Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

Best 3DS games to buy for Christmas

Comment on site articles.

The games that should be on your Christmas list

It's not all about Wii U you know. While Nintendo's new console is undoubtedly the most exciting thing that's happening this Christmas, many people will be unwrapping a brand new 3DS XL on 25 December. Others can expect to receive some new 3DS games. But what are the best games that you can buy for Nintendo's 3D handheld this Christmas?

... read more

Postby WolfyWardark » 05 Nov 2012, 16:14

Definitely Paper Mario: Sticker Star! Shortly after Christmas, all being well, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon and Animal Crossing: New Leaf!
WolfyWardark

Postby Sex Bob-omb » 05 Nov 2012, 16:15

I have them all but paper Mario,I would also add epic mickey to this list that game looks awesome
Sex Bob-omb

Re: Best 3DS games to buy for Christmas

Postby MJTH » 05 Nov 2012, 16:45

I can't wait for Paper Mario: Sticker Star. Recently I've been pre-ordering a bunch of games, in anticipation for the Wii U, but it will be nice to walk into a shop again to buy this. I only ever order games online at hardware launches. I find it less hassle to go into a store since I'm not worried of missing my packages in the post.
Something's coming up the plumbing, poor Luigi's in a bind. Giant turtles are out to get him, Creepy Crabs are right behind. Spiders, flies. Jeepers! Yikes!, They're coming out the pipes. "MARIO! WHERE ARE YOU!!!"
MJTH

Postby SuperJonnyMario » 05 Nov 2012, 17:10

Mario Kart 7's online doesn't work for people like me. I hope Nintendo Network gets fixed before Wii U comes out. I don't want a home console in which I can't go online with.
SuperJonnyMario

Postby 123akis » 05 Nov 2012, 17:17

i have all of these except from paper mario!
123akis

Postby tomonm » 05 Nov 2012, 17:27

Sex Bob-omb wrote:I have them all but paper Mario,I would also add epic mickey to this list that game looks awesome

Yes, Epic Mickey is a good shout, too.
tomonm
ONM Staff

Postby me4ndubz » 05 Nov 2012, 18:30

I'm glad you've recognised kid icarus as the best 3ds game of 2012
me4ndubz

Postby thenintendoer » 05 Nov 2012, 19:38

ill definately be hoping for paper mario this year i also plan to buy RE and KI as im quite far behind in terms of games as i havnt had much money to spend this year
thenintendoer

Postby Xikelle » 05 Nov 2012, 20:24

I'm hoping to get Kid Icarus: Uprising, Rhythm thief and the emperor's treasure and Kingdom hearts: dream drop distance.
Rock on, girl gamers.
Some of the greatest games, have some of the greatest music.
Xikelle

Postby Tamalay » 05 Nov 2012, 22:59

I have all the ones I want :( hurry up with a release date on pikachu 3ds xl, animal crossing 3ds and pokemon mystery dungeon 3ds as well as harvest moon a new beginning :(
Tamalay

Postby fisher2007 » 06 Nov 2012, 01:35

Tamalay wrote:I have all the ones I want :( hurry up with a release date on pikachu 3ds xl, animal crossing 3ds and pokemon mystery dungeon 3ds as well as harvest moon a new beginning :(

I need to know what month it's for animal crossing 3ds too also i think it's may come out march or april don't really know and i'm not psychic :(
come to my world and i will project you from bad souls and I'm the ninja pirate master.

3DS FC is 0130-1987-2452 If you add me then please PM me
fisher2007

Postby Da_Epic_Fail » 06 Nov 2012, 06:03

Getting Sticker Star and Layton for christmas. Have all the other games on the list.
Hoping as well to get Epic Mickey, Virtue's Last Reward (loved 999) and SMT: Overclocked before the year is out as well.
Da_Epic_Fail

Postby imbusydoctorwho » 06 Nov 2012, 11:37

Of all the 3DS coming out this holiday season,only Epic Mickey,Paper Mario and Virtues Last Reward interest me.
3DS FC: 3067-6402-2163 (please add me as I need some friends)
Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker
PSN: Crossword-Man
imbusydoctorwho

Postby SM3DL » 08 Nov 2012, 18:50

I'm hoping for Paper Mario and Luigi's Mansion
SM3DL

Postby MissAliss » 11 Nov 2012, 15:33

Im glad they made a resident evil game for the 3DS its what it needed
MissAliss