Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

Best Wii U games to buy for Christmas

Comment on site articles.

What's on your wish list?

Now we are officially allowed to think about Christmas. Forget playing games such as charades or a family quiz (maybe that's just my Christmas) after you've eaten your turkey for you can get the whole family to play proper games. In a series of special features we're going to tell you the best games to buy for Wii U, 3DS and DS and we'll also give you some advice on how to get your family into gaming. We'll begin with the console that everyone is talking about. Wii U.

... read more

Best Wii U games to buy for Christmas

Postby Pyron12 » 04 Nov 2012, 10:55

I'm interested in Nintendo Land, Tekken Tag Tourney 2 + Sonic All Stars Transformed.
Friend Code: 3780-9511-6018
Pyron12

Re: Best Wii U games to buy for Christmas

Postby skyluigi » 04 Nov 2012, 11:00

I'll be getting New Super Mario Bros. U and Nintendo Land, but they're the only two launch games I'm interested in.
Woo hoo!
skyluigi

Postby Super llama bro » 04 Nov 2012, 11:23

Im getting mario bros u, zombiiu, game and wario and assassins creed 3. I will already have nintendo land because it comes with the premium wii u. Im not sure though if i want to get lego city and maybe wind waker for my gamecube that i recently bought since rayman legends and pikmin 3 have been delayed until early 2013.

Also, can anyone reccomend some good gamecube games? So far i have double dash, luigis mansion, pokémon colleseum, and metroid prime 1 and 2. My friend is buying me mario sunshine for christmas because he owes it to me to make up for some money i gave him
Super llama bro

Postby ThePokekid78 » 04 Nov 2012, 11:41

Super llama bro wrote:Im getting mario bros u, zombiiu, game and wario and assassins creed 3. I will already have nintendo land because it comes with the premium wii u. Im not sure though if i want to get lego city and maybe wind waker for my gamecube that i recently bought since rayman legends and pikmin 3 have been delayed until early 2013.

Also, can anyone reccomend some good gamecube games? So far i have double dash, luigis mansion, pokémon colleseum, and metroid prime 1 and 2. My friend is buying me mario sunshine for christmas because he owes it to me to make up for some money i gave him

You've pretty much got the good 'uns there bro! Of course there's Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, Resi 4 and Smash Bros Melee, but as long as you've got the Prime games you're sorted imo
My Youtube career kinda ended, so...I really have nothing to put here anymore...
ThePokekid78

Postby LavaTwilight » 04 Nov 2012, 12:30

If you're gonna get ZombiU why not get the ZombiU bundle? It's a bit more expensive but then you get the controller! Also in most places, NintendoLand is currently discounted to £40 but ZombiU is still riding high at about £50, so the potential there means it's not just getting a ProController for cheaper, you're getting ZombiU cheaper too!

As for me I'll be getting the top 3 on this list! I'm also undecided on Lego City: Undercover and I'm undecided on Tekken 2. I avoid beat-em-ups like the plague (Smash Bros being an exception lol) but this one, as my 'definitive' might just be enough to bring me over... :wink:
LavaTwilight

Postby LavaTwilight » 04 Nov 2012, 12:32

Super llama bro wrote:Also, can anyone reccomend some good gamecube games? So far i have double dash, luigis mansion, pokémon colleseum, and metroid prime 1 and 2. My friend is buying me mario sunshine for christmas because he owes it to me to make up for some money i gave him

If you love the Mario Party games I love Mario Party 6 and 7 (imo theyre the best). If you can, get a hold of Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem! It's an awesome game, much underrated but so many people will recommend it! Also it's worth picking up F-Zero GX.
LavaTwilight

Postby AquaMisty » 04 Nov 2012, 12:35

And this article has a bit saying about the poor people who have to wait for christmas to get a Wii U. I have to wait for my birthday on March 20th to get a Wii U.
I love water Pokemon !
Pokeshipping -the best
AquaMisty

Postby 3ds234 » 04 Nov 2012, 14:48

Im going to get ZombiU,Assassins creed 3,Fifa 13,Mario bros U and Black Ops 2.If Lego City Undercover comes out before Christmas ill get that instead of Fifa 13 and wait for Fifa 14.
3ds fc: 1719-3432-0688. Animal Crossing Dream suite address:6200-2218-5065 .Xbox Live: ciaranm 281. Pm me if you add me on any of them.

Currently playing:Monster Hunter 3,Pokemon Y/black2,GTA V,Battlefield 4,COD Black Ops 2, Borderlands 2.
3ds234

Postby HyrulianToad » 04 Nov 2012, 16:01

Ordered it for launch on Amazon along with Nintendo land , NSMB , ZombiU , Batman AC , and assassins creed 3. 8)
I'm still hoping scribblenaughts will be announced for launch , I'll definitely be getting the WiiU version now because of mario cameos and object creator.
HyrulianToad

Postby RainbowGazelle » 04 Nov 2012, 19:32

I'm not asking for any of these for Christmas. I refuse to buy any EA game, Assassin's Creed is just mindless killing, NSMBU is exactly the same as every Mario game ever, ZombiU is over-priced, and Nintendo Land comes with the Premium pack which I'll be getting anyway, so I don't need to ask for it. I'm after Batman and Sonic Racing instead. Oh, and maybe Tank Tank Tank as that's at a decent price.
My 3DS FC is: 3437-3065-1394
My NNID is: RainbowGazelle
RainbowGazelle

Postby me4ndubz » 04 Nov 2012, 20:11

hypothetically if my parents would actually get me these games, my wish list would be TTT2, AC3 and Mass Effect 3
me4ndubz

Postby me4ndubz » 04 Nov 2012, 20:13

LavaTwilight wrote:
Super llama bro wrote:Also, can anyone reccomend some good gamecube games? So far i have double dash, luigis mansion, pokémon colleseum, and metroid prime 1 and 2. My friend is buying me mario sunshine for christmas because he owes it to me to make up for some money i gave him

If you love the Mario Party games I love Mario Party 6 and 7 (imo theyre the best). If you can, get a hold of Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem! It's an awesome game, much underrated but so many people will recommend it! Also it's worth picking up F-Zero GX.

every gamecube owner needs super smash bros melee in their collection without a doubt. if you like the legend of zelda then i suggest getting wind waker
me4ndubz

Postby goldtanooki » 04 Nov 2012, 21:14

Super llama bro wrote:Im getting mario bros u, zombiiu, game and wario and assassins creed 3. I will already have nintendo land because it comes with the premium wii u. Im not sure though if i want to get lego city and maybe wind waker for my gamecube that i recently bought since rayman legends and pikmin 3 have been delayed until early 2013.

There was a feature many onms ago... anyway it reccomended odama(military stratagey+pinball. yes, pinball) ,mario golf: toadstool tour and billy hatcher and the giant egg and many more. plus if you like your sonic then get sonic gems collection. hope this helped
Pignite The Fight!
3DS Friend Code: 2449 - 5158 - 7486
PM Me If You Friended Me
goldtanooki

Postby ninjafox » 04 Nov 2012, 22:49

Nintendo Land certainly seems like it will be the game that interests the family in the same way Wii Sports did but as it features Nintendo characters and has a wider varity of games it will be even better.

Super llama bro wrote:Also, can anyone reccomend some good gamecube games?

As LavaTwilight said Eternal Darkness:Sanity's Requiem is a fantastic and a much underated Gamecube game. Also Viewtiful Joe 1 & 2 and Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door :)
ninjafox

Postby KKNinty347 » 04 Nov 2012, 23:44

I'll be getting the premium pack (with Nintendo Land) and two other games. I think I'll get New Super Mario Bros. U (a given) and Batman: Arkham City AE (a long game to keep me going). If my budget allows it, I may even get more! :)
Favourite 3DS game: Kid Icarus: Uprising
Favourite Wii game: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Favourite DS game: Super Mario 64 DS
Most anticipated game: New Super Mario Bros. U
3DS FC: 4253-3472-0892
My website: www.ksnewsandreviews.blogspot.co.uk
KKNinty347

Postby imbusydoctorwho » 05 Nov 2012, 00:23

Nintendo Land is coming with my Wii U,but I'll probably ask for some games.
NSMBU seems like a safe choice,but I'm thinking about getting Sonic Racing,Tekken,and Batman.
I do want Epic Mickey 2,but I'm gonna get it on Wii cause it'll be cheaper.
3DS FC: 3067-6402-2163 (please add me as I need some friends)
Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker
PSN: Crossword-Man
imbusydoctorwho

Postby Serebii » 05 Nov 2012, 12:10

I want Scribblenauts for launch. US is getting it at launch but we have no word here :(
Serebii

Postby nintenu » 05 Nov 2012, 14:45

I want NSMBU but can only find this for £36, so that’s a no!
Sega releases generally drop in price after a month or two, so Sonic All Star Racing will be a buy after Christmas.
However I will have Tekken and Nintendoland to look forward to…unless I find some more Wii U games under £30!!!
NintenU One Game at a Time!
Be a part of it ...Join the Staff!
nintenu

Postby SM3DL2 » 09 Nov 2012, 01:01

I'm only vaguely interested in New Super Mario Bros. U (and this time, it better be 'New.'). I'm too much of a coward for ZombiU. I might just wait until a really good game comes out for the WiiU then get it.
SM3DL2

Postby SM3DL2 » 09 Nov 2012, 01:02

WiiU games are too expensive. £49.99? No way.
SM3DL2