Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

Pokemon Dream World: Rugged Mountain

Comment on site articles.

Marti Bennett on her first visit to Rugged Mountain

This week, players of Pokemon Black and White have been given a new area to explore in Dream World. For those of you unfamiliar with Dream World, this is a place where you can play with your Pokemon online and find Pokemon with special moves and abilities. You may also find rare items that cannot be found easily in the games.

... read more

Postby Cacnea » 18 Nov 2011, 08:58

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one having difficulty drawing the symbols for the gem game. I thought it was because I was sitting on my bed and my optical mouse was struggling with the soft surface!
I'm short, round and spiky....and a part-time beach babe
Cacnea

Postby englishGAMER » 18 Nov 2011, 08:58

The Rugged Mountain sounds good.
As featured in ONM Issue 65,66,68,69,70, 71 & Issue 73. Happy Christmas & a happy 2012!
englishGAMER

Re: Pokemon Dream World: Rugged Mountain

Postby coleperry » 18 Nov 2011, 11:43

I've been playing the Dream World with both Pokemon Black and Pokemon White since Wednesday morning. In total, I've managed to land in the Rugged Mountain area twice on both games, one of which presented me with no Pokemon to befriend or items as I'd been playing a fair bit already. On the two occasions in one trip that I did get to play the Sableye game, I found that I couldn't draw anything even remotely resembling the symbols on screen and when I could, it was outside the designated area or too late. I'm told that, when using a trackpad, the trick is to hold down the button with one hand and draw with the other but placing the cursor in the box while holding with one hand and drawing with the other seems to require the nubile limbs of a Machamp. I don't know if it's just me but there must be an easier way to do this! Does anyone have any tips on speed drawing the symbols using a trackpad? I don't actually own a mouse! Lol.
coleperry

Postby Gilbert » 18 Nov 2011, 11:48

I'm gutted really, because I started playing the dream world, but gave up pretty quickly - despite the great features, it just kept crashing on me. Every. Time. Now I'm at Uni with no wireless so I can't even try again :(
Sorry for not being online much, I'm just so busy!
Gilbert

Postby PokeMarti » 18 Nov 2011, 12:20

Typical! Every area I have had this morning has been Rugged Mountain!
ONM Blogger - Twitter @martibennett
PokeMarti

Postby sciqueen » 18 Nov 2011, 15:44

The sableye game is atrocious. Whoever thought of it shouldn't be allowed to design games!
sciqueen

Postby SkaRR_oKi » 18 Nov 2011, 16:19

i have collected the banette, mamoswine and croagunk dream world giveaways and befriended them. thing is, i sold by ds in august, and im getting a 3ds next week. when i get it will i be able to use my pokemon white on it and connect to the dream world, and will all these pokemon i've befriended be on there?
3ds friend code: 1607-2234-5723 PM ME IF YOU ADD ME
i play Pokemon Pl/SS/W/W2/Y, up for trading and/or battling
I play Fire Emblem: Awakening / Ocarina of Time / Rayman Origins too
SkaRR_oKi

Postby PokeMarti » 18 Nov 2011, 23:18

SkaRR_oKi wrote:i have collected the banette, mamoswine and croagunk dream world giveaways and befriended them. thing is, i sold by ds in august, and im getting a 3ds next week. when i get it will i be able to use my pokemon white on it and connect to the dream world, and will all these pokemon i've befriended be on there?

In theory you should be able to sync your game ok (maybe not the first time as it may get funny with it being in a 3ds with a new clock for the first time) and when you wake up your pokemon everything should transfer over to entralink for you to catch.
ONM Blogger - Twitter @martibennett
PokeMarti