Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

Fallblox review

Comment on site articles.

The sequel to the best 3DS eShop game ever is here. Can it beat the original?

The trick to a good sequel, if Hollywood is to be believed, is gravity. Think of The Godfather: Part II, Empire Strikes Back, The Dark Knight, Toy Story 2 - all of them take well known formulas and inject them full of betrayal, death, dark family secrets and evil prospectors (er, that one only applies to Toy Story 2). Fallblox, Intelligent Systems' sequel to the sublime Pullblox also opts for gravity, albeit of the 'apple on head' kind, and less of the "I am your father" variety. Although your mentor is called Papa Blox...

... read more

Fallblox review

Postby deKay » 15 Nov 2012, 12:14

Due to an unexpected bill, I'm going to have to pass for a couple of weeks, but YES, I will get this. Excellent.
Game Over, Yeah!!
deKay

Re: Fallblox review

Postby Herbert_Rarr » 15 Nov 2012, 16:33

Downloaded it straight away without even hesitating.
Free Nintendo points codes, 3DS and Wii U eShop codes, and many others here: http://lootpalace.com/?ref=182952. Guaranteed not a scam. PM me for more info.
Herbert_Rarr

Postby Parane » 15 Nov 2012, 19:24

I shall give it a miss for now and perhaps pick it up after Christmas.
FC: (Danny) 3480-3136-0000. PM me if you add me.
Parane

Postby RainbowGazelle » 15 Nov 2012, 19:35

Do you guys get paid extra for continually reminding us that Pullblox is "the best eShop game ever" every time you mention it? :D
If anyone wants to play online, my 3DS FC is: 3437-3065-1394
My Wii U NNID is: RainbowGazelle
RainbowGazelle

Postby Nintendalek42 » 15 Nov 2012, 21:06

Downloaded it and started playing it. Great fun, and Papa Blox's vocal reaction when the birds fly off in the intro is priceless :D . Just annoyed I was missing 7 cents and had to top Up an extra 10€ which I won't use for long. Nintendo should let you top up smaller sums.
Nintendalek42

Postby Herbert_Rarr » 15 Nov 2012, 21:16

Nintendalek42 wrote:Downloaded it and started playing it. Great fun, and Papa Blox's vocal reaction when the birds fly off in the intro is priceless :D . Just annoyed I was missing 7 cents and had to top Up an extra 10€ which I won't use for long. Nintendo should let you top up smaller sums.

I get most of my 3DS credit for free from a points-earning website which I can guarantee is reliable and not a scam. I can PM a link to anyone interested :)
Free Nintendo points codes, 3DS and Wii U eShop codes, and many others here: http://lootpalace.com/?ref=182952. Guaranteed not a scam. PM me for more info.
Herbert_Rarr

Postby goomboo » 15 Nov 2012, 23:14

Nintendalek42 wrote:Downloaded it and started playing it. Great fun, and Papa Blox's vocal reaction when the birds fly off in the intro is priceless :D . Just annoyed I was missing 7 cents and had to top Up an extra 10€ which I won't use for long. Nintendo should let you top up smaller sums.

You can :) If you go on the thing you want to buy, then if you don't have enough, you can top up by the requiered amount, e.g. 7 cents :) At least you can in the UK so I assume it's the same
goomboo

Postby Shmilly » 17 Nov 2012, 18:37

Definitely on my wishlist, the first game was great. Once I find some change it's an essential download.
ビジュアル系のファン
Shmilly

Postby Starman64O » 17 Nov 2012, 19:47

Got it on release, rather than waiting for Pokedex 3D Pro to reduce in price in a sale that will NEVER happen.

And I have to say it is embarrassingly difficult. I had completed all puzzles on Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask literally the day before and I now I am struggling at level 24 or whatnot!

Still, it is amazing, but it is a serious puzzle platformer, even more so than Pullblox!
3DS friend code is 4596-9551-4435

'If you bully a fish on its inability to climb a tree
it will live out the rest of its life blaming itself for being incompetent'

A bit like introducing a Noob to EV training then?
Starman64O

Postby LOZanges » 14 Dec 2012, 19:57

I'm probably not gonna get this. It seems a tad bit to complicated for my liking. Which is kinda upsetting. :cry:
JoeONM: LOZanges is as good as Dynasty Warriors!

MatthewONM: LOZanges is nearly as good as me!

GavONM: LOZanges is as good as Nintendo Unleashed!
LOZanges