Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

Best Mario Kart 7 tracks

Comment on site articles.

Chris chooses his favourites from the new racer

You may have seen yesterday's Mario Kart 7 video which revealed the Star and Leaf Cups. Last week, the Flower and Leaf Cups were also revealed in another Mario Kart 7 video. That means many of you will have already seen a good selection of tracks, including the retro and new courses.

... read more

Best Mario Kart 7 tracks

Postby KnuxIBF » 16 Nov 2011, 16:17

Looking forward to most of the Lightning Cup, especially Koopa Cape!
KnuxIBF

Best Mario Kart 7 tracks

Postby dodo14 » 16 Nov 2011, 16:17

I fought that the music level was based on a world from Mario galaxy :roll: though haven t seen lightning cup but did know about koopa kape
dodo14

Re: Best Mario Kart 7 tracks

Postby mandlecreed » 16 Nov 2011, 16:24

Looking forward to blazing around the SNES Rainbow Road again- it's about time it made an appearance. I just hope they don't make it easy by adding side rails or similar.
mandlecreed

Postby Ai64 » 16 Nov 2011, 16:34

I'm looking forward to the retro cups though for some reason. It's great to race once again on the past tracks. :)
PM me for 3DS friend code or Wii U.
Ai64

Postby ledreppe » 16 Nov 2011, 16:42

When I watched the vids the other day, a warm fuzzy feeling came over me when it showed the N64 Kalamari desert track. I'm sure I remember playing it in Super Mario Kart on my Famicom/SNES?! I'm also gald that Maple Tree circuit is back from Mario Kart Wii, the visuals and track layout are superb!
Nintendo Network ID: BigAl79
3DS Friend Code
Getting: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Rayman Legends.
Mii QR Code
Twitter
YouTube
Where Nintendo lead, others follow!
ledreppe

Postby Dalekbuster523 » 16 Nov 2011, 16:55

Wait.Rainbow road's returning?DAMN IT!I hate that Mario Kart track!It's too hard.
Dalekbuster523

Postby LordGhirahim64 » 16 Nov 2011, 17:01

There are so many... but Daisy Cruiser is in it. IT'S MY FAVOURITE MARIO KART TRACK EVVVVEEERRRR!!!! Happy about Kalamari Desert, Piranha Pipeway and Neo Bowser City. Luigi's Mansion, Airship Fortress, Koopa Cape... this is gonna be the best Mario Kart ever.
Ghirahim RULES!!!!
"Good bye, sky child. Run and play this time. But cross me again, and you're dead!"
-Ghirahim, Skyward Sword
Sig by Bowserworld
LordGhirahim64

Postby wambamjewel » 16 Nov 2011, 17:35

Watching the video happily, need for speed trailer comes on.

I'm like: "WOW! Thats a great game! Maybe a perfect racer!"
Mario Kart Vid comes on "Mario Kart... Owns need for speed any day."

And when Mario drove into the water I forgot about the new propellor system.
wambamjewel

Postby MartinIsAwesome » 16 Nov 2011, 18:02

I'm loving that now the older tracks have been fleshed out a whole lot more with new glider and underwater sections added to favourite tracks like Koopa Trooper Beach.

As for the new courses, I'm a little bit in love with the Wuhu Island ones and Neo Bowser City. They look ace.
I've got some cool video game inspired t-shirt deigns over on RedBubble, so please check them out.
Latest Design: GURU-GURU, the Windmill Man
Don't forget about my Colors! Gallery
MartinIsAwesome
ONM Moderator

Postby trumper40 » 16 Nov 2011, 18:37

I really couldn't be bothered about Mario Kart 7.....

Am I the only one?
trumper40

Postby Pokemon Luke » 16 Nov 2011, 18:47

**** The videos unavailable... :x
Pokemon Luke

Postby Shmilly » 16 Nov 2011, 19:45

I didn't realise there were checkpoint tracks as well as regular lap-based ones, so that's an interesting addition. A little disappointed they made the new Rainbow Road one of these though, since actually completing all 3 laps without falling off was half the challenge xD Nevertheless this is shaping up to be one of the best MK games so far, and if the multiplayer is as to be expected it could well best the awesome Wii version.
ビジュアル系のファン
Shmilly

Postby thenintendoer » 16 Nov 2011, 20:14

im begining to like this one large lap system more and more it takes away some of the sameness that all the mario kart games have had
thenintendoer

Postby TheAPERSON » 16 Nov 2011, 21:20

Wai wai wait... RAINBOW ROAD IS A CHECKPOINTED COURSE?!?!?!?

Should be interesting. I played a lot of start to finish courses in RAC Rally Championship on the PC so I should be used to them.
TheAPERSON

Postby Jack1123 » 18 Nov 2011, 16:57

They look so cool I cant wait for mario kart7 because I loved mario kart wii and people say this is even better so I cant wait. Oh and epic video
Here is my 3DS friend code Friend code: 4425-1622-4169
Name Jack
pm if you add me
(Please only add me if you have got nintendo letter box!)
Jack1123

Postby Riccardo » 20 Nov 2011, 13:12

Correct me if I'm wrong, but won't checkpoint-based courses kinda cripple items like banana skins and fake blocks?? :?
Currently playing:

Aliens: Infestation
Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey
FF IV (DS)
The World Ends With You
Disgaea DS
The Last Story
Xenoblade Chronicles

Riccardo

Postby yoshiller64 » 21 Nov 2011, 18:21

i realy like the choice of wii tracks (maple treeway koopa cape coconut mall and mushroom gorge) and i like the fact that they have brought the super mario karts rainbow road and if it follows the pattern wii u mario kart could have the mario kart 64 rainbow road witch generally from what ive seen and played of mario kart 64 the rainbow road for that game was realy well designed and i also like the choice of retro battle tracks ( well atleast they didnt choose twilight house :D :)
yoshiller64

Postby skyluigi » 23 Nov 2011, 18:49

Some of the retro tracks look interesting as well as the new ones.
I can't believe there's Waluigi Pinball but no Waluigi, though.
Woo hoo!
skyluigi