Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

Wii U Chat video - everything you need to know about Nintend

Comment on site articles.

Are you looking forward to using Wii U Chat?

You can see Nintendo President Satoru Iwata enjoying video chat with US chief Reggie Fils-Aime in this Wii U Chat video .

... read more

Wii U Chat video - everything you need to know about Nintend

Postby shy guy 64 » 08 Nov 2012, 11:30

i honestly dont see the point
life, don't talk to me about life
I'm being incredibly clever and there's no one standing around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?
shy guy 64

Re: Wii U Chat video - everything you need to know about Nin

Postby imbusydoctorwho » 08 Nov 2012, 15:23

So it's basically Nintendo's own version of Skype.
While I do like this idea,I can't see myself using it.
3DS FC: 3067-6402-2163 (please add me as I need some friends)
Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker
PSN: Crossword-Man
imbusydoctorwho

Postby pokemaster » 08 Nov 2012, 18:04

Having friends all over the world thanks to the 3DS, and Colors! quite a few of them are getting a Wii U, but dont have Skype, so am looking forward to chatting to them. Could be really good fun if you have some good friends. Just hope it works better than my Skype.
--------3DS Friend Code-4768-7430-9047--------
-PM me yours if you add me, so I can add you-
My Colors! 3D Gallery
Met my fiance because of the 3DS, I owe Nintendo everything. Miyamoto, Iwata and co. if you see this, you are invited to the wedding.
pokemaster

Postby BattleGooseUK » 09 Nov 2012, 00:00

I just... want... party chat, like xbox 360... why do you have to be so good Nintendo but suck so hard at the same time?
Nintendo Network ID
- Wii U -
AFistfulOfRupees
BattleGooseUK

Postby KairiZero » 09 Nov 2012, 13:18

I think I would use it, I know my brother is planning on getting Wii U, and I could use it to video chat with my family, which would be quite a nice thing for me :) I'm a little dissapointed in the lack of a "party" system though for inter-game chat.....You would have thought Ninty would have considered this and got on the ball with that one!

As wolves among sheep we wander
KairiZero

Postby IPecksU » 09 Nov 2012, 16:15

It's nice but I'd like to have party chat so I can talk to my friends while we're playing different games
IPecksU

Postby Cidiyance » 09 Nov 2012, 20:42

Oh god damn it, can you just give us a free WiiU already?

Although I have a few questions:
A bloody skull: Will this baby of an attraction to us socially committed folk be able to use this cross Facebook cam connectivity?
Pale face bride: Will you be able to communicate with more then one person?
and... just a horses head... yes, I am evil: Will there be OPERATING cam chat whilst gaming?

I think out of all these horried thing they could create something innovative for future updates, but I think I am just too impatient at this point.
Let the fire burn, the Hero die and the world turning into a shadow of light! Time has come for you to challenge me!
Cidiyance

Postby Hams96 » 10 Nov 2012, 06:15

This actually looks really good, I can see myself soon using this to talk to my friends instead of Facebook.
Hams96