Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

Sakaguchi: Why I rejected Uematsu's music for The Last Story

Comment on site articles.

Final Fantasy creator compares their relationship to a marriage

Hironobu Sakaguchi has been working with videogame composer Nobuo Uematsu for over 25 years but as The Last Story director told ONM, he was worried about their relationship after rejecting three pieces of music for the new Wii RPG.

... read more

Sakaguchi: Why I rejected Uematsu's music for The Last Story

Postby mathewd3 » 24 Feb 2012, 16:55

Very interesting. The music sounds great for this game! :D
Also interesting for me as VG composition is what I'd like to progress to do in the future :)
Back after a long term break ;)
mathewd3

Re: Sakaguchi: Why I rejected Uematsu's music for The Last S

Postby TaskOfMajora » 24 Feb 2012, 19:21

...Anytime soon they'll both file for divorce (at this rate)...and then we'll hear Uematsu say "I'm keeping the cat, and the cd's...My mother was right about you!"
TaskOfMajora

Re: Sakaguchi: Why I rejected Uematsu's music for The Last S

Postby master sword » 28 Mar 2012, 18:57

makes me quite curious what the three rejected songs sounded like... oh well, the soundtrack is spectacular enough as it is :D
i will fight for:
. good reviews
. the next ONM mag
. smash bros on the 3DS
. pikmin 3
. the last bowl of pasta
master sword