Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

Best Ghost Pokemon

Comment on site articles.

You pick your best Pokemon to battle on Halloween

Happy Halloween everyone! In the new issue of Official Nintendo Magazine we gave you a guide to celebrating Halloween Nintendo-style. Of the 20 Nintendo ways to celebrate Halloween, one was to play a Pokemon game with a team of ghosts, but who should you battle as? We decided to ask the experts on the ONM Pokemon forum to pick the six best Ghost Pokemon.

... read more

Best Ghost Pokemon

Postby Starman64O » 31 Oct 2012, 09:48

To be fair, there weren't going to be much choice in this contest, as I think the Ghost type is one (if not the) scarcest types in the Pokemon Series.
I think that they are mostly underrated myself, so it is great to see much support for the Ghost Types!
3DS friend code is 4596-9551-4435

'If you bully a fish on its inability to climb a tree
it will live out the rest of its life blaming itself for being incompetent'

A bit like introducing a Noob to EV training then?
Starman64O

Re: Best Ghost Pokemon

Postby shy guy 64 » 31 Oct 2012, 11:27

chandelure is only number 2?

close enough
life, don't talk to me about life
I'm being incredibly clever and there's no one standing around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?
shy guy 64

Postby K-tet » 31 Oct 2012, 12:00

Starman64O wrote:I think that they are mostly underrated myself, so it is great to see much support for the Ghost Types!

If only this was true. In reality they're quite well rated. Ghost-types have always been rated pretty highly since Gen 2 because they have a great neutral type-coverage, one almost as widespread as Dragon-types. As long as their secondary typing doesn't cause you too much problems, Ghost-types will rarely let you down.

As for this list, I'm humbled that I was mentioned for Chandelure (and it being #2 is about right, its bulk is its weaker suit). I'm a little bemused as to why Rotom isn't on the list (it's Game Freak in a nutshell guys). If we're going by technicalities, you'd be shouted at for having both Haunter and Gengar on the same team (species clause, they're part of the same straight evolutionary line), but oh well, it's a very good list nevertheless.

*STAMP OF APPROVAL*
K-tet

Postby JamieRIOT » 31 Oct 2012, 12:03

Haunter all the way. He's so much cooler than Gengar!
JamieRIOT

Postby ThePokekid78 » 31 Oct 2012, 14:07

Good list, but you put Haunter on and NOT Banette???

'A doll that became a Pokémon over its grudge from being junked. It seeks the child that disowned it.'

If that's not creepy then nothing is!
My Youtube career kinda ended, so...I really have nothing to put here anymore...
ThePokekid78

Postby TheNUKEnukeM » 31 Oct 2012, 15:15

ThePokekid78 wrote:Good list, but you put Haunter on and NOT Banette???

'A doll that became a Pokémon over its grudge from being junked. It seeks the child that disowned it.'

If that's not creepy then nothing is!

Creepy but not as creppy as hypno's pokedex entry in Pokemon Firered
It carries a pendulum-like device. There once was an incident in which it took away a child it hypnotized.

It inspired this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FT_ZpHgiIKo
When I go out some people ask me-Hey what's with the name. Well My real surname is Newcomb. And its sounds like Nukem as in Duke Nukem the game character (never played it, im two young). So I have adopted it and put in frustrating capital letters.
TheNUKEnukeM

Postby SonyX » 31 Oct 2012, 18:20

why would you have two pokémon of the same family in the same list! :?
SonyX

Postby fisher2007 » 31 Oct 2012, 22:03

gengar is my favorite ghost pokemon.
fisher2007

Postby DarkBladeXIII » 01 Nov 2012, 19:48

hate to sound like a stickler, but wouldnt gastly be the original ghost type, he is the first ghost pokemon i ever met, and will always be my favourite... after haunter he is just kickassery! :D
DarkBladeXIII

Postby TheNessInator » 01 Nov 2012, 21:55

Gengar is just so much better than the other ghost types
Jeff Was Here
Giygas 4 president
Onett conquest
and other earthbound trash.
TheNessInator

Postby Samster296 » 02 Nov 2012, 22:26

Jellicent and Gengar are both my favourite Ghost type Pokémon.
ImageImage
New Leaf Dream Address - 7100-2228-7688
Steam
Credit to Pacaholic for the sig!
Samster296

Postby GloverMist » 03 Nov 2012, 13:13

Giratina (especially the Origin forme) is my favourite by far. With its ability and the right move-pool, it can absolutely destroy everything! Plus, it looks awesome! :D
I've got two words for you, people: FALCON and PUNCH!
By the way, check out and subscribe to my YouTube channel! I'm currently doing a Let's Play of Super Smash Bros. Brawl!
GloverMist