Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

First US Wii U Advert released by Nintendo

Comment on site articles.

Shows Nintendo fans "how U will play next"

While the first UK Wii U advert was aired almost 2 weeks ago, Nintendo have now released their first American TV commercial promoting the Wii U. Needless to say, it's rather different from its UK counterpart.

... read more

First US Wii U Advert released by Nintendo

Postby gregeyb » 02 Nov 2012, 11:06

first
UK advert was better
Follow me on twitter @gregeyb
gregeyb

Re: First US Wii U Advert released by Nintendo

Postby K-tet » 02 Nov 2012, 11:23

This is slightly better than the UK advert. It wasn't cheesy, and it demonstrates how games will be played using that new controller, but it really needed better games on display. ZombiU would've amped its campaign and made it far better.

"How U will play next" is a strong tagline, but I would switch U and will around if I were in charge of the campaign and asked the question "How will U play next?" as it would generate far more interest. Asking the question gets the curious going and curiosity attracts more customers. That's my tuppence worth.

Guess we'll be waiting to see how the Japanese do it soon.
K-tet

Postby PappyLaroux » 02 Nov 2012, 12:12

The UK Advert was more informative-but more like a persuasive essay than an advert
This is the better Advert however, as the people seem to be happy and it's not cheesy
PappyLaroux

Postby NSMB23DS » 02 Nov 2012, 12:18

I prefer dubstep over "sping sping sping sping"
Obviously got NSMB2 midnight of August 19th (hence the name)
NSMB23DS

Postby ShinKagato » 02 Nov 2012, 13:22

ugh...i hate dubstep lol, honestly, they should be showing both adverts in the UK to get people excited about the machine. Last time i checked the US and Japan had totally sold out yet, in the UK it hasnt happend yet.
ShinKagato

Postby MartinIsAwesome » 02 Nov 2012, 14:21

I think this add would shift loads more Wii Us than the UK one. It makes Nintendo's new console look like a funky and classy entertainment machine. I'm surprised they aren't referring to it as the new Nintendo entertainment system.
But really, I think there's room for both. One to be the lecturer, the other to make it look cool and the US one certain does that.
Please check out my video game inspired t-shirt deigns over on RedBubble!
Featured Designs: Castle Crashers Four-Square | Luigi - Ridin' Dirty | Another MOTHER - Ness & Lucas (variations available)
MartinIsAwesome
ONM Moderator

Postby Mr Roboto » 02 Nov 2012, 15:14

Not a bad advert really as it shows people the games that they can buy and that's the whole point.
Mr Roboto

Postby HyrulianToad » 02 Nov 2012, 15:39

I prefer this trailer , it shows more gameplay . 8)
HyrulianToad

Postby shadowlugia101 » 02 Nov 2012, 18:22

this advert is a lot better than the UK one and the how u will play next is a good Nintendo tag line that kind of reminds me of some of their old ones. so overall a good ad
My 3DS Friend Code is 3222-5557-3599,PM if you add me.

shadowlugia101

Postby PokerusZero » 02 Nov 2012, 18:42

That was one cool advert. Way better than the UK one.
PokerusZero

Postby thenintendoer » 02 Nov 2012, 19:49

got nothing on "wii would like to play" (also not the best way to appeal to more hardcore players with all the more family orientated games)
thenintendoer

Postby imbusydoctorwho » 02 Nov 2012, 22:14

A much more better advert than the UK ad.
3DS FC: 3067-6402-2163 (please add me as I need some friends)
Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker
PSN: Crossword-Man
imbusydoctorwho

Postby Nintendalek42 » 03 Nov 2012, 01:15

I agree that "what will U play next" is better than "What U will play next". It's less arrogant and aggressive and it's catchier.
This is arguably better than the UK trailer, because it's not blatantly for "families" and "children", giving a bad image of the console to more seasoned gamers. However, the music is painfully awful :x , and the trailer doesn't show enough of the games. The trailers should be in the middle ground between the UK and US trailers. The game-orientated trailers previously put online were all far superior.
Nintendalek42

Postby Gummybears110 » 03 Nov 2012, 12:51

The American advert was so much better even though it didn't explain much about how it works and stuff like that. :D
Gummybears110

Postby harrogatewario » 04 Nov 2012, 19:40

I'd say the US one if I had to choose, but neither makes me feel like I want to rush out and buy one.
What if the Hokey Cokey really is what it's all about?!

3DS FC: 5412-9934-6347 (PM if you add me so I can return the favour.)

PS+N/NNID: harrogatewario (Send me a friend request via Miiverse and PS Network).
harrogatewario

Postby Joe_Crow » 05 Nov 2012, 17:00

It's better than the UK one. They should have shown some of the more mature games as well though. And the music is horrendous.
"Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock and roll."

"A delayed game is eventually good, a rushed game is bad forever." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Joe_Crow