Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

Okami is as beautiful as Wind Waker

Comment on site articles.

My favourite game: DarkBladeXIII rates Capcom's breathtaking adventure

Okami begins with a breathtaking introduction of beautiful Japanese artwork. That and a curious noise that I soon found out represented speech. When the artwork had faded I was greeted by another spectacle of cel-shaded artistry to rival Wind Waker.

... read more

Okami is as beautiful as Wind Waker

Postby IG-42 » 25 Feb 2012, 19:01

i wouldn't call the reflector waggle simple. to use it efficiently you have to learn good timing also okami's art beats wind waker hands down
chimchar is a monkey with it's ass on fire turtwig is better
IG-42

Re: Okami is as beautiful as Wind Waker

Postby Fidu » 25 Feb 2012, 19:10

While Okami is a gorgeous game, I still prefer The Wind Waker's beautiful cartoony simplicity over Okami's art style.
Fidu

Postby Eternal Darkness » 25 Feb 2012, 19:23

Horrid waggle and lack of credits made Okami on Wii not as good as it's PS2 counterpart. Just hoping capcom sees sense and make a HD remake for the PS3. But you know, this is Capcom.
ZA WARUDO!
TIME HAS STOPPED!
Eternal Darkness

Postby Shmilly » 25 Feb 2012, 19:52

This is one of my favourite games of all time, hands down. I'm glad other people see it that way!
ビジュアル系のファン
Shmilly

Postby colourblindyoshi » 25 Feb 2012, 22:41

not reallly comparable. equal, but different.

both beast games though
colourblindyoshi

Postby linkfinity » 26 Feb 2012, 03:17

Eternal Darkness wrote:Just hoping capcom sees sense and make a HD remake for the PS3. But you know, this is Capcom.

really? when the wii u should have better graphics and a TOUCH SCREEN!
the wii u is a console built for okami.
linkfinity

Postby Religion0 » 26 Feb 2012, 08:49

My first thought reading the headline was: "No s**t, Sherlock."
Okami is an astoundingly beautiful game. Every single time I restored a Guardian Sapling to life and that beautiful cut-scene played... My heart clenched at the beauty of it. It's also a wonderful story, and is filled with wonderful characters. Yes, Issun is pretty much worthless, but he's funny! As is Ammy, who'd have thought a wolf could make facial expressions like that?
And the art style is just... It's so soft. You can easily look at it without fear of poking your eyes out, and the Japanese art style is simply... It's transcendent. I really can't imagine any other style for this game.
Religion0

Postby DarkBladeXIII » 26 Feb 2012, 11:49

lol i honestly wasnt expecting it to be put on the homepage, but hey im not complaining, maybe ill do one for skyward sword...
DarkBladeXIII

Postby Laytonfan1 » 26 Feb 2012, 14:34

I think Okami is one of the most beautiful games ever,you can really tell the developers loved creating this game :D
Check out my deviantArt page here http://abberz1.deviantart.com/gallery/
Laytonfan1

Postby Dan-the-Wii-man » 26 Feb 2012, 18:44

They NEED to bring a sequel (well another one) to the Wii U! The HD and tablet controls would be PERFECT :3
Playing Zombi U and Nintendo Land and saving to buy Paper Mario. NNID SingSongDan :D
Dan-the-Wii-man

Postby sciqueen » 27 Feb 2012, 00:26

I would love a sequel on Wii U made by the original studio team!
sciqueen

Postby angesthebull » 27 Feb 2012, 16:14

Great shout - I think Okami is stunning, gorgeous, beautiful and many other superlatives (but Zelda plays much better). Also I loved Issun but find the combat underwhelming!

This would seem a good time to plug my Ametarasu tattoo (again), too: :wink:

http://www.checkoutmyink.com/tattoos/an ... nal/zoomed
angesthebull

Postby BobbilyWobbily » 28 Feb 2012, 12:51

What I want are remastered versions of both okami and okamiden on the Wii u, with a sequel as well - kind of like the metal gear HD collection...I was playing this last night, and am on the bit where Amaterasu and Susano fight Orochi for the first time (about 12 hours in). Its an absolubetly wonderful game.
I just realized that I lack the Imagination to make an amusing comment in my signature.
BobbilyWobbily