Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

3DS eShop games of the week - Fallblox, Virtue's Last Reward

Comment on site articles.

Will Fallblox be the 3DS eShop game of the year?

There is no doubt what the highlight of the 3DS eShop this week. Fallblox, the sequel to Pullblox, the best 3DS eShop game ever, will be available to download on Thursday. It will be joined in the eShop by Johnny Hotshot, Ninja Gaiden and DSiWare game Magical Whip. You can also download a Virtue's Last Reward demo. New Style Boutique will also be available to download from Friday 16 November.

... read more

Postby Herbert_Rarr » 12 Nov 2012, 12:56

Just Fallblox for me this week then :)
Free Nintendo points codes, 3DS and Wii U eShop codes, and many others here: http://lootpalace.com/?ref=182952. Guaranteed not a scam. PM me for more info.
Herbert_Rarr

Postby MJTH » 12 Nov 2012, 13:00

Fallblox (3DS: Nintendo, £7.19)

£1.80 more then the original. I'll still be buying it and I guess it could of been priced even more/worse, but I can't say I like a 33% increase in price.

On a lighter note, I can't wait for Ikachan coming soon, I may also get crimson shroud when that come outs, but I need to see more gameplay of that first.
Something's coming up the plumbing, poor Luigi's in a bind. Giant turtles are out to get him, Creepy Crabs are right behind. Spiders, flies. Jeepers! Yikes!, They're coming out the pipes. "MARIO! WHERE ARE YOU!!!"
MJTH

Re: 3DS eShop games of the week - Fallblox, Virtue's Last Re

Postby imbusydoctorwho » 12 Nov 2012, 13:02

Will be downloading the demo,as Virtue's Last Reward looks pretty good.
3DS FC: 3067-6402-2163 (please add me as I need some friends)
Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker
PSN: Crossword-Man
imbusydoctorwho

Postby deKay » 12 Nov 2012, 13:23

Fallblox fo' sho'.

I thought Virtue's Last Reward was a sort of visual novel, like 999 and Hotel Dusk? You don't get many text adventures on consoles :)
Game Over, Yeah!!
deKay

Postby fisher2007 » 12 Nov 2012, 14:15

I don't enough for Fallblox and it's £5.97 on the balance.

and also Will be downloading the demo,as Virtue's Last Reward looks good.
come to my world and i will project you from bad souls and I'm the ninja pirate master.

3DS FC is 0130-1987-2452 If you add me then please PM me
fisher2007

Postby MartinIsAwesome » 12 Nov 2012, 14:21

I've downloaded most demos on teh eShop so far so I'll probably try Virtue's Last Reward too. I do like interactive mysteries anyway so I should like this.
That reminds me, I must get Ninja Gaiden at some point. Now that there's a portable option, I don't know whether to get it a little cheaper on the Wii, or play it anywhere on my 3DS...

Also, that Magical Whip looks surprisingly good for a DSi game. It reminds me of those old school games like Rainbow Islands. My only concern is that such a cheap price is reflective of the length or quality.
Last edited by MartinIsAwesome on 12 Nov 2012, 14:27, edited 1 time in total.
Please check out my video game inspired t-shirt deigns over on RedBubble!
Featured Designs: SAMUS/ARAN | Luigi - Ridin' Dirty | Another MOTHER - Ness & Lucas (variations available)
MartinIsAwesome
ONM Moderator

Postby deKay » 12 Nov 2012, 14:26

Really need to get 999 before I play VLR. I never bought it as for some reason I thought it was like TWEWY (which I never actually liked, I'm afraid). No idea why I thought this.

But, since I loved Hotel Dusk and Another Code and those sorts of things, I now really want it.

Problem is, it's now Nearing Christmas So Don't Buy Any Games Or You Might Get Them Again For Christmas season, so probably won't get it for a while.

(thankfully Wii U games I've already ordered are exempt from this :P)
Game Over, Yeah!!
deKay

Postby Commandervideo » 12 Nov 2012, 15:09

Fallblox £7.20! Ahhhh! They would up the price.
No NightSky :(
Hurry up Cave Story & EscapeVektor :evil:

MJTH wrote:I can't wait for Ikachan coming soon

As long as they add to it and it's cheap Ikachan should be good
My Colors!3D Gallery
THE BEST EQUALS = MK7 + SSBB + SM64
Commandervideo

Postby deKay » 12 Nov 2012, 15:16

Nnooo have said escapeVektor "may" be out before Christmas but I wouldn't hold your breath!
Game Over, Yeah!!
deKay

Postby bilboboy » 12 Nov 2012, 17:10

I played 999 a couple of weeks ago in preparation for Zero Escape: Virtue's last reward and have to say it was one of the best games on the DS. An amazing story with deep and complex characters, just a brilliant game. So totally pumped for this!
bilboboy

Postby TenTen » 12 Nov 2012, 17:15

Yes! I can't wait to try VLR. I would download fallblox, but if I get it, I can't get sticker star. I also hope Ikachan comes out soon, shouldn't be too expensive.I think Cave Story + is also coming out this month, even though I have the 3D version, I'll probably get it anyway.
TenTen

Postby HyrulianToad » 12 Nov 2012, 17:57

Don't think I'll get Fallbox just yet , there'll probably be be a price cut at some point any way. I have a question, how come you review games before they come out but not Eshop games? :?:
HyrulianToad

Postby MatthewONM » 12 Nov 2012, 18:03

HyrulianToad wrote:Don't think I'll get Fallbox just yet , there'll probably be be a price cut at some point any way. I have a question, how come you review games before they come out but not Eshop games? :?:

Because eShop games only exist in digital forms, their developers don't have them on carts/discs for us to use with our review units. Also, we don't know (and neither do many devs) when games are arriving until the week of release, which doesn't give us much time to react. Hope that clears this up.

Oh, and everyone here should try Virtue's Last Reward. Currently giving Kid Icarus a run for its money as my 3DS game of the year...
MatthewONM
ONM Staff

Postby CyberGW » 12 Nov 2012, 18:07

Fallblox is a reasonable price. That's good.
Still won't be buying it until after Christmas though, got lots of White 2 stuff to clear up! :D
MatthewONM wrote:Oh, and everyone here should try Virtue's Last Reward. Currently giving Kid Icarus a run for its money as my 3DS game of the year...

Really? Wow! I was going to download the demo but I definitely am now. You never now, my 3DS birthday on 15th December may get a new game involved. Then it's Wii U Christmas!
Ahhhhh.... I love December! :D
Current Favourite Game: Tomodachi Life
Most Anticipated Game: Super Smash Bros for Nintendo 3DS
NNID: CyberGW
CyberGW

Postby goldtanooki » 12 Nov 2012, 21:35

MatthewONM wrote:
HyrulianToad wrote:Don't think I'll get Fallbox just yet , there'll probably be be a price cut at some point any way. I have a question, how come you review games before they come out but not Eshop games? :?:

Because eShop games only exist in digital forms, their developers don't have them on carts/discs for us to use with our review units. Also, we don't know (and neither do many devs) when games are arriving until the week of release, which doesn't give us much time to react. Hope that clears this up.

Oh, and everyone here should try Virtue's Last Reward. Currently giving Kid Icarus a run for its money as my 3DS game of the year...

Wow. If VLR is as good as kid icarus, then it's also as good as mine
Pignite The Fight!
3DS Friend Code: 2449 - 5158 - 7486
PM Me If You Friended Me
goldtanooki

Postby me4ndubz » 13 Nov 2012, 00:17

so glad there's a demo for virtue's last reward :D
me4ndubz

Postby vix_chan » 13 Nov 2012, 12:26

MatthewONM wrote:Oh, and everyone here should try Virtue's Last Reward. Currently giving Kid Icarus a run for its money as my 3DS game of the year...

I've got this game on Preorder.
I played threw 999 and got all endings in preperation for this. So cant wait to try the Demo =3

Only question i have to ask (Very Important)
There has been problems with the American Version of VLR, When players save the game in a certan Puzzle Room it can corrupt your Saved Data and you have to play over again (even loseing some endings you've unlocked in some cases)
I was wondering if Rising Star has fixed this for the UK version?

Also, it is truely just Japanese Dialog for the UK ver, or has RS changed it to also contain the American Dub?
Thanks for the votes everyone.
vix_chan

Postby deKay » 13 Nov 2012, 12:30

I'd be surprised if it wasn't fixed for the UK version.

I'd prefer Japanese voices with subtitles if that's an option!
Game Over, Yeah!!
deKay

Postby MatthewONM » 13 Nov 2012, 12:34

vix_chan wrote:Only question i have to ask (Very Important)
There has been problems with the American Version of VLR, When players save the game in a certan Puzzle Room it can corrupt your Saved Data and you have to play over again (even loseing some endings you've unlocked in some cases)
I was wondering if Rising Star has fixed this for the UK version?

Also, it is truely just Japanese Dialog for the UK ver, or has RS changed it to also contain the American Dub?

I can't say whether or not Rising Star have fixed it, but I didn't encounter the problem in my playthrough. But then I can't remember saving in the puzzle room in question. And yes, it's just the Japanese voice acting in the UK version, but I kind of like it that way - it adds to the slightly alienating atmosphere that the director is trying to conjure. And even though I can't understand what they're saying, they're suitably emotive performances that you can understand the emotions of the scenes.
MatthewONM
ONM Staff

Postby deKay » 13 Nov 2012, 12:37

MatthewONM wrote:
vix_chan wrote: And yes, it's just the Japanese voice acting in the UK version,

Excellent news.
Game Over, Yeah!!
deKay

Postby vix_chan » 13 Nov 2012, 21:42

I myself dont mind that the game is just in japanese with english subs (I myself would be happy with the bleeps like in the old 999) but i do think that it may put some people off.
i just hope that people try the demo and realise what a mind blowing game it will be.
Thanks for the votes everyone.
vix_chan

Postby MartinIsAwesome » 14 Nov 2012, 12:25

vix_chan wrote:I myself dont mind that the game is just in japanese with english subs (I myself would be happy with the bleeps like in the old 999) but i do think that it may put some people off.
i just hope that people try the demo and realise what a mind blowing game it will be.

I find it depends on the performance. I've played Muramasa which features exclusively Japanese voice acting, but the performances are natural and great. Then again, I've watched some anime in Japanese with subs and found some of the more high-pitched and shouty performances very annoying. That's why it's great having the luxury of a demo to help make up my mind about it.
Please check out my video game inspired t-shirt deigns over on RedBubble!
Featured Designs: SAMUS/ARAN | Luigi - Ridin' Dirty | Another MOTHER - Ness & Lucas (variations available)
MartinIsAwesome
ONM Moderator