Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

New Super Mario Bros U DLC confirmed

Comment on site articles.

No release date confirmed by Nintendo are working on new courses

New Super Mario Bros U DLC has been confirmed by the game's producer Takashi Tekuza.

... read more

New Super Mario Bros U DLC confirmed

Postby imbusydoctorwho » 16 Nov 2012, 10:41

Fantastic news,great to see Nintendo offering DLC,for NSMBU.
Currently playing:Metal Gear Ground Zeroes
Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker
imbusydoctorwho

Re: New Super Mario Bros U DLC confirmed

Postby shy guy 64 » 16 Nov 2012, 11:26

cool
life, don't talk to me about life
sig was made by chocolate milk
shy guy 64

Postby noobgamer9 » 16 Nov 2012, 16:33

expected
noobgamer9

Postby Nintendalek42 » 16 Nov 2012, 17:46

I really hope they do something special with the DLC, and not just extra challenges. The 3DS DLC is fun, but as they don"t have Coin Rush Here, I hope they make something like retro-style levels or levels with additional enemies or powerups. That will make the DLC much more worthwhile. Oh, and if they make DLC limited to Boost Rush Mode, I will be very annoyed.
Nintendalek42

Postby MJTH » 16 Nov 2012, 18:28

I don't particularly like the way they released a steady trickle of small packs with 3 levels for £3 each on NSMB2.

I'd rather they just make one large single player story campaign expansion DLC pack for £15. I've had an idea for while, of Nintendo releasing a side story DLC. A short-ish 3 world (5 levels and a castle per world) pack, with original level aesthetics and designs. Call it something "Baron Bear-Moles Revenge" and have like an army of Monty moles swarm the mushroom kingdom. Release it some time 4 to-6 months from now and that would be great!
Something's coming up the plumbing, poor Luigi's in a bind. Giant turtles are out to get him, Creepy Crabs are right behind. Spiders, flies. Jeepers! Yikes!, They're coming out the pipes. "MARIO! WHERE ARE YOU!!!"
MJTH

Postby Mr Roboto » 16 Nov 2012, 19:00

Be interesting to see what size these DLC vary or if Nintendo will put a size limit on them.
Mr Roboto

Postby Kieran Drakes » 16 Nov 2012, 21:38

Some people say DLC is a scam that makes people buy it due to the fact that there missing something, but for me, DLC is the best idea ever for a game like NSMBU, the worst thing about some games is that they are absolutely amazing, but they are quite short, to me DLC is a way to extending the game entirely, Nintendo also have the best DLC out of all the console producers, I ordered a ps3 with call of duty MW3, which additionally came with the first two map packs, then i decided to research how much it would of cost without the dlc, it would of cost me £23 for the two packs :evil: , then once i had heard nintendo making dlc packs for NSMB 3DS, i was shocked by the low prices, nintendo is by far the best console at DLC :D
Kieran Drakes