R Star Straight Edge Star, Irish Mankey, has arrived!
Hit my music!
PUNK WINS! PUNK WINS! PUNK WINS!
Irish_Monkey

Postby Minoru » 31 Aug 2010, 19:56

I'm going to start distributing roles now. Please bare in mind I have 43 to send so this could take a while. Please don't reply to the PM unless you have any questions concerning your role, as this will clog my inbox.

I will post again when I have sent out all of the roles, if you have not received yours when I do, just speak up.

Twi, if you could send me the rest of the sig bank ASAP, that would be appreciated ;P
Minoru

Postby Hypertech » 31 Aug 2010, 20:00

Chained Teapot's avatar changes every time you refresh the page, if you needed to know.
Escalator elevator.
Guwuh: everyone must have me sigged
Hypertech

Postby Minoru » 31 Aug 2010, 20:04

Hypertech wrote:Chained Teapot's avatar changes every time you refresh the page, if you needed to know.

Yes, he told me. It's something the other players will need to take into account too though, so thank you for saying.
Minoru

Postby Matchi-chan » 31 Aug 2010, 20:08

I just changed my avi, sorry if my old one is in the bank.

http://i812.photobucket.com/albums/zz44/AnimesMyBlog/Avatar-Lily.jpg
Twitter | dA | Formspring Sig by LS<3
Matchi-chan

Postby mastersword267 » 31 Aug 2010, 20:11

Matchi-chan wrote:I just changed my avi, sorry if my old one is in the bank.

http://i812.photobucket.com/albums/zz44/AnimesMyBlog/Avatar-Lily.jpg

They might just base clues around the avvy in the bank should you kill anyone (plz not me ;_;)

Annnnnnyway, I look forward to my role.
mastersword267

Postby demon scutter » 31 Aug 2010, 20:20

Good luck everyone.

Are we allowed to say what role we'd like? Just for conversation purposes, or would that be conisdered giving away info?
Officially "Funniest member" Ad nauseam
demon scutter

Postby mastersword267 » 31 Aug 2010, 20:22

demon scutter wrote:Good luck everyone.

Are we allowed to say what role we'd like? Just for conversation purposes, or would that be conisdered giving away info?

Not really, claiming roles is an influential part of the mafia, it keeps people guessing.

My favourite roles in a mafia game are ones where you get to kill people by YOUR choice.
mastersword267

Postby Teh_Black_Mage » 31 Aug 2010, 20:25

mastersword267 wrote:My favourite roles in a mafia game are ones where you get to kill people by YOUR choice.

It is nice to control what you are doing to the definitive point
DreadRaven13: The fact that he's a racist, sexist, homophobic catholic bigot and a jealousy-driven liar who <snip> up his life repeatedly through his own failings as an individual makes him a bad guy. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Teh_Black_Mage

Postby Minoru » 31 Aug 2010, 20:26

demon scutter wrote:Good luck everyone.

As long as it is just conversational (e.g. 'It would be fun to be werewolf.'), then yeah that's fine, as long as it doesn't give away your role - but it can hardly do that yet as only a few people have them.
Minoru

Postby Eternal Darkness » 31 Aug 2010, 20:27

Just changed my avatar to be difficult :)
[img]http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm127/Chibivampire_2008/6deab8fc.gif[/img]

-edit-
Well it's slightly too big.
ZA WARUDO!
TIME HAS STOPPED!
Eternal Darkness

Next