Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

80% of Rayman Legends single player mode is a platformer

Comment on site articles.

Touch-screen levels make up a fifth of the game

Emile Morel, the lead game designer on the upcoming Wii U exclusive Rayman Legends, has revealed that the main bulk of the single player game will focus on classic platforming. While touch-screen levels play an important part of the game, they will only count for around a fifth of the overall experience.

... read more

80% of Rayman Legends single player mode is a platformer

Postby MJTH » 02 Nov 2012, 12:05

I think 20% of the overall package is fair. If they are going to make the parts where you play as murphy legitimate gameplay sections, I assume their going to fill his bits with puzzles and stuff to make it more interesting. I doubt it will/ hope it won't be just as simple as the multiplayer help stuff that that has been shown of in events.

Either way, If we assume around 10 levels per world/ stage then I'm fine with 2 out of the 10 being different to mix up the game play, like the shooter sections did in origins. This is much better then the 40% of the game being murphy sections stated in a previous news story.
Something's coming up the plumbing, poor Luigi's in a bind. Giant turtles are out to get him, Creepy Crabs are right behind. Spiders, flies. Jeepers! Yikes!, They're coming out the pipes. "MARIO! WHERE ARE YOU!!!"
MJTH

Re: 80% of Rayman Legends single player mode is a platformer

Postby MartinIsAwesome » 02 Nov 2012, 14:07

As I've already stated elsewhere, I really didn't think that much the demo I played at the Wii U Showcase Tour. It didn't feel like the Wii Remote player and the GamePad player were truely working together. As the GamePad play, in some stages it was my responsibility to do all the work and move things for the Wiimote player to press on with much distraction. Other times, like in the rhythm action stage, I felt like I wan't making any difference and in that instance I actually wished I was the one with the humble Wii Remote.
That said, it does look and sound amazing. It's a shame the entire game isn't made up of those rhythm-action segments. If it was I would be much more optimistic about it.
Please check out my video game inspired t-shirt deigns over on RedBubble!
Featured Designs: Ys - Adol | Luigi - Ridin' Dirty | Another MOTHER - Ness & Lucas (variations available)
MartinIsAwesome
ONM Moderator

Postby Mr Roboto » 02 Nov 2012, 15:19

I hope the theme of the levels vary a lot to keep me interested in finishing the game.

I'm holding on abit longer before pre-ordering it as at the moment I am not that impressed with it.
Mr Roboto

Postby HyrulianToad » 02 Nov 2012, 15:47

Finally got my hands on a wii u yesterday (yes it is awesome) got to play a music level and a normal one . When I played as the frog with someone else playing as rayman I found it quite boring as all I did was swipe things but soon I got to play as rayman and It was amazing . Keeping my eye on this game. :shock:
HyrulianToad

Postby CyberGW » 02 Nov 2012, 16:47

80% is a good amount. I can settle with that.
Current Favourite Game: Tomodachi Life
Most Anticipated Game: Super Smash Bros for Nintendo 3DS
NNID: CyberGW
CyberGW

Postby PokerusZero » 02 Nov 2012, 18:49

Im glad that 80% of the game is plaforming as I was worrying that it wasn't going to focus on it. However I still dont know what the purple lums are all about.
PokerusZero

Postby imbusydoctorwho » 02 Nov 2012, 22:15

Around 80% is what I was hoping,and I'm happy with this news.
3DS FC: 3067-6402-2163 (please add me as I need some friends)
Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker
PSN: Crossword-Man
imbusydoctorwho