Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

Wii U eShop to feature game demos in Japan

Comment on site articles.

It sounds very much like the 3DS eShop

The Wii U eShop will feature game demos in Japan. Nintendo's Japanese website features the first details on Nintendo's digital store and, as in the 3DS eShop, it seems you'll be able to try some games before you buy.

... read more

Wii U eShop to feature game demos in Japan

Postby deKay » 12 Nov 2012, 11:06

Being able to download a game while you play is good, but the 360 did get there 7 years ago with this "exciting new feature" :)

Shame my internet connection won't cope with anything but the very smallest of downloads :(
Game Over, Yeah!!
deKay

Re: Wii U eShop to feature game demos in Japan

Postby shy guy 64 » 12 Nov 2012, 11:28

they confirmed wii u demos ages ago
life, don't talk to me about life
I'm being incredibly clever and there's no one standing around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?
shy guy 64

Postby MartinIsAwesome » 12 Nov 2012, 12:13

The Miiverse comments actually sounds great. I've looked at games on the 3DS eShop and while they have a star based rating system based on user's "reviews", I feel it doesn't give me enough information about the game and what's good about it. Getting to read actual comments and opinions from users will be very helpful in making a decision.
Please check out my video game inspired t-shirt deigns over on RedBubble!
Featured Designs: Castle Crashers Four-Square | Luigi - Ridin' Dirty | Another MOTHER - Ness & Lucas (variations available)
MartinIsAwesome
ONM Moderator

Postby KairiZero » 12 Nov 2012, 13:18

"The Wii U eShop is reported to have one exciting new feature though - the ability to download content while you're playing a game. Nice."

Although it isn't exactly a "new" feature, this was something which irked me about downloading 3DS demos, and I did wonder whether or not the system on the Wii U would be similar in the way you can't navigate elsewhere on the console whilst downloading any kind of content. This is a massive plus point for me if I'm honest - its just one of those little details which often isn't thought about, and its good that Nintendo have implemented such a system.

As wolves among sheep we wander
KairiZero

Postby Mr Roboto » 12 Nov 2012, 19:51

I hope the background downloading feature is true as it is handy. Game demos and videos are standard now days like on PS3 and 360. Nintendo had no choice but to include those features.
Mr Roboto

Postby KairiZero » 13 Nov 2012, 22:15

I would definitely like to be able to click a download, and carry on playing elsewhere - make use of that gamepad screen and have it downloading as a little progress bar at the bottom of the display? that would be a fantastic touch!

As wolves among sheep we wander
KairiZero