Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

Miyamoto shares ideas for Metroid Wii U

Comment on site articles.

He thinks a Metroid Wii U game could be like Metroid Blast...

Want to know Shigeru Miyamoto's ideas for a Metroid Wii U game? Play Metroid Blast in Nintendo Land for it's all in there.

... read more

Postby shy guy 64 » 05 Nov 2012, 11:27

well until i play it i cant really say weather or not its a good idea
life, don't talk to me about life
I'm being incredibly clever and there's no one standing around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?
shy guy 64

Postby m4att1 » 05 Nov 2012, 11:32

I think controlling samus's ship with the Wii U game pad would be pretty cool, like in Corruption when you had to use samus's ship to blow up walls and generators, but this time in more detail, for example you have to use the game pad to move the ship into the right position to pick things up without crashing or if you come across a horde of monsters just use the ship to bomb them :twisted:
m4att1

Postby King-X » 05 Nov 2012, 11:33

From what I've seen of Metroid Blast that is a lot nearer to my own vision of where Metroid should go than I've seen to date in its entire 3D life. Imagine the full abilities of the 2D games such as proper Space Jumping (as opposed to the pathetic double-jump it became) and Speed Boots antics along with a whole host of new abilities. Now I know the direction it did take was partly due to technological restraints of the day but I think we're past that now.

For sure I want it in third-person. It feels much closer to home to its roots that way. I know some people enjoyed this aspect but less of those scanning shenanigans please, I just want unadulterated action!

Naturally I want to see lusher visuals and a more serious tone than Metroid Blast offers though...

Currently playing: Mario Kart 8 / Mario Golf World Tour
King-X

Re: Miyamoto shares ideas for Metroid Wii U

Postby Fishman92 » 05 Nov 2012, 11:51

Just give us Prime 4. Seriously.
8)
Fishmaniacs Network
Fishman92

Postby toffeeman30 » 05 Nov 2012, 14:04

he has the experience with games so why not?
toffeeman30

Postby Ai64 » 05 Nov 2012, 16:19

I hope for Corruption's sequal. More of the same Prime styled gameplay but much better and prettier.
PM me for 3DS friend code or Wii U.
Ai64

Postby MartinIsAwesome » 05 Nov 2012, 16:36

I'd just be happy knowing that is definately a new Metroid in development. It could be a rhythm action game for all I care.
Please check out my video game inspired t-shirt deigns over on RedBubble!
Featured Designs: Castle Crashers Four-Square | Luigi - Ridin' Dirty | Another MOTHER - Ness & Lucas (variations available)
MartinIsAwesome
ONM Moderator

Postby Pyron12 » 05 Nov 2012, 17:19

Hopefully the multiplayer will be like Prime 2 :D
Friend Code: 3780-9511-6018
Pyron12

Postby Hams96 » 05 Nov 2012, 19:50

I'd like to fly Samus' ship through space to get to different areas, maybe drawing a course for the ship to fly like in Spirit Tracks, or steering the ship like flying a Loftwing in Skyward Sword.
Hams96

Postby Mr Roboto » 05 Nov 2012, 19:51

I hope platinum games make the next Metroid game and they make it just like Vanquish! Awesome game!
Mr Roboto

Postby nick richardson » 12 Nov 2012, 23:19

The next metroid game should be more like prime than other-m, Metroid other-m was ok but not as good as the prime games, i loved scanning everything in the prime games and think there should be more of it in the next game as well as giving you more controle over the ship with the game pad touch screen or something
nick richardson