Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

Pokedex 3D Pro: The Verdict

Comment on site articles.

Marti Bennett recommends that fans download the Pokemon app

I liked the idea of Pokedex 3D but seeing as it only featured the new Unova region monsters, there was something missing. I had always hoped for a complete version featuring every Pokemon so I was very pleased when Pokedex 3D Pro was announced.

... read more

Pokedex 3D Pro: The Verdict

Postby abovethewell » 10 Nov 2012, 10:58

Enjoyed using the first one and am definitely getting this one using an eshop card for my birthday, but When you can get 2 or 3 decent eshop games for that price, I can see why some people will find it hard to justify the price. :)
I should probably insert some witty or meaningful piece of text here.
abovethewell

Re: Pokedex 3D Pro: The Verdict

Postby ThePokekid78 » 10 Nov 2012, 11:02

Meh...not saying it looks bad, but the 1st one was kinda pointless and I would never pay £14 for this...
My Youtube career kinda ended, so...I really have nothing to put here anymore...
ThePokekid78

Postby K-tet » 10 Nov 2012, 11:13

Whether you recommend it to us or not is irrelevant. You've already covered it and agreed with us, it's not worth £13.49. It never has been worth £13.49 irrespective of what features it has. I don't feel comfortable buying a fancy database for that price, because at the end of the day, that's what it is, a fancy database.

Until Nintendo have a sale on it when there's not something far more important to save up for (e.g. Wii U) or reduce the price to £7.99 at most, I won't be buying it. Plain and simple.
K-tet

Postby King Slazo » 10 Nov 2012, 12:12

Marti wrote:There would have been a lot of development behind the scenes to make all those models.

I could be wrong here, but that Bulbasaur looks a dead ringer for the Battle Revolution model. Which, if I'm right, would mean that the only new models they needed to make were the Gen5 Pokémon not in the original Pokédex 3D.

But no. Its not worth £13.50. Not even close. All of the information is avaliable on the internet, for free, along with a myraid of Pokémon quizzes, arguably some of which will be far better. When one of the things you have to praise is "they change the position of answers" it speaks depths about how desperate you have to be to find a positive.

This is a bigger ripoff than Typing Adventure, and that's saying something. You say this is a recommendation to every Pokémon fan? I'd say you'd have to be a moron who'd buy anything just because it has the word "Pokémon" on it to stump up for this.
~ if we make it through the night we'll watch the morning sun ~ endless tweetnobabble
King Slazo
ONM Moderator

Postby Serebii » 10 Nov 2012, 13:40

King Slazo wrote:
Marti wrote:There would have been a lot of development behind the scenes to make all those models.

I could be wrong here, but that Bulbasaur looks a dead ringer for the Battle Revolution model. Which, if I'm right, would mean that the only new models they needed to make were the Gen5 Pokémon not in the original Pokédex 3D.

But no. Its not worth £13.50. Not even close. All of the information is avaliable on the internet, for free, along with a myraid of Pokémon quizzes, arguably some of which will be far better. When one of the things you have to praise is "they change the position of answers" it speaks depths about how desperate you have to be to find a positive.

This is a bigger ripoff than Typing Adventure, and that's saying something. You say this is a recommendation to every Pokémon fan? I'd say you'd have to be a moron who'd buy anything just because it has the word "Pokémon" on it to stump up for this.

You are wrong. All models were redone as evidence by the two dozen 3D modelers listed in the credits. The reason they may look similar is that they are of the same source material and following a similar art style, but the models are ABSOLUTELY redone and you can tell when you use this utility.

Typing Adventure isn't a ripoff either. Everyone who has played it has said it's fun and it comes with a free bluetooth keyboard. Hardly a ripoff
Serebii

Postby King Slazo » 10 Nov 2012, 13:59

My bad there then on the models.

But still, there's a difference between "fun" and paying £40 for a lame game and a bluetooth keyboard. I'm sure the quizzes in this are a laugh, doesn't mean I'm going to pay £13.50 for the priviledge. When I want to do Pokémon typing games, here's a ton of them, and when I desperately need to know something Pokémon related, I'll just head over to Bulbapedia or your own website for what I need.
~ if we make it through the night we'll watch the morning sun ~ endless tweetnobabble
King Slazo
ONM Moderator

Postby Commandervideo » 10 Nov 2012, 14:14

^^^ tbh the art style for battle revolution wasn't great, the PP3D art style is perfect.

And the animmations are quality and some even funny, check out Haunter, Lickatung, Slowbro and the mental animation of Kangaskhan. Plus some animtions could easily be used as attack animations for gen 6, like Mewtwo and Raikou's.
My Colors!3D Gallery
THE BEST EQUALS = MK7 + SSBB + SM64
Commandervideo

Postby fisher2007 » 10 Nov 2012, 16:03

I'm not but paying £13.49 it's expensive and i wait price goes down i hope.

also anyone download this but be insane pay that price and I'm sorry saying to you but it's the truth.

:(
fisher2007

Postby Ningamer » 10 Nov 2012, 20:37

I'd really like to get this, but £13.49 to see the 3D models, quizzes and the AR Viewer just seems like far too much. I wouldn't ever use the Pokédex function itself since if I ever need to know about any moves I can just head over to Serebii or Bulbapedia (Who will give me a much more detailed answer anyway), and you can't open the Pokédex mid-game so you'd have to exit out of whatever you're playing completely.

If this were under £10 I may consider it, but it seems that Nintendo can't wrap their head around digital download pricing.
So you wanna be a master of...
POKÉMON!
Do you have the skills to be...
NUM-BER ONE?!
Ningamer

Postby Tamzily01 » 10 Nov 2012, 20:40

£13.49 is a little ostentatious in terms of price. Knock about £10 off and it'll be much more appealing. Won't stop me from getting it though. :P
Looking to get into Pathfinder RPG
3DS: 0688-5598-6231 NNID: RedGuard587
ImageImage
Youtube Tumblr Twitter
Tamzily01

Postby me4ndubz » 10 Nov 2012, 22:34

i guess if you're a hardcore pokemon fan you won't care about the price but there's so many other games i wanna get so i'll have to give this one a miss
me4ndubz

Postby AtomAtton » 10 Nov 2012, 22:59

I go downstairs on Friday morning and open up eShop. I see that Pokedex 3D Pro is out. "Awesome! They released it. Okay, let's buy this thing... Oh, I wonder what the price is. They Never sa..." I see the price tag. "What!? Wow, forget this! I ain't spending that much money on an app that I've practically got already!". Yeah, I'm sorry, but there's no way I'm gonna pay almost £14 just to look at some 3D models and do some quizzes. I think £5-£8 is far more reasonable.
AtomAtton

Postby fisher2007 » 10 Nov 2012, 23:27

me4ndubz wrote:i guess if you're a hardcore pokemon fan you won't care about the price but there's so many other games i wanna get so i'll have to give this one a miss

yeah but still it's not worth that price and if did get it don't enough on the balance and it's £5.97 last thing's i brought was speedx 3d,pokemon dream rader that's mean's i have to get £10 then it be £15.97

also i do like take ar picture's and do story's.
fisher2007

Postby CraigEmberson » 11 Nov 2012, 09:39

I still wouldn't say it's worth £14, seeing as it is intended as an app. Also, the robot like voice IS the original Pokedex voice :)
Craig-E
CraigEmberson

Postby Da_Epic_Fail » 11 Nov 2012, 12:52

If they reduce the price I may get it, but as people have said, the information is available for free on the internet.
However, if it's anything like the old Pokédex 3D, the main problem for me is that it won't be very practical as you have to quit your Pokémon game to go on the Pokédex. It's less hassle to go on to the internet while still playing or your copy of BW/BW2.
Da_Epic_Fail

Postby Nickario » 12 Nov 2012, 23:15

I'll have to say, when I saw that price tag for this I was short of being shocked. I did accept that they would charge for it with the whole roster of Pokemon and other new features, I was expecting a price of £3-£5, then I see they slap another tenner on top of that. Yeah I'll be waiting for a hopeful sale/price slash (though I'm not hopeful, I can only think of one sale in my memory on the eShop over the year and a half I've had my 3DS).
The Silver Aura Lucario!
Nickario

Postby Wii U Gamer » 15 Nov 2012, 21:48

i am not getting at that price
name:WiiU Gamer(colin)
3dsFriendCode:2621-3945-0343
WiiFriendCode:7094-8986-3424-1530
MarioKartWiiFriendCode:3397-1086-5618
pm me if you add me please please add me i go on letter box a lot and mk7 online & mk wii online
Wii U Gamer