Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

First Wii U Mii Studio screenshots

Comment on site articles.

See how you'll make your Mii characters on Wii U

You can see how you'll create your Miis on Wii U by checking out these screenshots of the Wii U Mii Studio.

... read more

First Wii U Mii Studio screenshots

Postby ThePokekid78 » 15 Nov 2012, 17:36

Erm...this looks identical to the Wii version of Mii Maker?.....
My Youtube career kinda ended, so...I really have nothing to put here anymore...
ThePokekid78

Re: First Wii U Mii Studio screenshots

Postby shy guy 64 » 15 Nov 2012, 17:47

any word on weather we can transfer miis from the 3ds
life, don't talk to me about life
I'm being incredibly clever and there's no one standing around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?
shy guy 64

Postby Latte » 15 Nov 2012, 17:53

Still dissapointed with lack of colours, i know lots of people with white hair.
*puts pineapple on your head*
ImageImage
Latte

Postby Herbert_Rarr » 15 Nov 2012, 17:58

Looks the same as the 3DS Mii Maker - much simpler than I expected. I was hoping for a lot more options.
shy guy 64 wrote:any word on weather we can transfer miis from the 3ds

Yes, you can.
Free Nintendo points codes, 3DS and Wii U eShop codes, and many others here: http://lootpalace.com/?ref=182952. Guaranteed not a scam. PM me for more info.
Herbert_Rarr

Postby shy guy 64 » 15 Nov 2012, 17:59

Herbert_Rarr wrote:Looks the same as the 3DS Mii Maker - much simpler than I expected. I was hoping for a lot more options.
shy guy 64 wrote:any word on weather we can transfer miis from the 3ds

Yes, you can.

cool, thanks
life, don't talk to me about life
I'm being incredibly clever and there's no one standing around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?
shy guy 64

Postby AquaMisty » 15 Nov 2012, 18:53

ThePokekid78 wrote:Erm...this looks identical to the Wii version of Mii Maker?.....

I agree ,it's more similar to the 3DS one but even the 3DS and Wii ones are nearly identical.
I love water Pokemon !
Pokeshipping -the best
AquaMisty

Postby Buffalo_K » 15 Nov 2012, 18:57

Would a few new features have been so bad? Hats and clothes maybe? I hope at least they have a wider selection of eyes, hair etc.
Buffalo_K

Postby thecoolmana777 » 15 Nov 2012, 19:20

Looks nice ... A few new features would have been nicer but they could always be added in a system update in the future :)
Have an awesome day :D
3DS FC- 3394-3533-6027, NNID-Thecoolmana777 PM me
thecoolmana777

Postby thenintendoer » 15 Nov 2012, 19:31

to be honest i thought that this was a screenshot of the wii mii maker considering theres almost no difference between them
thenintendoer

Postby AiDeNintendude » 15 Nov 2012, 19:55

Hopefully different facial features and perhaps hats and accessories become available for download as things move on...
AiDeNintendude

Postby MartinIsAwesome » 15 Nov 2012, 20:10

I have to admit that I'm a little disappointed with what I've seen here, especially with regard to the hair colour. I'm one of these losers who spent hours filling up the 100 Mii limit in my Mii Plaza by trying to make Miis based on other fictional characters and famous people like Klaus from American Dad and Boris Johnson.
Very often though I find myself having to make do with a place-holder hair colour because the only choices are Black, Grey, Blonde, and five types of brown. Surely there are enough people in the world that dye their hair crazy colours to warrant including Red, Pink and Blue at the very least. They don't even have orange, a natural hair colour.
Please check out my video game inspired t-shirt deigns over on RedBubble!
Featured Designs: SAMUS/ARAN | Luigi - Ridin' Dirty | Another MOTHER - Ness & Lucas (variations available)
MartinIsAwesome
ONM Moderator

Postby Nintendalek42 » 15 Nov 2012, 21:01

I really hope Nintendo update it, although they probably won't. There are justifiable reasons, such as Wii games and launch games having only some possible mii attributes included, but they could easily patch Wii U games (though this is harder with third parties). They really should have augmented the mii studio options, it was Fun on Wii, but the new version doesn't even have anything new though the 3DS added facial recognition, so it seems like a sort of lazy move, a bit like what the Mario series is in danger of doing (though NSMBU seems to have glitz going in the right direction). This is clearly just a lack of effort on Nintendo's part, because they could easily have launched the Wii U with a new editor and compatible games, and have a separate mii index for Wii games. What I'm hoping for in the future is some 3DS mii Streetpass Plaza Wii U connectivity, so those cool hats can be more than just for that game.
Nintendalek42

Postby KairiZero » 15 Nov 2012, 22:49

MartinIsAwesome wrote: They don't even have orange, a natural hair colour.

Nintendo are clearly hairist!

As wolves among sheep we wander
KairiZero

Postby TheNUKEnukeM » 15 Nov 2012, 23:35

thecoolmana777 wrote:Looks nice ... A few new features would have been nicer but they could always be added in a system update in the future :)

But will they ? ...
When I go out some people ask me-Hey what's with the name. Well My real surname is Newcomb. And its sounds like Nukem as in Duke Nukem the game character (never played it, im two young). So I have adopted it and put in frustrating capital letters.
TheNUKEnukeM

Postby Mr Roboto » 16 Nov 2012, 05:58

I'm not that fussed regarding creating Mii's but I was expecting better options for creating like on the 369.
Mr Roboto

Postby deKay » 16 Nov 2012, 09:15

Once again we are unable to create Miis with only one eye. What do Nintendo have against us monocular folk? Cyclopsist, it is.
Game Over, Yeah!!
deKay

Postby noobgamer9 » 16 Nov 2012, 15:43

At least the mii plaza is different, being stacked on shelves like minifigures. The amount of space there give to move around in has gotten less from wii to 3ds to wiiu :o . I would have liked some more customisation to make miis look more realistic though.
noobgamer9

Postby Mr Roboto » 16 Nov 2012, 19:03

deKay wrote:Once again we are unable to create Miis with only one eye. What do Nintendo have against us monocular folk? Cyclopsist, it is.

Maybe a system update in the future will address that matter :mrgreen:
Mr Roboto

Postby deKay » 16 Nov 2012, 19:40

And hands. Did you know, the average number of hands people have is less than two? Yet you can only have a Mii with two hands.

Ridiculous.
Game Over, Yeah!!
deKay

Postby Kieran Drakes » 17 Nov 2012, 01:02

I am not really that bothered about how identical it is to previous versions, even though MII's are being used more and more in games, i didnt exactly spend hours just making miis, :mrgreen:
Kieran Drakes