Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

Nintendo release new Miiverse video

Comment on site articles.

See more of the Wii U's social network

With just four days to go until Wii U is released in the US, Nintendo has released a new video which explains Miiverse, Nintendo Network ID and the internet browser in greater depth. Take a look!

... read more

Nintendo release new Miiverse video

Postby deKay » 14 Nov 2012, 10:44

But will it blend?
Game Over, Yeah!!
deKay

Re: Nintendo release new Miiverse video

Postby BIGBUTTER » 14 Nov 2012, 11:13

Only a few more days left!!!! I CANT WAIT
BIGBUTTER

Postby anthromousiki » 14 Nov 2012, 12:14

Nintendo are staring at fruit again! what's going on?
anthromousiki

Postby Abe hikura » 14 Nov 2012, 12:26

feels like entirety between now and the 30th. had to block various parts of the video that showed off the Wii U's OS and such, so its all new

Cant wait, these features look fantastic and hopefully we dont ruin the Miiverse and by we i mean the typical 'Online gamer' stereotype that appears to of infected online games such as COD and people treating it like facebook
Abe hikura

Postby K-tet » 14 Nov 2012, 13:00

First it was Iwata with Bananas.
Now it's Trinen with an Orange (or is it something else).
What's next, Shibata with a lovely bunch of Coconuts?

It may have been things we already know, but to have a refresher doesn't hurt at all. The way it all seamlessly integrates is one of the Wii U's key selling points. Of course, the second screen is its USP, but I wouldn't say that's its main selling point.

We're nearly half-way there. 16 more days.
K-tet

Postby NSMB23DS » 14 Nov 2012, 13:33

Gaah!!(?) Attack of the hypnotic fruit! Run for cover! ~Jumps up stairs like Paper Mario~
Obviously got NSMB2 midnight of August 19th (hence the name)
NSMB23DS

Postby MartinIsAwesome » 14 Nov 2012, 13:39

My favourite aspect of Miiverse is the idea of helping other players on tricky parts of the game and sharing knowlege. It'd be like the time before you could just go online and look for a guide; how you would gather with friends in the playground and share tips and secrets about a game. Maybe it will also see a resurgence of people dishing out bogus cheats.

Speaking of which, did your know that in Super Mario 64, if you go to the room containing the entrance to "Snowman's Land" and wall-kick off the mirror 100 times, you can play as Luigi. This is definitely 100% true.
Please check out my video game inspired t-shirt deigns over on RedBubble!
Featured Designs: SAMUS/ARAN | Luigi - Ridin' Dirty | Another MOTHER - Ness & Lucas (variations available)
MartinIsAwesome
ONM Moderator

Postby Redfish20 » 14 Nov 2012, 15:13

"you can post your feelings on repeatedly failing at a particular point in the level."

tbh my feelings at that point probably wouldn't get past the profanity filter....
Cloud_of_Shame
Redfish20

Postby madlink » 14 Nov 2012, 19:10

So is the wii u already out in Japan? Are we (or should that be wii) last to get the new console again?
madlink

Postby deKay » 14 Nov 2012, 20:11

US get it on the 18th November, we get it on the 30th November, and Japan get it on the 8th December.
Game Over, Yeah!!
deKay

Postby KairiZero » 15 Nov 2012, 00:51

Anybody got any clue as to what all this fruit business is about?!

As wolves among sheep we wander
KairiZero

Postby MartinIsAwesome » 15 Nov 2012, 13:20

I don't know, and I hope I never know. It's funny and that's all I care about. Looking foward to Reggie coming on stage at E3 2013 holding a pineapple.
Please check out my video game inspired t-shirt deigns over on RedBubble!
Featured Designs: SAMUS/ARAN | Luigi - Ridin' Dirty | Another MOTHER - Ness & Lucas (variations available)
MartinIsAwesome
ONM Moderator

Postby Mmmyeah » 15 Nov 2012, 22:33

I thought the reason for the fruit was because of the fruit you can collect in Pikmin 3. Thats just a guess though!

Still the video was quite interesting, I really hope the spoiler avoiding system works though!
Hey Reggie, where's the cats?
Mmmyeah

Postby Mmmyeah » 15 Nov 2012, 22:33

I thought the reason for the fruit was because of the fruit you can collect in Pikmin 3. Thats just a guess though!

Still the video was quite interesting, I really hope the spoiler avoiding system works though!
Hey Reggie, where's the cats?
Mmmyeah

Postby KairiZero » 15 Nov 2012, 22:52

Maybe the fruit is some top secret Wii U peripheral they're parading in plain sight just to troll us hahaha!

As wolves among sheep we wander
KairiZero

Postby Nintendo_Tim » 17 Nov 2012, 16:54

Can't wait for Nov 30th...super excited!!!...but wots wit the fruit??? :?
Wii U ID - Vega_God

feel free to add me
Nintendo_Tim