Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

NintendoTV's Scott Pilgrim Special now live!

Comment on site articles.

Gav geeks out with Edgar Wright on the Nintendo Channel

Head over to your Wii's Nintendo Channel now to catch the latest episode of NintendoTV, in which ONM's Gav Murphy grills Scott Pilgrim director Edgar Wright.

... read more

NintendoTV's Scott Pilgrim Special now live!

Postby imbusydoctorwho » 07 Jan 2011, 14:37

So going to watch that later. :D
This should be the best NintendoTV ever.
3DS FC: 3067-6402-2163 (please add me as I need some friends)
Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker
PSN: Crossword-Man
imbusydoctorwho

Postby tomutwit » 07 Jan 2011, 16:57

And did you ask him why the game of the film of the gamebased comic didnt come out on Wii despite the fact the film features nintendo sound effects and the comic features nintendo references? I bet you didn't.
Once a great Flipnoter. NNID tomutwit, 3DS: Tom 3D, 348025402440
tomutwit

Postby SilverLightning » 07 Jan 2011, 17:17

tomutwit wrote:And did you ask him why the game of the film of the gamebased comic didnt come out on Wii despite the fact the film features nintendo sound effects and the comic features nintendo references? I bet you didn't.

It's probably because the Wii is responsible for starting most of the large amount of crap in games today.
When life gives you lemons, get a house in Devon and drink cider from aforementioned lemons.

Last|Twit
SilverLightning

Postby GavONM » 07 Jan 2011, 17:21

tomutwit wrote:And did you ask him why the game of the film of the gamebased comic didnt come out on Wii despite the fact the film features nintendo sound effects and the comic features nintendo references? I bet you didn't.

We did ask him Tom, but unfortunately he's a FILM writer and director and doesn't have much of a say as to what console games get released on. Funnily enough.
GavONM
ONM Staff

Postby Pikmin Freak » 07 Jan 2011, 17:44

Don't get why Scott Pilgrim is the focus of a NintendoTV special, I mean, the game wasn't even released on Wii. Unless you mean the little references in the movie, and then it still shouldn't really be in something like this in my opinion. To be honest, it kinda sounds like you got the chance to interview the director of the movie so you just did it anyway.

Not really impressed by the sound of it, but I don't know, I haven't seen it and I shouldn't really be telling you what to put in your shows if I don't work for you, lol. =P
Playfire | Twitter
Last.fm | Steam
3DS FC: 0259-0307-5153 | Nintendo Network ID / PSN / Xbox Live / Skype: PKPikmin
Pikmin Freak

Postby GavONM » 07 Jan 2011, 17:48

Pikmin Freak wrote:Don't get why Scott Pilgrim is the focus of a NintendoTV special, I mean, the game wasn't even released on Wii. Unless you mean the little references in the movie, and then it still shouldn't really be in something like this in my opinion. To be honest, it kinda sounds like you got the chance to interview the director of the movie so you just did it anyway.

Not really impressed by the sound of it, but I don't know, I haven't seen it and I shouldn't really be telling you what to put in your shows if I don't work for you, lol. =P

We chose to do a Scott Pilgrim special based on the fact that it's pretty much the perfect movie for a Nintendo fan. It's full of Nintendo music, sound effects and nods to the consoles so if you're a Nintendo fan, there's pretty much no way you can not like the film.

Even though the Scott Pilgrim game was released on another console, that really doesn't matter than much as the episode is more of a celebration of the fact that a Hollywood movie is celebrating gaming and Nintendo in general.
GavONM
ONM Staff

Postby link982 » 07 Jan 2011, 17:59

Eeek want to watch!
Scott Pilgrim! <3
hello stranger
i'm a disaster
link982

Postby Waldy565 » 07 Jan 2011, 18:41

gotta get that DVD for my bday! bring on july, for summer and gifts :P
3DS Code = 4914-3785-6773 - feel free to add! :)

Loving my Wii U and it's libary!
We all wear a fake smile, and show the tears to the ones who understand, understand both the fake mask and the real face...
Waldy565

Postby Layton link » 07 Jan 2011, 19:04

I love scott pilgram.I own all the comics,love the movie and am getting the game when i get a ps3,but this is just stupid!
I thought nintendo tv was about nintendo video games,not movies!
I loved the movie and I realise that it is very nintendo based,but that does mean you can just make a episode on anything!
these videos are really going downhill
Layton link

Postby Cybermaster » 07 Jan 2011, 20:01

Layton link wrote:I love scott pilgram.I own all the comics,love the movie and am getting the game when i get a ps3,but this is just stupid!
I thought nintendo tv was about nintendo video games,not movies!
I loved the movie and I realise that it is very nintendo based,but that does mean you can just make a episode on anything!
these videos are really going downhill

You said it yourself, you love Scott Pilgrim, just apprechiate it! I loved the film and since I bought it off iTunes have been fighting myself to stop myself watching it almost every evening, and so I'll be watching with some interest next time I fire up the Nintendo Channel.
Buy. TWEWY. Now.
Cybermaster

cool

Postby chocfang » 07 Jan 2011, 21:10

Scott Pilgrim the movie was amazing! I played the game on xbox and it was really boring and dull. Going to watch Nintendo TV later.
chocfang

Postby bouncer0304 » 07 Jan 2011, 21:53

Loved this special but i have to wait until my birthday to get the DVD (have to keep saving for the 3DS!) Just out of interest, will next week's episode feature Nintendo World?
bouncer0304

Postby MrChewtoy » 08 Jan 2011, 18:53

Still need to watch this film, although if I'm honest I can't be bothered xD
Gamertag: Mister Chewtoy | Steam
Smackemlaff!
MrChewtoy

Postby Toad Rules » 08 Jan 2011, 20:28

hell yes i flipping love this film even after watching for the 12 time i stilll love btw SEX BOB-OMB rule
Toad Rules

Re: cool

Postby Fox MattCloud » 09 Jan 2011, 00:06

chocfang wrote:Scott Pilgrim the movie was amazing! I played the game on xbox and it was really boring and dull. Going to watch Nintendo TV later.
How can you say the game was boring and dull? Its like mario bros. 3 and streets of rage. Well worth 800 mp!
Fox MattCloud