Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 3D review - 38/40 in Famistu

Comment on site articles.

The best Pokemon spin off ever?

The first Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 3DS review has landed in Famitsu magazine. The Japanese magazine has given Magnagate and the Infinite Labyrinth a whopping 38/40.

... read more

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 3D review - 38/40 in Famistu

Postby Commandervideo » 14 Nov 2012, 10:32

Surely there being a touch generous with that score, it seems too good to be true. :shock:

Bring on PMD! :D
My Colors!3D Gallery
THE BEST EQUALS = MK7 + SSBB + SM64
Commandervideo

Re: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 3D review - 38/40 in Famistu

Postby King Slazo » 14 Nov 2012, 10:39

To be fair, Famitsu are rather generous with their scores thesedays, so a high score from them isn't surprising, especially given a few of their definitions of "perfect" games...
~ if we make it through the night we'll watch the morning sun ~ endless tweetnobabble
King Slazo
ONM Moderator

Postby tomonm » 14 Nov 2012, 11:14

Still surprising to see a 38/40 for a spin off though
tomonm
ONM Staff

Postby pokemaniac 212 » 14 Nov 2012, 11:54

Can't say I expected this, but to get such high scores has pushed my anticipation level so much higher. The previous games are comfortably the best spin-offs going in my opinion, and if this one is so highly rated then this has gone right to the top of my most wanted list.
LGonm: poke you're so [removed] liberal
pokemaniac 212
ONM Moderator

Postby SirMime » 14 Nov 2012, 12:19

Never usually been a fan of the Mystery Dungeon games, but this one looks really good. Hope we do get it over here :D
SirMime

Postby deKay » 14 Nov 2012, 13:11

Seems Animal Crossing: New Leaf got 39/40 too. Has that been reported yet?
Game Over, Yeah!!
deKay

Postby Pyron12 » 14 Nov 2012, 17:22

I can't wait for it in 2013/14!
38/40 = 9.5/10. That is probably a bit too generous.
Friend Code: 3780-9511-6018
Pyron12

Postby Keniahten » 14 Nov 2012, 17:40

I don't tend to like ultra high scores like that because a lot of hype tends to follow and thus when i play the game it's kind of a let down because i was expecting a game with almost no issues =S Either that or i'm subconsciously some sort of hipster XD haha it's like when Ocarina of Time 3D came out (i do like zelda, it's just that i didn't think it was as good as everyone said it would be (though that's for a different thread) =)
Keniahten

Postby Argenthor » 14 Nov 2012, 18:01

Famistu used to be reknown for being hard to please...

Also Conquest was claimed to be the best spin-off ever!
Argenthor

Postby master sword » 14 Nov 2012, 19:14

i still remember bawling my eyes out at the end of the other games... i hope this'll be the same :3
i will fight for:
. good reviews
. the next ONM mag
. smash bros on the 3DS
. pikmin 3
. the last bowl of pasta
master sword

Postby thenintendoer » 14 Nov 2012, 19:31

now theres a suprise :D
thenintendoer

Postby DynamicPunch202 » 14 Nov 2012, 19:55

Thats a higher score than Black and White 2! I mean, just by looking at the screenshots you can tell this will be good. But better than Black and White 2? They'd better be serious about this.
DynamicPunch202

Postby wizardgamer94 » 18 Nov 2012, 18:02

Impressive for a spin off game. I look forward to getting it over here :P On an unrelated topic, I'm probably looking too into it and I'm sure others have done this, but I think Game Freak might've included some hints that a 3rd gen remake is on the way in black/white 2. The 8th gym leader, Marlon, uses water type pokemon like Wallace, the 8th gym leader in ruby/sapphire. There are two crime gangs (they may have been the same once but still) and Gen 3 had magma and aqua. One of the cities in black/white 2 is surrounded by water. Pacifidlog town was surrounded by water! The blue and red colours on the black/white 2 box art are similar to gen 3 too. Is it coincidence or was this Game Freaks plan all along?... I'm probably crazy
wizardgamer94