Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

Eternal Darkness 2 is possible - Silicon Knights

Comment on site articles.

Would you like Eternal Darkness 2 for Wii U?

Eternal Darkness, the creepy psychological horror game from Silicon Knights was released in 2002. Now, as the much-loved game approaches its tenth anniversary, Silicon Knights chief Denis Dyack has said that Eternal Darkness 2 would be possible.

... read more

Eternal Darkness 2 is possible - Silicon Knights

Postby Tobeh » 08 Mar 2012, 11:32

That would be so awesome! I loved Eternal Darkness. It's truly unique in some ways. It's the only game I've played that convinces me my game file is corrupt just to mess with my head!

Big T
My Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/TTstudioFilms

Wanna be friends? message me!

Good things!
Tobeh

Re: Eternal Darkness 2 is possible - Silicon Knights

Postby MartinIsAwesome » 08 Mar 2012, 11:53

Thanks to Chris's big giveaway late last year I'm currently playing Eternal Darkness now!
Its started off fine and I didn't find it scary at all... until just after chapter 3 when the noises start in the mansion and you first check out the second floor. It probably dosesn't help that I'm playing it just before my bedtime at night on my own with the lights off.
I'll wait until I'm finished before I decide that I want another one.
Please check out my video game inspired t-shirt deigns over on RedBubble!
Featured Designs: Ys - Adol | Luigi - Ridin' Dirty | Another MOTHER - Ness & Lucas (variations available)
MartinIsAwesome
ONM Moderator

Postby zwii01 » 08 Mar 2012, 11:54

I really hope this happens! I played through the first game and loved it (I have yet to find similar gameplay in other games!), but I thought there were a few things that were stopping it from being the best it could be. So with a new platform and a few tweaks Eternal Darkness 2 could be an incredible game and a definite purchase!
Playing: Monster Hunter Tri, Xenoblade Chronicles, Red Steel 2, Mario Galaxy 1+2, Perfect Dark.
zwii01

Postby ACRID » 08 Mar 2012, 11:55

Make it so.
Currently Playing: Link's Awakening DX [3DS]
ACRID

Postby danbish » 08 Mar 2012, 12:28

Absolutley I would! Eternal Darkness is a fantastic game and I'd love to see a follow up to it!
3DS: 0920-1615-5762. NNID: TheFatPlumber. PM me if you add me & I'll add you back.
Yes I am a Nintendo fanboy, no I don't care. Dorkly
danbish

Postby Dean Thompson » 08 Mar 2012, 12:41

What do you mean 'were you'?! I still am an ED fan.
Officially The Midlands Best Nintendo Gamer 2009 (Britain's Best Nintendo Gamer Finalist 2009), PKMN VGC 2011 Top 32/512 Masters Division.
Dean Thompson

Postby thecoop » 08 Mar 2012, 13:12

Do it now do it now do it now. Put it out on Wii U and make use of it's unique features.
thecoop

Postby jaco_p » 08 Mar 2012, 13:26

played it through 3 times to get the special ending :-) love this game, brilliant atmosphere and insanity effects are awesome
i've met mario!!XD twice!
pm me someone please for wario diy, MH3, mariokart wii, brawl, etc i've got loadsa online games doing nuffin!
check out my registered games :-) http://www.nintendo-europe.com/user/jaco_pastorius
jaco_p

Postby ninjafox » 08 Mar 2012, 14:47

I would love an Eternal Darkness 2 to be released as the original was great with some truly terrifying moments when your Sanity meter got low. The music was truly creepy as well and MartinIsAwesome i know what you mean about the noises in the mansion! I can only imagine what Silicon Knights could achieve on a modern console.

Now i have read this article i will be playing Eternal Darkness tonight to remind myself how great the game is and for anyone who has not played it and likes horror games i would thoughly reccomend picking it up.
ninjafox

Postby Oxo64 » 08 Mar 2012, 16:08

I'm gutted I missed out on the original. I'd still love to see a sequel though.
Oxo64

Postby j bean » 08 Mar 2012, 16:58

The original game was one of my favourites on the gamecube. I would love to see them make a sequel. Even the missus was a big fan of the first game and solitaire is normally the extent of her gaming habits!
j bean

Postby Pappi » 08 Mar 2012, 18:19

I'd march up to the counter and vomit up money. I would buy a WIIU for this, in all seriousness.
[b]I'm a LADDDEEEHHHH.[/b]
Pappi

Postby RedBearLuX » 08 Mar 2012, 19:12

Quite simply. Yes please. :)
RedBearLuX

Postby boxlink » 08 Mar 2012, 19:16

Hell Yeah Eternal Darkness 2 great move (HardCore).
boxlink

Postby shroomer » 08 Mar 2012, 22:46

Has to be one of the best produced third party titles ever, I'll never forget rushing over to turn the game off when the screen went black with a message saying "save file corrupt deleting saves files".
Also some of the best mind bending in game tricks I've ever seen.

Wouldn't mind getting this game again, a Wiiu version would be excellent. :lol:
shroomer

Postby Pappi » 13 Mar 2012, 17:53

Probably one of my fave games, period.
[b]I'm a LADDDEEEHHHH.[/b]
Pappi

Postby AlanWeird » 13 Mar 2012, 19:10

Oh... gamecube...

I still have my copy of NOM (That's NOM, not this ONM silliness) where eternal darkness was on the cover. There's a period in time where I had no playstations. I had no xboxes. I was fiercely loyal to Nintendo with the PS2 and Gamecube. I bought NOM weekly. I may never have been hyped for this game without that magazine!

The resident evil remake/zero/4 and this were undoubtedly the best horror based games I have ever had the luck of playing. Yes I've played the fatal frames/project zeros and silent hills (I didn't like the silent hill games AT ALL) but damn, this game really kicked some bummocks.

Silicon knights haven't really... done alot. They're like Rare in that aspect. They spend far too long working on games that come out and are inevitably crap. Yes... I also read so many previews of Too Human for so many years in Nintendo mags that I bought it when it hit the 360. it stunk. as did xmen destiny. I don't think they'd fail with a new Eternal Darkness, so I'm all for this.

(I bought a 360 incredibly early for Kameo. You have no idea how much Rare meant to us late 90's early 00s Ninty fans. It sickens me when I think of what they are and all they've had cancelled now... for wii sports imitations.)
AlanWeird

Postby nintendorule » 16 Mar 2012, 13:43

This needs to happen : )
nintendorule

Postby ljay26 » 17 May 2012, 01:40

I just signed up to this site so I could write this on the wall. Please make eternal darkness 2, the first one was a really great game, a few in the horror list to scare me silly and I have to admit I peed my pants playing it.

If it comes out on the Wii U, I'M pre-ordering that!
ljay26