Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

Assassin's Creed 3 Wii U - how the GamePad improves Ubisoft'

Comment on site articles.

There couldn't be a better time to join the creed

If you are not already convinced that Ubisoft's first hidden-blade-wielding outing on Nintendo is going to be spectacular - a clue: we are - then this will send you dashing straight to your Christmas list, pen in hand. Assassin's Creed 3 Wii U shows off exactly what the console is capable of as it whisks you back to the 18th century to play Master And Commander with Assassin Connor Kenway.

... read more

Assassin's Creed 3 Wii U - how the GamePad improves Ubisoft'

Postby KairiZero » 30 Oct 2012, 14:04

In two minds over this one. Enjoyed the first two games very much, but the others just felt very much more of the same - I think the new locales and setting will help this one no end. I'll have to give it a try though I think....perhaps.

As wolves among sheep we wander
KairiZero

Re: Assassin's Creed 3 Wii U - how the GamePad improves Ubis

Postby Devilmancheese » 30 Oct 2012, 16:59

I really want to get this but is it worth paying an extra £10 for the game for the wiiu for just less hassle..... I don't know what I shoulf do
Devilmancheese

Postby olrodlegacy » 30 Oct 2012, 17:20

Easily among my top three games on WiiU. Never played Creed before so it should be even better for me...
Twitter: @olrodlegacy 3DS Friend Code: 3523-2031-4532. PM me yours!

"There is a purpose greater than myself."
olrodlegacy

Postby 3DSRulesO.K » 30 Oct 2012, 17:54

I've actually put off buying this for my Xbox (on which I have all the AC games!) so that I can get it on Wii U!

KairiZero wrote:In two minds over this one. Enjoyed the first two games very much, but the others just felt very much more of the same - I think the new locales and setting will help this one no end. I'll have to give it a try though I think....perhaps.

I know what you mean, Brotherhood and Revelations had a very similar control system, and it is starting to run out of steam.
But luckily, the Wii U version promises a fresh genuinaly new experience, possibly more fresh and new than the PS360 versions, dare I say it!
As you can tell, I like the 3DS. A lot.
3DSRulesO.K

Postby CraigEmberson » 30 Oct 2012, 22:03

Devilmancheese wrote:I really want to get this but is it worth paying an extra £10 for the game for the wiiu for just less hassle..... I don't know what I shoulf do

Order from sites like ShopTo - they're selling Wii U games from £38
Craig-E
CraigEmberson

Postby CBTIRL » 30 Oct 2012, 22:39

Have to say, the first game is slightly off-putting for me, but I might get this in sales
Nintendo Network ID: Insert_Pun_Here
3DS FC:1461-6464-0543
PSN:conben12
Twitter:@CBennett_12
CBTIRL

Postby KairiZero » 31 Oct 2012, 02:25

3DSRulesO.K wrote:I've actually put off buying this for my Xbox (on which I have all the AC games!) so that I can get it on Wii U!

KairiZero wrote:In two minds over this one. Enjoyed the first two games very much, but the others just felt very much more of the same - I think the new locales and setting will help this one no end. I'll have to give it a try though I think....perhaps.

I know what you mean, Brotherhood and Revelations had a very similar control system, and it is starting to run out of steam.
But luckily, the Wii U version promises a fresh genuinaly new experience, possibly more fresh and new than the PS360 versions, dare I say it!

The controls were good, I liked how tight they were, and they refined the free running no end in later iterations of the game, it just seemed to me that something seemed to be lacking....I'm a bit of a nark when it comes to supposed trilogy's too - Two spin off were nice, but a lot of those spin offs were kind of re-treading the same steps as previous games....

If theres any game in the world that I could have with a "3" on the end of it, please jesus - Shenmue 3. :P

As wolves among sheep we wander
KairiZero

Postby Pallaton » 25 Nov 2012, 07:16

I got this on PC and was looking forward to it a great deal..
it starts off and just seems to go on a bit.. You do have to persevere with it a bit but once you reach the part that you are expecting, you will enjoy it.
Pallaton

Postby TheSlenderman » 14 Jan 2013, 20:05

If this game is ported to 3ds then I'm defiantly getting it. Have played assassins creed 2 at a friends house and it is awsome. :D
I need something interesting to write here.
Colors Gallery; http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=118133 :D
TheSlenderman

Postby hamzahdsi » 14 Jan 2013, 21:20

TheSlenderman wrote:If this game is ported to 3ds then I'm defiantly getting it. Have played assassins creed 2 at a friends house and it is awsome. :D

I very much doubt it will be released onto the 3DS
XBOX Gamertag: EpicHamzah
Minimobi-"Funny what a day on ONM can do to you."
ILoveWii-"turn up anyway with lots of beers and a couple johnnys you'll be fine."
hamzahdsi

Postby TheSlenderman » 15 Jan 2013, 19:24

hamzahdsi wrote:
TheSlenderman wrote:If this game is ported to 3ds then I'm defiantly getting it. Have played assassins creed 2 at a friends house and it is awsome. :D

I very much doubt it will be released onto the 3DS

Neither do I, but I hope it is.
I need something interesting to write here.
Colors Gallery; http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=118133 :D
TheSlenderman