Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

10 more stages that need to be in Smash Bros Wii U

Comment on site articles.

Pullblox, Skyloft and lots more...

Back in July, ONM forum member Zabba2 wrote about five stages that need to be in Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS. Why stop there? We now that Sakurai thinks that Brawl reached the limit in terms on content for a Smash Bros game but he'd have to be a bit Scrooge-like to only give us five measly stages when Brawl featured over 30. With that in mind, here are ten stages that we think should be in the next Smash Bros games.

... read more

Postby LavaTwilight » 10 Nov 2012, 10:47

I love the Bowser's Airship idea! With the exception of Mario Kart for the DS, this stage hasn't really been utilised properly. I think the same about Boo's ghosthouse (though it has seen more use with Mario Kart for the SNES and N64). They're long overdue for a Smash Bros stage of ghosthouse or airship.
Skyloft and Wuhu Island I should imagine are must-haves and would be stupid not to be implemented in the next SSB, although I've never liked the idea of Miis in Smash Bros. The mechanics would be clunky compared to the others and I just don't see how it would work, unless you have a dedicated 'rule' where only miis were allowed and then the programming rules were also different then yeah I guess it might work... but not to have as a selectable character at any time.
There should be a Pacman stage but I dunno what you meant in your article. The others are just kinda MEH.

With the SSBB stage editor I loved making one where all the ledges were a unique Tetrimino. I would love something like that, maybe instead of them being static, theyre falling slowly (characters caught underneath receive damage and a blown far) and can act as ledges for characters to climb up... but of course they shift and flip, eventually landing at the bottom... it's not all random so when a line is complete they vanish.
I'd like to see an improved Luigi's Mansion level, as well as a new course or two for F-Zero. The schematics of the level doesn't have to change, just the course they're zooming around on.
LavaTwilight

Postby HyrulianToad » 10 Nov 2012, 10:50

A mario airship level with snes graphics would be awesome espescially if it was scrolling.
A Skyloft level is almost definitely going to happen.
HyrulianToad

Postby Lew3107 » 10 Nov 2012, 11:01

I agree with a lot of these, but:
- If Mega Man made it, I think the Gesellschaft would be a better stage. It could start inside the ship and then move players outside into the wind, causing similar effects to the Balloon Fighter Stage.
- If Namco have one character, I'd hope to high heaven that it isn't Pac-Man or Mr. Driller, and that it's Lloyd from Tales of Symphonia. His stage could be the Tower of Salvation.

Here's some stages I'd like to see:
- Murasame Castle. After Nintendo Land, loads of people will have heard of Takamaru, but won't actually know who he is. I think he should be a character in the game, and his stage could be the top of a castle with changing weather effects.
- Sword Valley. Xenoblade Chronicles is one of the Wii's highest rated games, and Shulk could be a versatile character. The Mechon could attack you on this stage, and their broken parts could be used as weapons.
- Urban Ruins. After Saki was an assist trophy in Brawl - and arguably should've been playable - Sin and Punishment is long overdue a real representation in the game. Isa could be playable, and this stage could give a tour of the first level in Star Successor.
Nintendo Network ID: Lew3107
Lew3107

Re: 10 more stages that need to be in Smash Bros Wii U

Postby Herbert_Rarr » 10 Nov 2012, 11:18

I really like the idea of a big Pullblox puzzle with platforms that move forward and backwards - causing players to fall off the stage - when a NPC/Gamepad controlled non-interactive Mallo pulls/pushes them while walking around the stage, making it easier to know when the platforms are about to move.
And then what about Fallblox?
Free Nintendo points codes, 3DS and Wii U eShop codes, and many others here: http://lootpalace.com/?ref=182952. Guaranteed not a scam. PM me for more info.
Herbert_Rarr

Postby shy guy 64 » 10 Nov 2012, 11:30

some good choices there (and some daft ones)
life, don't talk to me about life
I'm being incredibly clever and there's no one standing around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?
shy guy 64

Postby epiclink » 10 Nov 2012, 11:49

I like the idea of the Skyloft stage and i have an idea that every 12 seconds a bird will come in and try to hit the player out of the screen.
EPICLINK! IT'S LINK BUT MORE EPIC!

THINKS HE FOUND TOTAKA'S SONG ON BRAWL

but he doesn't know if he's RIGHT or WRONG.
epiclink

Postby CptMidget » 10 Nov 2012, 17:22

Maybe Wuhu Island could be like Delfino Island on Brawl taking you round to different landmarks such as Mt Tenga-something and The Lighthouse.
CptMidget

Postby linkfinity » 10 Nov 2012, 18:01

Xenoblade is full of great stages already, imagine scraping it out on the landing pads of agrinithia, or battling in front of makana falls, the list could go on... also it would give the game great music, not that it's at all lacking in that field mind.
linkfinity

Postby KingoftheSocks » 10 Nov 2012, 22:23

I like the idea of the balloon fight one, but the Mechonis arm from Xenoblade would be awesome, in the background the Bionis and the Mechonis could be battling each other, no gimmicks just plain awesome

Then again, if the gimmicks are done well then please put them in, bridge of eldins was nice but simple and classic corneria with all the ships and lasers was awesome,

but I would like to see some Wii U games, Lego City undercover anyone, with defino plaza like swooping around the city, how bout rayman legends, with the music changing when someone got hit or ko'd

tanks, tanks tanks, were the battleground is literally the tanks, you stand on top of them and fight whilst they go around having tanklike endevours

but best of all, best of all how bout... bit trip runner, you fight on the trail the commandervideo leaves, and have to dodge all the obsticles as well as fighting, or you could just play a game of who can stay on the longest
KaptainKrauser: Bring on the Asockalypse.

Credit to liberal for the sig
Steam: chronofighter PSN:KingofheSocks
KingoftheSocks

Postby me4ndubz » 10 Nov 2012, 22:30

the skyloft stage looks awesome on the Project M ssbb mod
me4ndubz

Postby Starman64O » 10 Nov 2012, 22:48

KingoftheSocks wrote:I like the idea of the balloon fight one, but the Mechonis arm from Xenoblade would be awesome, in the background the Bionis and the Mechonis could be battling each other, no gimmicks just plain awesome

Then again, if the gimmicks are done well then please put them in, bridge of eldins was nice but simple and classic corneria with all the ships and lasers was awesome,

but I would like to see some Wii U games, Lego City undercover anyone, with defino plaza like swooping around the city, how bout rayman legends, with the music changing when someone got hit or ko'd

tanks, tanks tanks, were the battleground is literally the tanks, you stand on top of them and fight whilst they go around having tanklike endevours

but best of all, best of all how bout... bit trip runner, you fight on the trail the commandervideo leaves, and have to dodge all the obsticles as well as fighting, or you could just play a game of who can stay on the longest

Excellent Xenoblade Ideas. I cna imagine the perfect stage, Fallen Arm. You fight beneath the Two Titans who come to life and make huge waves and debris hit the stage!
3DS friend code is 4596-9551-4435

'If you bully a fish on its inability to climb a tree
it will live out the rest of its life blaming itself for being incompetent'

A bit like introducing a Noob to EV training then?
Starman64O

Postby LBDNytetrayn » 10 Nov 2012, 23:09

LavaTwilight wrote:Skyloft and Wuhu Island I should imagine are must-haves and would be stupid not to be implemented in the next SSB, although I've never liked the idea of Miis in Smash Bros. The mechanics would be clunky compared to the others and I just don't see how it would work, unless you have a dedicated 'rule' where only miis were allowed and then the programming rules were also different then yeah I guess it might work... but not to have as a selectable character at any time.

I don't see why Miss would have to be different from anyone else.

Anyway, I like these ideas, especially Skyloft, the Airship, the Ghost House, and Wuhu Island. Oh, and Balloon Fight, of course. They already had the fish in the Ice Climbers stage for Brawl, so they're partway there!

I'd love to see Super Mario Galaxy's Comet Observatory as a stage as well.

Regarding the Miiverse, I think it would be great if it used your actual Mii friends and things actually going on, rather than some generic version which might have games you don't even play or something. Similarly, I think if Animal Crossing came first on Wii U, it would be great if the background reflected your actual town.
ImageImageImageImage
LBDNytetrayn

Postby Xenobladeperson » 10 Nov 2012, 23:28

Colony 9
Nintendo Ninja wrote:Never fear everything can be resolved by a large amount of violence
Xenobladeperson

Postby LavaTwilight » 11 Nov 2012, 00:51

Lew3107 wrote:- Murasame Castle. After Nintendo Land, loads of people will have heard of Takamaru, but won't actually know who he is. I think he should be a character in the game, and his stage could be the top of a castle with changing weather effects.

That is one good idea.
LavaTwilight

Postby cheatmaster30 » 11 Nov 2012, 01:26

You know what there really needs to be? A Bowser's Castle stage. Now that is overdue for a Super Smash Bros appearance.

I do like the items on the list though. An airship would be neat, as would Skyloft, a Wuhu Island level and a Mega Man stage.
A Good Nintendo 3DS Forum
Someone I'm friends with owns the above.
Want Super Mario 3D Land news and info? Click here
Proud subscriber, Waluigious writer, game modder, world record attempter and ex glitch hunter.
cheatmaster30

Postby the_yoshimaster » 11 Nov 2012, 02:54

the first stage and the last 3 i dont think should work because to me, it just doesn't fit but all the others are pretty good idea's
the_yoshimaster

Postby the_yoshimaster » 11 Nov 2012, 02:54

the first stage and the last 3 i dont think should work because to me, it just doesn't fit but all the others are pretty good idea's
the_yoshimaster

Postby Xikelle » 11 Nov 2012, 13:02

When I saw the part regarding Skyloft that said:
Add a couple of Loftwings to save players from falling

I was reminded of how the daylight changed over time in some stages, so I thought, that could happen during the day, but at night...(Yeah, I know the Knights had those head-lamp things, but it seems like it could be interesting to have that shift...well, lower the chances at least...)
Heh, reminds of finding out the rules regarding when and where it's okay to jump off Skyloft for the first time.
Rock on, girl gamers.
Some of the greatest games, have some of the greatest music.
Xikelle

Postby Starman64O » 11 Nov 2012, 17:39

Xenobladeperson wrote:Colony 9

I like the sound of that. Perhaps taking place on one of the Shores with the Colony behind. As the fight progresses, Monsters such as Krabbles could wander onto the stage causing a minor nuisance, as well as the occasional warning siren which activates the Turrets to shoot debris, only some of it lands on the stage.
Finally, the sky fills with smoke, and Mechon start falling from the Sky attacking the Players. They are relatively easy to beat, but then Metal Face flies into the foreground from the sky and swipes at the Fighters, until he flies away and it all returns to Normal.

I can imagine a mad, awesome stage like that!

As for Skyloft, what about the stage shifting to the Silent Realm?
Here, the fight is restricted to two or three safe zones. Going out of them will lead to the Guardians springing to Life and swiftly attacking the escaped fighter, dealing super damage (think the Chimera in New Pork City)
The stage returns to normal after the Tears of Light fall from the sky and are collected.

I need to stop thinking too far ahead

Starman64O

Postby VinceLovesToast » 11 Nov 2012, 18:41

I would like Ns castle or team plasma frigade
VinceLovesToast

Postby MartinIsAwesome » 12 Nov 2012, 11:26

I love lots of those ideas, in particular Skyloft, Wuhu Island and Bowser's Airship.
As someone else suggested, the Wuhu Island stage could be a lot like Delfino Plaza in Brawl. To make it more intesting though, it would be nice if there was more hazards. For example, as you move to the Tennis Courts, the stage gets pummeled with tennis balls, or prehaps you get a dog running across the stage when you get to beach as it chases a flying frisbee.
Please check out my video game inspired t-shirt deigns over on RedBubble!
Featured Designs: SAMUS/ARAN | Luigi - Ridin' Dirty | Another MOTHER - Ness & Lucas (variations available)
MartinIsAwesome
ONM Moderator

Postby Pyron12 » 12 Nov 2012, 17:42

We need a better Sonic stage than Green Hill Zone. We need something that is very interesting and different like Crisis City from Sonic 2006. It could work like the Classic Sonic stage with the mushroom kingdom stage (i.e. a battle for survival) and occasionally, pillar of fire will engulf players if they aren't quick enough. Players have to deal with spikes, jump pads, and common obstacles in the Sonic series.
Friend Code: 3780-9511-6018
Pyron12

Postby Starman64O » 12 Nov 2012, 20:29

Pyron12 wrote:We need a better Sonic stage than Green Hill Zone. We need something that is very interesting and different like Crisis City from Sonic 2006. It could work like the Classic Sonic stage with the mushroom kingdom stage (i.e. a battle for survival) and occasionally, pillar of fire will engulf players if they aren't quick enough. Players have to deal with spikes, jump pads, and common obstacles in the Sonic series.

Perhaps a Sonic Generations Stage, a revamped version of Green Hill, which changes as Time Portals swallow the stagae, turning it into the Emerlad Hill Zone, then the Mushroom Hill Zone, and several other First Stages.
Last edited by Starman64O on 07 Sep 2013, 21:53, edited 1 time in total.

Starman64O

Postby Nintendalek42 » 14 Nov 2012, 14:58

I agree with those stages, they would all be cool. I especially like Pullblox, I had that idea myself (me and millions of people probably). I also want a Mario Galaxy stage, preferably like Delfino Plaza but on the Comet Observatory, A Rhythm Paradise stage similar to Wario Ware, and a Pyoro stage. Seriously, I will be dissapointed if there's no Pyoro stage. It would be great, with disappearing platforms, a bird moving frantically about in the Background, and having only the Pink Fruit in the Foreground (hitting players) or it would be too difficult to stay alive.
Nintendalek42

Postby Mew3 » 17 Nov 2012, 10:53

VinceLovesToast wrote:I would like Ns castle or team plasma frigade

Yeah, the N's castle thing could be set in that room with all the toys and after a certain amount of time zekrom and reshiram could break through the wall and start fighting.
Also I want to see more music like What Im Made Of (listen to it, its great), it was a shame that it wasn't featured in brawl :cry:
Mew3

Next