Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

Best Nintendo cosplay

Comment on site articles.

Colette Barr picks her favourites from the MCM Expo

So another MCM Expo has been and gone and once again I've been on the search for some interesting and imagnative Nintendo cosplayers. Here are some of my favourites from the Expo!

... read more

Best Nintendo cosplay

Postby Pyron12 » 11 Nov 2012, 09:45

There was also someone dressed as Travis Touchdown and Sylvia from NMH there which was very good as well.
Friend Code: 3780-9511-6018
Pyron12

Re: Best Nintendo cosplay

Postby Xikelle » 11 Nov 2012, 12:49

I'm hoping to cosplay (for the first time) as Wander from Shadow of the Colossus at next year's Manchester MCM expo, and go with a friend who hasn't decided who to cosplay as yet.
I remember when I went to Gamecity6 last year, I found it odd when we suddenly started seeing people walking around wearing green hats as we got closer to where it was at.
Rock on, girl gamers.
Some of the greatest games, have some of the greatest music.
Xikelle

Postby TheNUKEnukeM » 11 Nov 2012, 12:51

I got a picture with zero suit samus and marti. I am surprised the person who was from zelda and plays the song of storms didn't get in though.
When I go out some people ask me-Hey what's with the name. Well My real surname is Newcomb. And its sounds like Nukem as in Duke Nukem the game character (never played it, im two young). So I have adopted it and put in frustrating capital letters.
TheNUKEnukeM

Postby dizzy boy » 11 Nov 2012, 16:41

i took my sister to her first MCM expo, and she was just amazed by the whole experience. i`ve been quite a few times myself, so i knew what to expect. but taking my sister reminded me of the first year i went,
although, MCM has grown massively in the past 7 years it`s always been fun and i`ve never experienced any trouble or bad attitudes in all of the times that i`ve been.
as for costumes, i remember seeing quite a few zombie cosplayers, my sister got growled at a couple of times, which was kinda funny.
i also got a couple of pictures with a group of people that went as the scooby doo crew. they really looked the part aswell.
lastly, we went over to the signing tables and met warrick davis, he works at the bank in the harry potter movies. my sister is a big harry potter fan, so i took a photo of them together, and she got his signiture too, so that really made her day.
just a shame the weather was miserable, which was the polar opposite of may`s event. but atleast it wasn`t roasting inside though.
NNID Dr_Dizzy
if you never ask, you`ll never know.
dizzy boy

Postby ninjafox » 11 Nov 2012, 16:46

Each one of these cosplayers has obviously put a lot of time into their costumes and it really shows.
Cosplaying as Luigi but adding a unique touch by having the Poltergust 3000 is a great idea. All the characters from the Zelda series looked fantastic and well done to Marti for again been inventive with her costume, who else would have thought to go as a streetpass Mii? :)
ninjafox

Postby Dan-the-Wii-man » 11 Nov 2012, 16:51

Marti that is genius
Playing Zombi U and Nintendo Land and saving to buy Paper Mario. NNID SingSongDan :D
Dan-the-Wii-man

Postby LavaTwilight » 11 Nov 2012, 18:05

I'm gonna have to go with the female mario sisters (see what I did there?) and the she-bowser. They look kool but it also could be because they're damn cute :wink:
LavaTwilight

Postby PokeMarti » 11 Nov 2012, 18:08

Dan-the-Wii-man wrote:Marti that is genius

ninjafox wrote: well done to Marti for again been inventive with her costume, who else would have thought to go as a streetpass Mii? :)

Thankyou guys :) had a lot of great comments over the weekend. Really happy people liked it.

There were some amazing Nintendo cosplayers over the weekend, shame they couldn't all be on this list :)
ONM Blogger - Twitter @martibennett
PokeMarti

Postby ZodiacXYZ » 11 Nov 2012, 18:16

I managed to get a picture with Zero Suit Samus too! She had a great costume, and all the other picks up there for that matter. My mate and I went as Kotake and Koume from Ocarina of Time and was thrilled when we found The windmill hut guy. Only about 4 people in the expo knew who we were (not including several Link cosplays XD) but it was a great saturday.
Some of my work:
I...change...
My Tyranitar
ZodiacXYZ

Postby Mmmyeah » 11 Nov 2012, 19:56

They are all fantastic, but that Zant is incredible!
Hey Reggie, where's the cats?
Mmmyeah

Postby Xenoblade Hero » 11 Nov 2012, 20:58

I'm suprised that the Entei cosplayer wasn't included in here. Either way, the Luigi cosplay looks hilarious, in a good way of course :)
Overall ONM Hunger Games Champion and winner of The ONM VGC Tour
My Youtube
Xenoblade Hero

Postby Kirby8 » 11 Nov 2012, 23:16

Xenoblade Hero wrote:I'm suprised that the Entei cosplayer wasn't included in here. Either way, the Luigi cosplay looks hilarious, in a good way of course :)

Same! And I saw an epic Suicune as well.
These are all fantastic! I love the Luigi's Mansion one. I was going to do that cosplay! Damn him *shakes fist* lol!
Also known as NintendoMad888.
2-4-6-8
what pink blob do we love not hate?
k-i-rb-y
Kirbys a blob all day and night!!!

PARAMORE ROCKS!!!
NINTENDO 4 LIFE!!
COME ON MARIO PAINT WII (OR DS???)!!!
Kirby8

Postby MartinIsAwesome » 12 Nov 2012, 10:55

These are all great, and while I didn't see any of them (probaby because I went on Sunday and spent the whole day at the Wii U Showcase), I did also see the Windmill Man and well as two equally brilliant costumes:

After getting some lunch I saw these two. You see Princess Peach quite a lot, but this one had a Chain Chomp on a leash. I have the deepest respect for anyone who wears such a claustrophobic looking costume.

Towards the end of the day I was in a rush to get home, but I couldn't leave without capturing this lady and her brilliant Syrenne costume complete with tatooed arms and intricate layered plates of armour. She told me that she was with a friend dressed as Yurick who had apparantly disappeared somewhere, and that I was one of the few people to recognise her probably due to The Last Story being only very recent and a Wii exclusive. It's a shame when such a good costume goes unrecognised.
Please check out my video game inspired t-shirt deigns over on RedBubble!
Featured Designs: SAMUS/ARAN | Luigi - Ridin' Dirty | Another MOTHER - Ness & Lucas (variations available)
MartinIsAwesome
ONM Moderator

Postby sciqueen » 12 Nov 2012, 18:52

That's the scariest Raichu ever.
sciqueen

Postby goldtanooki » 12 Nov 2012, 21:31

At first I thought Marti was a phantom from Zelda: Stirit Tracks!
Pignite The Fight!
3DS Friend Code: 2449 - 5158 - 7486
PM Me If You Friended Me
goldtanooki

Postby The_BAAD_Man » 13 Nov 2012, 09:59

Cool costume, Marti! :)

The Zelda ones are excellent, as is Zero Suit Samus!
I'd rather move around and be, than figure out life and what it means.

My video game blog! - http://pixelbasedworld.blogspot.com
The_BAAD_Man

Postby KingoftheSocks » 13 Nov 2012, 10:34

Xikelle wrote:I'm hoping to cosplay (for the first time) as Wander from Shadow of the Colossus.

Damn you that's my idea,

Okay, then. I've got a pretty good Ness costume though
KaptainKrauser: Bring on the Asockalypse.

Credit to liberal for the sig
Steam: chronofighter PSN:KingofheSocks
KingoftheSocks

Postby DamienWashington » 14 Nov 2012, 04:17

i was the lt surge in the first picture, was an epic weekend a saw loads of nintendo cosplayers, some brill pics here too well done,
sciqueen wrote:That's the scariest Raichu ever.

oh and sciqueen that raichu costume was hand made by the girl weariing it, couldn't have been that scary the kids loved it.
DamienWashington