Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

Just Dance 4 Wii review

Comment on site articles.

You've been asked four times now, it'd almost be rude not to

You know the bit in a generic cop drama where the hard-bitten inspector (you know the type: bald, angry, probably called 'Bootpunch', or something) stares the perp out over a bolted-down interview table and explains the facts? You know, spreads out the contents of a manila file, points threateningly at a grisly photo, maybe bellows a bit? That's this Just Dance 4 review. Imagine ONM with a trenchcoat on. Now you know we're serious.

... read more

Just Dance 4 Wii review

Postby MrGooseyMoose » 02 Oct 2012, 11:59

Nice review, made me smile. Shame the game won't do the same...
'I pity you, you just don't get it at all...there isn't a thing i don't cherish!' - Cloud
MrGooseyMoose

Re: Just Dance 4 Wii review

Postby imbusydoctorwho » 02 Oct 2012, 13:55

I wouldn't mind picking this up,looks like a fun series,but I've never got round to buying one.
3DS FC: 3067-6402-2163 (please add me as I need some friends)
Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker
PSN: Crossword-Man
imbusydoctorwho

Postby mushroomchow » 02 Oct 2012, 14:57

Well considering i'm doomed to eventually have to play it at a party of some sort, it's heartening to know from the screenshot that i can drunkenly flail around to Rock Lobster. With an actual lobster/Fred Schneider/Fonzie hybrid throwing shapes on the screen.

That track's inclusion instantly makes this the best Just Dance ever. Granted, that's like saying the presence of corn made my latest poop the best ever, but it'll do for me.
So I have a blog now. Go read it, I'll get you a cuppa if you do.
3DS FC - 5241-1896-0199 - Jake - PM me yours and let's play Animal Crossing New Leaf! :D
mushroomchow

Postby Xenobladeperson » 02 Oct 2012, 17:12

70%? That's a little high for Just Dance, Joe.
Nintendo Ninja wrote:Never fear everything can be resolved by a large amount of violence
Xenobladeperson

Postby thecoolmana777 » 02 Oct 2012, 21:55

Probably gonna pick up the WiiU version but good score, I've always enjoyed the Just Dance games and hopefully there will be some good songs to download until the inevitable Just Dance 5 comes out :)
Have an awesome day :D
3DS FC- 3394-3533-6027, NNID-Thecoolmana777 PM me
thecoolmana777

Postby Loopydoodle » 03 Oct 2012, 22:28

Totally only saying the score system is unrealistic because they can't dance :wink: :lol: :P
Loopydoodle

Postby OXM Joe » 05 Oct 2012, 11:21

Xenobladeperson wrote:70%? That's a little high for Just Dance, Joe.

I feel like I made my point fairly clear in the review, it's a good game on its own merits, but it's certainly not for everyone (including me).

Loopydoodle wrote:Totally only saying the score system is unrealistic because they can't dance :wink: :lol: :P

Loopy, allow me to point you to a video I helped make for our Xbox sister publication. I'm on the left: http://youtu.be/8lSoupuFkLg NOW tell me I can't dance (actually don't, because I know it's true)
OXM Joe

Postby Xenobladeperson » 06 Oct 2012, 23:31

JoeONM wrote:
Xenobladeperson wrote:70%? That's a little high for Just Dance, Joe.

I feel like I made my point fairly clear in the review, it's a good game on its own merits, but it's certainly not for everyone (including me).

No, the original was a good game. Every game following that is nothing more than a DLC package passed off as a full retail game.
Nintendo Ninja wrote:Never fear everything can be resolved by a large amount of violence
Xenobladeperson

Postby OXM Joe » 08 Oct 2012, 11:27

Xenobladeperson wrote:No, the original was a good game. Every game following that is nothing more than a DLC package passed off as a full retail game.

I see your point, but for me it's about intention and expectation. In a series that leads consumers to believe it's offering a true sequel, a rehash is a serious issue. In a series like Just Dance (or, in fact, almost all music-based series), this is exactly what consumers expect - the people buying Just Dance 4 are extremely unlikely to believe that they're buying something groundbreaking.
OXM Joe

Postby TheMasterSword12 » 11 Oct 2012, 16:03

The first one was bad and so are all the rest. That was my first post.
I am Dark Link/Dark Pit/Dark Samus
TheMasterSword12

Postby Sex Bob-omb » 29 Oct 2012, 16:07

Seriously who buys these games
Sex Bob-omb

Postby SM3DL2 » 09 Nov 2012, 01:08

Why didn't they do just one Just Dance and you have the option of paying for more songs? Like all the Just Dance's rolled into one?

me personally, I have Just Dance 2. It's quite funny watching other people trying to dance. :D
SM3DL2

Postby MissAliss » 11 Nov 2012, 15:40

its one of those series of games that if you bought one you have to buy them all
MissAliss

Postby mav » 10 Apr 2014, 10:34

The Just Dance games are a giggle, my daughters love them and after enough beers friends and I play them too, sadly it is me and my drunken friends that have the highest scores...........
Wii U Want list.

Mario 3D World, Rayman Legends, LoZ WW, Deus Ex, Need for Speed, CoD, Assassins Creed 3 & 4, Darksiders, Batman AE, Child of Light, New Super Mario Bros, Donkey Kong TF, LEGO Marvel, ZombiU, Wonderful 101, Resident Evil, Fifa.
mav