Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

FIFA 13 on the Wii U GamePad: Hit or miss?

Comment on site articles.

We test out the GamePad modes to see if they work

If you've played FIFA 12 (not the Wii version!) , you should already know that FIFA 13 Wii U plays a great game of football. Yet even though it doesn't feature the latest Xbox 360 and PS3 updates such as the first-touch control system, FIFA 13 Wii U is still the best football game on a Nintendo console ever.

... read more

FIFA 13 on the Wii U GamePad: Hit or miss?

Postby 5OUNDWAVE » 23 Oct 2012, 19:08

the free kick feature is the best 1 , the rest suck , give me a normal controller any-day of the week , i prefer it if ur pass's and shot's don't alway's go where u want them 2 , the touch screen shooting and passing it's just another form of cheating to me , plus fifa's all style and no substance , next year pro evo will reclaim it's crown with it's newly revamped game engine , it lost this generation's war but will win the next , plus ea have paid stupid amount's of money for team licence's , buying the competition me think's , rant over
5OUNDWAVE

Re: FIFA 13 on the Wii U GamePad: Hit or miss?

Postby Philip Jonesy » 24 Oct 2012, 11:27

Can't waite for this game :D it sounds really good. I will be geting this on launch Day now thanks ONM.
Philip Jonesy

Postby andrea987 » 24 Oct 2012, 12:23

Will be buying this for sure.
andrea987

Postby KairiZero » 24 Oct 2012, 12:53

This version seems to be shaping up rather nicely! Quite like the idea of placing shots with the gamepad, although I do hope it won't make it too easy to score, because the other core console versions of fifa 13 are quite solid in that respect!!!

As wolves among sheep we wander
KairiZero

Postby HRHwiiboy101 » 25 Oct 2012, 19:13

RIGHT BEFORE I START MY RANT IL SAY THIS I UNDERSTAND WHAT YOUR POINT IS BUT IF YOU THINK THIS IS NEXT GEN FOOTBALL TAKE ANOTHER LOOK AT Wii !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :roll: :roll:

yes i get the EA sports gay games on wii point,, i get the DUMB support anger,, but what im about to say is 100% fact based AND IL PROVE IT !!!!!NOT FANNING PES ONLINE/NOT FANNING THE PS2 GRAPHICS/ IM NOT SAYING THAT WHAT IM SAYING IS THIS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

only wii has a next gen football game and thats a FACT :mrgreen:

when you play fifa or pes on x360 or ps3 you are playing the same out dated mechanics and build as say ISS64 football game ON N64 or fifa on ps1 or ps2 its the same 3 gen old even 4/5 gen old FOOTBALL VIDEOGAME CONCEPT... its not next gen just because the graphics got better, and the tv show like presentation the game its self the core gaming mechanics are older than my eldest son HIS 21 BY THE WAY

when i play pes wii or anyone else on this earth for that matter, what do they have before them a game that SOOOOOOO REVOLUTIONIZES videogame football that i simply look side ways at HERP DERPS and there fifa or pes on x360 and ps3

to even for a mili second to think thats CORE GAMING or NEXT GEN is beyond HERP DERP

in wii PES you control the whole team in RTS meets traditional control set up that is so far advanced against fifa or pes on x360 and ps3 to even consider playing them i find HORRENDOUSLY DERP :roll: :roll:

im controlling 11 players at the same time in real time on wii with PLAYMAKER CONTROLS not one guy at a tiome like iss 64 was YEARS AGO as nintendo fans surly you see this if you dont then im scared because i just found out other nintendo fans are in fact DERPS like the ps3 AND x360 fan farts

there simply is no comparing between football on ps3 and x360 and pes wii wii pes is light years ahead end of argument

control 11 players in highly advanced ways VS control 1 at a time like ps1 was HOLD ON A SECOND ARE YOU NOT SEEING MY POINT

il await pes wiiu as they will build to the wii remote and nunchuck and also the gamepad screen not the old azz way of n64 ps1 like football witch x360 and ps3 are still stuck with too this day IT AINT NEXT GEN ITS REPEATING THE SAME OUT DATED NONSENSE AS EVERY SINGLE YEAR

the level of advanced play in pes wii is of the flaming chart compared to DUMBED DOWN CASUAL FIFA thats what fifa is CASUAL FOOTBALL FOR CASUAL THINKING GAMERS

pes wii is highly advanced and skilled play FOR REAL GAMERS theres simply no contest when i play pes /fifa on ps3 its like im playing a ps1 game in HD someone please explain why anhy inteligent person would even do that :roll: :roll: :wink:
HRHwiiboy101

Postby Lew3107 » 26 Oct 2012, 10:49

^Your point makes absolutely no sense. And I can't take you seriously when you're constantly writing "HERP DERP" and capitalizing words for no reason. And your real gamers point? Who decides what "real gamers" play? In fact, define a real gamer and what games they play, because for all this time I stupidly thought that people had different opinions on what games they like. You're so horribly wrong if you think that PES on Wii is the only next generation football game, because that, like FIFA, barely changed with each game. Now on the 360/PS3, FIFA and PES games don't feel like their predecessors. FIFA 10 is completely different to FIFA 12, and PES 2008 is nothing like PES 2011. Your point is not 100% fact, I'm not even sure if that hits 20%.
I don't know whether you're being serious or not, but I hope that post was a joke. If not, you're coming off as close-minded. It just seems like you don't want to admit that the Wii was the worst home console for football games this generation. Face the facts sir, it was by a country mile.
Anyway, I'll be getting this for 360. It's missing too many important features for me to get it on the Wii U. Maybe I'll pick up FIFA 14 if everything is how it should be.
Nintendo Network ID: Lew3107
Lew3107

Postby HRHwiiboy101 » 26 Oct 2012, 15:37

control 11 with rts pointer mouse and traditional analog and buttons IN REAL TIME

or pess buttons and analog a single player at a time SO 11 X MORE PLAY dont make sense lol at trying to defend OUT DATED GAMING

the dribble system on wii via the pointer utterly destroys the standard run and dribble the abilty to control bring into play any player on the pitch IN REAL TIME the ability to set up pass and move into 2 3 4 passes ahead UTTERLY DESTROYS THE 1 PLAYER AT A TIME NONSENSE ON PS3 AND X360

the playmaker run and make space systems the ability to run and sprint then instantly ho into the advanced dribble mode via the wi remote pointer is a god sent

the ability to point and drag any player in the team at any time in real time is amazing the ability to drag into play as many players as you like then pass the ball on or long ball it and who evers closest automatically comes live and becomes the controlled player as he approaches the ball the advanced free kick and set pease systems THAT NEED SERIOUS IMPROVEMENT

the only people against this ARE DUMMY GAMERS WHO CANNOT ADJUST TO WII CONTROLS DUMBED DOWN HARD CORES WHO WANT PS1 FOOTBALL FOREVER THATS DUMB ED DOWN GAMING FULL STOP

its like fps the only people against wii remote and nunchcuk are THOSE TO STUPID TO LEARN IT

fps on a twin stick IS CASUAL DUMED DOWN AUTO ASSIST GAMING same applys to football wii rempote and chuck destroys it ENGINEERING FACT PHYSICS FACT RTS FACT

lol at bash a button and twiddle a stick MAKES YOU A CORE GAMER pes wii has gameplay and interaction and team control LIGHT YEARS A HEAD OF BASH A BUTTON LOL
HRHwiiboy101

Postby robbiebob » 26 Oct 2012, 21:42

Well, loss of modes surprising and disappointing I was expecting it to be top notch to the other format versions however the free kick and penalty system is incredible to me it makes up for the loss of content. The graphic look gorgeous !!!!!!!!!!
robbiebob

Postby 1steagle » 28 Oct 2012, 08:55

woudnt your neck get sore with all the down up down up :?:
dont hate the player hate the game (but not inazuma eleven)
1steagle

Postby KairiZero » 01 Nov 2012, 13:51

You do realise your lack of punctuation and over-reliance on capital letters is proving how much of an idiot you are. None of your posts made any sense, and if you honestly think the Wii versions of the football games (I think thats what you're trying to claim, I had trouble deciphering) were superior editions of them, then you must have been dropped on your head as a baby. You can turn all the assist features off anyway, so it does require precision regardless of whatever platform you're playing the game on.

......Seriously....where do these mongoloids come from?

As wolves among sheep we wander
KairiZero

Postby pokemaniac 212 » 01 Nov 2012, 14:48

@HRHwiiboy, if you want to be taken seriously as a member, please stop abusing caps lock, and repeating phrases like "herp derp", and preferably post in a way which makes sense. Clearly the post here was intended to be trolling, which isn't accepted on this forum, so I would suggest that you stop trolling unless you wish your stay on these forums to be a very short one.
LGonm: poke you're so [removed] liberal
pokemaniac 212
ONM Moderator

Postby GuitarHero » 01 Nov 2012, 15:45

Fifa 13 on Wii U is an inferior version of Fifa 13 to other console versions (bar the Wii). Lacks Ultimate Team, lacks update to established features, lacks new features (i.e. First Touch System).
GuitarHero

Postby andrea987 » 09 Nov 2012, 00:53

GuitarHero wrote:Fifa 13 on Wii U is an inferior version of Fifa 13 to other console versions (bar the Wii). Lacks Ultimate Team, lacks update to established features, lacks new features (i.e. First Touch System).

It does have other features that ps/360 are lacking though, better graphic and less glitches, as it will be basically the 12 engine with updated kits. For once they're making an effort on a Nintendo console, it's also a launch game (tight on time, then), let's cut them some slack, lol!
andrea987

Postby Luke Hayes » 18 Jan 2013, 10:29

It would be a hit.
Luke Hayes