Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

Mass Effect 3 Wii U trailer shows GamePad controls

Comment on site articles.

See more of the third game in the sci-fi series on Wii U

Mass Effect 3 will be the first game in the sci-fi series to be released on a Nintendo console and you can see the new GamePad features by checking out this new Wii U trailer.

... read more

Mass Effect 3 Wii U trailer shows GamePad controls

Postby HyrulianToad » 10 Nov 2012, 10:40

First!
Played a little of the second game and didn't like it. The shooting was pretty clunky and the RPG elements felt average as well .I probably didn't play enough . It seems a little stupid to have not to put the mass effect triology on WiiU instead of coming in on the final game but maybe the WiiU features will make up for it.
HyrulianToad

Re: Mass Effect 3 Wii U trailer shows GamePad controls

Postby Lew3107 » 10 Nov 2012, 11:07

I'm not a fan of Mass Effect so I was never going to buy this, but what confuses me is that EA are offering Mass Effect 3 on the Wii U instead of the Mass Effect Trilogy that will be on the other consoles. I think that's just a lazy move from EA, and I'd strongly advise that no one buys this game, especially if you have one of the other two consoles. Why settle for an interactive comic in the Wii U version when you can play the whole thing on PS3/Xbox 360? Poor decision.
Nintendo Network ID: Lew3107
Lew3107

Postby Lewis Daisley » 10 Nov 2012, 11:21

This video hardly even shows the Gamepad features....
Lewis Daisley

Postby ThePokekid78 » 10 Nov 2012, 11:32

Guys, I know EA are releasing the trilogy on the PS360 and not Wii U, but think about it: if this sells well, I think there is a very strong chance that the Wii U will see a trilogy release in the future, which would be amazing. However, if no-one buys this, it will never happen.

That's why your attitude to 'oh I'm not buying this because we want the trilogy' is a rather foolish one.
My Youtube career kinda ended, so...I really have nothing to put here anymore...
ThePokekid78

Postby Lew3107 » 10 Nov 2012, 14:02

ThePokekid78 wrote:Guys, I know EA are releasing the trilogy on the PS360 and not Wii U, but think about it: if this sells well, I think there is a very strong chance that the Wii U will see a trilogy release in the future, which would be amazing. However, if no-one buys this, it will never happen.

That's why your attitude to 'oh I'm not buying this because we want the trilogy' is a rather foolish one.

What's the point of that? Shouldn't all three be offered from the start, rather than "we'll sell one of the games, then if that sells well we'll offer all three"? PS3 gamers missed Mass Effect 1 because Microsoft had licensing rights to it. What's the excuse of not offering it on Wii U? Because there's no exclusivity anymore. It just seems like EA are trying their best to squeeze as much money out of people as possible. I don't know about other people, but I know that this would have alienated me if I was a potential buyer.
As I said, I wouldn't buy it even if there was a trilogy. I'm just saying that other people should take into account that all 3 games are available on the other consoles for the same price as 1 game on the Wii U, and that's just not worth it. Assuming that many Wii U buyers will be new to the Mass Effect series, I don't think it's foolish to say that buying the same game twice isn't worth it when all 3 could have potentially been available. If they're really interested in the game, it might be in their best interests to buy the trilogy on another platform and experience all 3 games fully, rather than through an interactive comic.
Nintendo Network ID: Lew3107
Lew3107

Postby KairiZero » 10 Nov 2012, 14:14

The gripe that it should have been released as a trilogy is a fairly valid one, especially considering that the other consoles are getting it soon - but don't let that deter you, if you've not played Mass Effect before, I would still totally recommend this game, its probably one of my standout titles this year!!!

As wolves among sheep we wander
KairiZero

Postby Mr Roboto » 10 Nov 2012, 18:00

HyrulianToad wrote:First!
Played a little of the second game and didn't like it. The shooting was pretty clunky and the RPG elements felt average as well .I probably didn't play enough . It seems a little stupid to have not to put the mass effect triology on WiiU instead of coming in on the final game but maybe the WiiU features will make up for it.

Totally agree that it is stupid that the Wii u is not getting all three games instead we are getting an interactive comic of the first two games and your choices will be shown in the third game.

I've played mass effect 2 on PS3 and it is brilliant but it won't be everyone's cup of tea like with any game. I think I will wait for the trilogy box set to be released on PS3 as I want to play the first game.

It is a shame all three games would go down a treat on Wii u with its game pad.
Mr Roboto

Postby ThePokekid78 » 10 Nov 2012, 21:48

Lew3107 wrote:What's the point of that? Shouldn't all three be offered from the start

Yes, we should have been offered the trilogy, but we haven't been. It doesn't matter what should or shouldn't happen, this is the way things are.

That said I won't be grabbing Mass Effect 3 just yet. Gonna wait about 6 months until the Wii U's price goes down, then get one, and if there's no word on the trilogy for Wii U by then then I'll try and pick up ME3. I suggest this is what other people do as well.
My Youtube career kinda ended, so...I really have nothing to put here anymore...
ThePokekid78

Postby K-tet » 11 Nov 2012, 14:25

Was never interested in it earlier on in the year and still am not interested in it now. While I'll admit it is an interesting addition to the Wii U library, the fact that the Mass Effect Trilogy is only going to be on the other systems is a dire move on EA's part. If anything, they should at least make the first two games available as a digital download via the eShop to soften the blow a little.

I see no point in this game series on a Nintendo platform. It wasn't on one before, and now that they've decided to put the final version on Wii U (and whether that'll remain an exclusive to Wii U I seriously doubt), I just don't see the point. I'm a glass half-full kind of guy, the more games on Wii U, the better publicity and exposure the Wii U gets, but this isn't Arkham City Armoured Edition we're talking about, it's Mass Effect 3, and to me, there is a difference. Arguably, you can debate among yourselves as to which is the superior game, but with the way ACAA has been showcased, that to me is how a port should be done.

Forgive me being sceptical, but I'll save my money for another game.
K-tet

Postby deKay » 12 Nov 2012, 11:10

Looks great, but having played 1 on the 360 (with 2 queued up on the 360 to play at some point...) it'd feel wrong to play 3 elsewhere.
Game Over, Yeah!!
deKay

Postby imbusydoctorwho » 12 Nov 2012, 12:20

I wouldn't mind it,but I'd rather wait till the price drops to around £15-£20,and then I might get it.
3DS FC: 3067-6402-2163 (please add me as I need some friends)
Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker
PSN: Crossword-Man
imbusydoctorwho

Postby thenintendoer » 12 Nov 2012, 19:39

to be honest if there only going to relase the 3rd one then it should be given a reduced price given how cheap it is on other consoles and that the trilogy set will be around the price of one game
thenintendoer