Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

Last Story review

Comment on site articles.

Can Sakaguchi's Last Story match his Final Fantasy?

Despite its title this is, in many ways, a first story. The Last Story presents a cast of fresh faces in mercenary Zael and his band of cohorts, a new world in the lush diversity of Lazulis Island and a clutch of innovative new game mechanics in its fascinating battle system. Despite its originality, though, this game's DNA is timeworn and at times familiar.

... read more

Last Story review

Postby 2Black4U » 23 Feb 2012, 18:32

I can't wait to play this tomorrow, I pre-ordered the limited edition 8)

... Wait if Zael has the power of "Gathering" does that make him an immortal? :shock: :wink: :mrgreen:
2Black4U

Re: Last Story review

Postby Toadmaniac2 » 23 Feb 2012, 20:26

Does the game use a duel layered disk (I think that's what they're called, unsure, the type of disk Xenoblade and Brawl use)?
Toadmaniac2

Postby imbusydoctorwho » 23 Feb 2012, 22:32

Really want to get the Limited Edition,but I doubt I'll get it.
3DS FC: 3067-6402-2163 (please add me as I need some friends)
Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker
PSN: Crossword-Man
imbusydoctorwho

Postby 2Black4U » 23 Feb 2012, 22:41

imbusydoctorwho wrote:Really want to get the Limited Edition,but I doubt I'll get it.

Try HMV, that's were I ordered mine
2Black4U

Postby mckenzielad1297 » 23 Feb 2012, 22:47

Got this yesterday so far so good just how the hell do you diffuse magic circles stuck on a boss fight because I have no idea how did i miss something
[size=200]POKEMON IS BETTER THAN LIFE [/size]
mckenzielad1297

Postby 91Yon » 24 Feb 2012, 13:46

Why is Game not selling this anymore?
91Yon

Postby toffeeman30 » 24 Feb 2012, 14:28

nice review. i hoped for a 90+ score, but the technical problems have dragged the score down a bit. but i guess its still worth it. got mine from hmv. the ltd edition might be worth something in a decade or two
toffeeman30

Postby OrangeRakoon » 24 Feb 2012, 21:09

Game apparently only had stock for people who had pre-ordered it. I picked up the limited edition today from HMV (£40 with the art book, steel book and soundtrack? Sounds good to me!)

Only played < 3 hours at the moment, but it seems really quite good. The combat system seems pretty nice and new, and the voice acting is pretty good actually, what with the British voices. Also, sidequests. Sidequests everywhere.
OrangeRakoon
ONM Moderator

Postby ACRID » 24 Feb 2012, 23:43

@OrangeRakoon

Game aren't selling it all, they cancelled and refunded all pre-orders yesterday, the day before release which is shockingly bad customer service.

Got my Limited Edition today from Amazon, well worth the extra £8, been playing for about 5 hours now just reached chapter 5, spent about 3-4 hours running around the city doing mini-quests and Arena battles, still trying to figure out how to get the chest from behind the kid on the riverside though ha ha.

Have to say I'm loving the game so far, the British accents suit the characters very well and the dialogue is quite funny.
Currently Playing: Link's Awakening DX [3DS]
ACRID

Postby OrangeRakoon » 25 Feb 2012, 01:39

That is bad from Game, it sounds like they are in a bit of trouble at the moment money-wise if they can't buy in stock.

Played some more and it is definitely holding my interest - increasing it, if anything. I know I'm going to enjoy this game.

I won't spoil anything, but the way to get the chest from behind the kid is pretty fun =D
OrangeRakoon
ONM Moderator

Postby Eternal Darkness » 25 Feb 2012, 20:12

I don't blame Game dropping it. Hardly anyone would buy it compared to the likes of what is coming out soon.
Hell I'd even bet Street Fighter X Tekken will sell more than it.
So drop a Wii game that would give them a massive loss, so they can aim to get back into the black? I'm fine with this.
ZA WARUDO!
TIME HAS STOPPED!
Eternal Darkness

Postby wilrc6 » 07 Mar 2012, 23:54

I absolutely love Zelda, but this game is so much better than Skyward Sword.

I managed to get the limited Edition set and the quality is absolutely amazing, the CD soundtrack was in its own CD case and in a box, whereas Zelda Soundtrack just got a cardboard sleeve.

Can't wait for Pandora's Tower now.
Currently Playing:
LEGO Lord of the Rings (XBox360)
New Super Mario Bros. 2 (3DS)
New Super Mario Bros. U (WiiU)
LEGO Indiana Jones (DS)
Kid Icarus Uprising (3DS)
Looney Tunes ACME Arsenal (XBox360)
wilrc6

Postby master sword » 28 Mar 2012, 19:23

Eternal Darkness wrote:I don't blame Game dropping it. Hardly anyone would buy it compared to the likes of what is coming out soon.
Hell I'd even bet Street Fighter X Tekken will sell more than it.
So drop a Wii game that would give them a massive loss, so they can aim to get back into the black? I'm fine with this.

Actually my local game store didn't even have copies of 'streetfighterxtekken' and due to their current state they haven't gotten any new games from the past two months, local shops and other smaller game stores are your best bet

oh and props on the avi, always nice to see another fellow Katawa Shoujo fan ^^
i will fight for:
. good reviews
. the next ONM mag
. smash bros on the 3DS
. pikmin 3
. the last bowl of pasta
master sword

Postby garsh303 » 12 Apr 2012, 15:32

Seeing Pandora's Tower's review, this is now the last great Wii 'campaign' game (because the next supposed great game for the Wii will probably be it's last best, but it's the online Dragon Quest X)
garsh303