Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

3DS eShop games of the week - Pokedex 3D Pro, New Art Academ

Comment on site articles.

Pokedex 3D Pro costs £13.49

Pokedex 3D Pro heads up this week's selection of 3DS eShop downloads. It will be joined in the 3DS digital store by Rising Board 3D, New Art Academy DLC, and Cake Ninja 2 while you can also save money on Marvel Pinball 3D. This week's solitary Wii download is Shock Troopers.

... read more

Postby K-tet » 06 Nov 2012, 10:49

£13.49 is a bit too steep. I'll probably invest in it a lot later. If I'm honest, it's £5.50 more expensive than it should be. £7.99 would've been the perfect price point.

As for the other offerings, again, for now, I'll pass. Wii U is far more important.
K-tet

Postby RainbowGazelle » 06 Nov 2012, 10:50

I had considered getting Pokedex 3D Pro if it wasn't too expensive. £13.49 is way overpriced. I am not paying that.
My 3DS FC is: 3437-3065-1394
My NNID is: RainbowGazelle
RainbowGazelle

Re: 3DS eShop games of the week - Pokedex 3D Pro, New Art Ac

Postby Serebii » 06 Nov 2012, 10:56

They're thinking of Pokédex 3D Pro as a digital strategy guide so it's priced accordingly. It's cheaper than most Pokédex print guides and it has a myriad of extras. While it probably could have been cheaper, it's fully justified
Serebii

Postby Commandervideo » 06 Nov 2012, 11:11

Overpriced. Although I'm still going to be one of the insane few who will buy PokedexPro
My Colors!3D Gallery
THE BEST EQUALS = MK7 + SSBB + SM64
Commandervideo

Postby shy guy 64 » 06 Nov 2012, 11:29

it dose seem like a bit much but im still saving up for a wii u so i'll decide about it some other time
life, don't talk to me about life
I'm being incredibly clever and there's no one standing around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?
shy guy 64

Postby imbusydoctorwho » 06 Nov 2012, 11:38

£13.49? I don't think so.
3DS FC: 3067-6402-2163 (please add me as I need some friends)
Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker
PSN: Crossword-Man
imbusydoctorwho

Postby King Slazo » 06 Nov 2012, 12:07

Serebii wrote:They're thinking of Pokédex 3D Pro as a digital strategy guide so it's priced accordingly. It's cheaper than most Pokédex print guides and it has a myriad of extras. While it probably could have been cheaper, it's fully justified

RRPs for strategy guides like Pokédexs over here are £12.99, so... its still more expensive, even with that comparison.

And considering there's a myraid of sites on the internet where you can acquire this all for free... redundant ripoff in an understatement.
~ if we make it through the night we'll watch the morning sun ~ endless tweetnobabble
King Slazo
ONM Moderator

Postby bobble173 » 06 Nov 2012, 12:44

Yeah I want pokédex pro but I don't want any gimmicks to rack up the price. Way too expensive I can't afford to pay almost £15 for that
bobble173

Postby Shmilly » 06 Nov 2012, 12:53

You can't possibly justify that price on the updated Pokedex. You're paying for some quizzes and some 3D models, the rest you can find online on a multitude of sites for free. Furthermore, to access the app you need to quit the Pokemon game you were playing, whereas looking it up on the internet means you can just carry on playing. Come on Nintendo, what were you thinking? Even strategy guides come cheaper than this.
ビジュアル系のファン
Shmilly

Postby metalgario » 06 Nov 2012, 13:08

Oh dear, Fail on that Nintendo! I'll stick to the much cheaper books and apps, if it enabled 3D battles that would be a different story though...
metalgario

Postby Nintendalek42 » 06 Nov 2012, 13:45

:shock: That price on pokedex 3D pro is totally ridiculous. I'll probably wait till the price goes down, or I might just buy it now because I really want it. Damn you Nintendo, I'm going to have to resist my urge to buy it because of your cynical overpricing! This is not the kind of price I was expecting, especially for what is effectively a bunch of quizzes and more 3D models. Just under £10 is fine, but this is really pushing it. A bad, opportunistic move from Nintendo.
Nintendalek42

Postby toffeeman30 » 06 Nov 2012, 14:06

wont be spending my virtual money this week
toffeeman30

Postby MartinIsAwesome » 06 Nov 2012, 15:02

That Rising Board looks surprisingly good. And it seems pretty cheap too. May be worth a look down the line.
And that Shock Troopers looks just like a top-down version of Metal Slug, which would be great if it wasn't for the fact that I've got the Metal Slug Anthology in my back catalogue of games to play.
Please check out my video game inspired t-shirt deigns over on RedBubble!
Featured Designs: SAMUS/ARAN | Luigi - Ridin' Dirty | Another MOTHER - Ness & Lucas (variations available)
MartinIsAwesome
ONM Moderator

Postby fisher2007 » 06 Nov 2012, 15:31

I really wanted the pokedex pro but it's expensive not paying for that also i hope nintendo lower the price but i don't think it happen yet they want money also if they announced generation 6 then the price will be lower also that mean's we have to wait age's for the price to be lower and but if your insane then wouldn't matter to you if you pay for it and download it. :(
come to my world and i will project you from bad souls and I'm the ninja pirate master.

3DS FC is 0130-1987-2452 If you add me then please PM me
fisher2007

Postby ledreppe » 06 Nov 2012, 15:43

Nothing here that really makes me say "Ooh, I must have that". So I'll just be moving along 'till next week then.
Nintendo Network ID: BigAl79
3DS Friend Code
Getting: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Rayman Legends.
Mii QR Code
Twitter
YouTube
Where Nintendo lead, others follow!
ledreppe

Postby Wackiest » 06 Nov 2012, 17:24

I was only going to get this if the price was right,

And seeing as it's impossible to consult this Pokedex whilst playing a Pokemon game on my 3DS, it just isn't worth it. Might get it at a later date if the price comes down,

For now I'll stick to the information available online
Wackiest

Postby TenTen » 06 Nov 2012, 17:25

£13? I think I'll stick to serebii, thanks.
TenTen

Postby Magmortar963 » 06 Nov 2012, 17:42

£13.49, I know we've just got out of the recession but we're still recovering so don't expect me to pay that. Savvy shoppers will know you can get StarFox 64 3D for around the same price, no comparison!
Creator of the infamous Majora's Mak 3D Hoax
Magmortar963

Postby Hams96 » 06 Nov 2012, 17:47

See that Wailord in the picture? That's Nintendo, powering its way towards you in a bid to consume your money
Hams96

Postby CyberGW » 06 Nov 2012, 17:57

Pokédex 3D is very expensive but since I love taking AR Pictures so much I'm going to buy it.
The option of 650 odd Pokémon to add into AR Pics is just unresistable for me, especially since they've got rid of that annoying blue shadow like they had in the original Pokédex 3D.
Current Favourite Game: Tomodachi Life
Most Anticipated Game: Super Smash Bros for Nintendo 3DS
NNID: CyberGW
CyberGW

Postby CaptainSnivy » 06 Nov 2012, 18:02

Nope, I won't be getting Pokedex 3D Pro. I'm not going to be spending all that money on something that Bulbapedia and Serebii.net do a million times better, for free. And to be honest, you would have to pretty mad to do it.
CaptainSnivy

Postby Dan-the-Wii-man » 06 Nov 2012, 19:10

£14?!?!?!?
Playing Zombi U and Nintendo Land and saving to buy Paper Mario. NNID SingSongDan :D
Dan-the-Wii-man

Postby C00LI098 » 06 Nov 2012, 19:21

As much as I'd like 3D Pro, I'll definitely be passing. It'll probably end up costing €20 (just because they seem to love throwing on an extra two or three euro). It's a nice app (especially for a language lover like me), but extremely far from necessary.
C00LI098

Postby CraigEmberson » 06 Nov 2012, 19:45

Serebii wrote:They're thinking of Pokédex 3D Pro as a digital strategy guide so it's priced accordingly. It's cheaper than most Pokédex print guides and it has a myriad of extras. While it probably could have been cheaper, it's fully justified

I have to admit, if you pay for the Pokedex books, they're £14.99 but this doesn't contain info on gym leaders, etc... like the book does. I'd say at most, it should be £9.99. What happened to their pricing strategy anyway? Usually, it works out:

£1.80
£2.70
£3.60
£4.50
£5.40
£6.30
£7.20
£8.10
£9.00
£9.90
£.10.80
Craig-E
CraigEmberson

Postby phil2512 » 06 Nov 2012, 21:42

Really... what the frigging point of this when you can either go to serrebi/bulbapedia for the information you need and more and they could have updated it just like mario kart 7 if its possible.
phil2512

Next