Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

50 reasons why you need to buy a Wii U

Comment on site articles.

We countdown to launch day with our essential guide to everything that's great about Nintendo's new console

Wii U is here!. We began giving you 50 reasons to buy a Wii U back in October when there were 50 days to go (at the time of writing) until launch day. As we counted count down to the launch day, we'll revealed a new reason every day and if you've stuck with us, we're sure you'll be left in no doubt as to whether you should buy a Wii U console.

... read more

Postby MartinIsAwesome » 12 Oct 2012, 14:08

It makes sence that this is the first reason given since it was one of the first things revealed about the new console - and still one of my favourites.
Still, 50 reasons... I not sure I can think of that many. Probably why you're the journalist and not me. Are they all going to be added to this article or will new ones be made?

Also, props on the Great British Bake Off. Not even Theatrhythm can tear me away from the high drama that is finding out whether or not a pie has a "soggy bottom".
Last edited by MartinIsAwesome on 12 Oct 2012, 22:27, edited 1 time in total.
I've got some cool video game inspired t-shirt deigns over on RedBubble, so please check them out.
Latest Design: GURU-GURU, the Windmill Man
Don't forget about my Colors! Gallery
MartinIsAwesome
ONM Moderator

Postby 5OUNDWAVE » 12 Oct 2012, 14:08

i don't need a reason never mind 50
5OUNDWAVE

Re: 50 reasons why you need to buy a Wii U

Postby tomonm » 12 Oct 2012, 14:34

Martin, yes they will be added to this feature. I have 42 reasons so far! Hopefully more will be announced as we build up to launch. Oh, and James for Bake Off!
tomonm
ONM Staff

Postby laurennintendo » 12 Oct 2012, 14:45

The WiiU console looks amazing im gonna get one thanks ONM :D
laurennintendo

Postby TheMasterSword12 » 12 Oct 2012, 15:44

Bake off is awesome and so is the Wii u
I am Dark Link/Dark Pit/Dark Samus
TheMasterSword12

Postby higgins78 » 12 Oct 2012, 16:17

I only need 1 reason, that being the reason I have purchased every major Nintendo console at launch since the SNES...exclusives! Sure, it may take what feels like an eternity before a new Mario, Metroid or Zelda appears, but when they do we get treat to some of the greatest experiences available on a games console. My mind is already a million miles a second, working out how Nintendo will top Galaxy, Prime and Skyward Sword...
higgins78

Postby tohaker » 12 Oct 2012, 16:26

There's a cash machine near me that ONLY dispenses fivers. 8)
tohaker

Postby tomonm » 12 Oct 2012, 16:30

Really? No way! I remember when I was a student, I would get a fiver out for a night out. That's when it cost £1 a pint in the Student's Union for a Newcastle Brown Ale. I know. I sound very old.
tomonm
ONM Staff

Postby Riverlution » 12 Oct 2012, 19:21

I buy Nintendo consoles mainly because I know its the only place I'll get Pokemon, Zelda, Mario, Pikmin, Starfox and Metroid games. Nintendo first party games are always my favourite.

Obviously, the Wii U also looks like an amazingly fun piece of kit too! I think playing games off the TV is my favourite feature so far!
Riverlution

Postby wghtmf » 12 Oct 2012, 19:50

This could be a good article but please, please don't make 50 pages.
'Don't question game logic, or the universe will implode.' ~ PkGam, YouTube
wghtmf

Postby CraigEmberson » 12 Oct 2012, 20:02

I'm only counting 1 reason... Only 1 page :S
Craig-E
CraigEmberson

Postby LavaTwilight » 13 Oct 2012, 10:29

Why not 50pages? I don't know about anyone else but I've been coming back to this site almost daily to see what news is available for the wiiU since E3 this year. Thanks Tom, this will get me reason to come back every day. The biggest reasons I'll be getting the Wii U is the Wii U Fit for my wife and Pikmin for me! :roll:
LavaTwilight

Postby K-tet » 13 Oct 2012, 12:23

tomonm wrote:Really? No way! I remember when I was a student, I would get a fiver out for a night out. That's when it cost £1 a pint in the Student's Union for a Newcastle Brown Ale. I know. I sound very old.

Actually there's a cashpoint at my old Uni where they dispensed £5 notes. Always went there whilst I was studying.

Also £1 for a Newcastle Brown Ale? Envious! Couldn't get drinks that cheap when I was studying (cost double actually), and it costs £2.85 for a bottle at the nearest convenience store.

But on the topic of these 50 reasons, I only need the one: It's a new piece of gadgetry, and if you're a bloke, you love your gadgets. Simple really!
K-tet

Postby Night0fCore » 13 Oct 2012, 15:19

Uhm, don't pause Top Gear plz lol
Night0fCore

Postby TheMasterSword12 » 13 Oct 2012, 17:21

I don't need 50 reasons I need a Wii U
I am Dark Link/Dark Pit/Dark Samus
TheMasterSword12

Postby ThePokekid78 » 13 Oct 2012, 18:01

You should redo this article, call it '1 reason to buy a Wii U':

Because it's Nintendo.
My Youtube career kinda ended, so...I really have nothing to put here anymore...
ThePokekid78

Postby higgins78 » 14 Oct 2012, 11:35

I'm looking forward to trying Mario Chase as part of the Nintendo Land bundle I shall be hopefully receiving with my console (at launch) but I'll be honest...its not I think a reason you NEED to buy a WiiU. The main reasons will as always be Nintendo's innovation with its "killer" exclusives, gameplay which makes you actually happy AND those devs, those brilliant, brilliant devs!
higgins78

Postby higgins78 » 14 Oct 2012, 11:36

ThePokekid78 wrote:You should redo this article, call it '1 reason to buy a Wii U':

Because it's Nintendo.

This basically, summed up perfectly.
higgins78

Postby HyrulianToad » 14 Oct 2012, 17:05

At launch I actually think zombiu might stand a chance of beating nsmbu . I'm probably wrong but we'll see.
HyrulianToad

Postby nintenu » 15 Oct 2012, 13:43

Why the heck do you need a reason or 50 reasons to buy something?? like a Wii U …if you want to buy it, do …if not, don’t?? ...It’s really that simple?? ...you don’t need someone else to tell you what to buy, and what not to buy??
NintenU One Game at a Time!
Be a part of it ...Join the Staff!
nintenu

Postby tomonm » 15 Oct 2012, 13:57

So have you never bought a game based on a positive review or a recommendation from a friend?
tomonm
ONM Staff

Postby aerosmith20 » 15 Oct 2012, 14:46

I want them to implement Asymmetric gaming online! Because I don't have 5 people able to come round my house all the time! If they figure this out it would be awesome!
aerosmith20

Postby King-BOOm » 15 Oct 2012, 21:10

Spot the deliberate mistake:

Then you've got Nintendo Land, the ultimate assymetric game, in which games from Luigi's Ghost Mansion to Mario Chase and Pikmin Adventure all give the GamePad player a different experience to the player on the GamePad.

:)
King of explosions. And scaring people.
King-BOOm

Postby kevws77 » 15 Oct 2012, 22:45

Only 1 reason for me - Nintendo have never disappointed me with their consoles or their first party games. I even adored my Gamecube.
kevws77

Postby Abe hikura » 16 Oct 2012, 08:57

I hope we get more games with local multiplayer that other consoles don't. Thinks like racing games and shooters with player on pad and player on tv are worth buying the machine alone for.

Let alone for the asymmetric multiplayer, Nintendo first party games and monster hunter, multi controller support Looking forward to an pads vs remotes black ops match. (Do we know how if that'll support five player local yet)
Abe hikura

Next