Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

First Wii U DLC coming next month following system update

Comment on site articles.

Nintendo reveal what's coming up on Wii U

The first downloadable content for Wii U games will become available in December after you perform a System Update.

... read more

First Wii U DLC coming next month following system update

Postby Cidiyance » 16 Nov 2012, 18:07

Well, I'm glad there's evidence of Blops 2 DLC on the system.
Let the fire burn, the Hero die and the world turning into a shadow of light! Time has come for you to challenge me!
Cidiyance

Re: First Wii U DLC coming next month following system updat

Postby Mr Roboto » 16 Nov 2012, 18:45

I can see 8GB wii u users needing an external storage device soon as surely the system operating system must allocate about 3GB for current and future firmware updates.
Mr Roboto

Postby Argenthor » 16 Nov 2012, 19:00

TVii is something which has been highlighted as one of the big features making it an entertainment system... but US only? So, what happens to those outside of america?
Argenthor

Postby Mr Roboto » 16 Nov 2012, 19:09

Argenthor wrote:TVii is something which has been highlighted as one of the big features making it an entertainment system... but US only? So, what happens to those outside of america?

Because Europe always gets shafted on these sort of things!

The American market is always top priority with every launch event.
Mr Roboto

Postby shadowlugia101 » 16 Nov 2012, 19:30

does anybody know if nintendo tvii will come to europe? if so does anybody the time in which it may arrive here?
My 3DS Friend Code is 3222-5557-3599,PM if you add me.

shadowlugia101

Postby Komodo_Wolfgang » 16 Nov 2012, 21:17

Mr Roboto wrote:
Argenthor wrote:TVii is something which has been highlighted as one of the big features making it an entertainment system... but US only? So, what happens to those outside of america?

Because Europe always gets shafted on these sort of things!

American is always top priority.

Fixed it -_-; >.> damn america
My Animal Crossing New Leaf Tumblr! http://oakwoodnl.tumblr.com/
3DS:4141-2043-8010
DreamCode:7500-2191-1369
NID; Komodo_Wolfgang
Wiitabix wrote:I still feel we haven't seen the best of the Wii U yet, no where near.
Komodo_Wolfgang

Postby 5OUNDWAVE » 16 Nov 2012, 21:29

it's net-flix all over again
5OUNDWAVE

Postby NSMB23DS » 17 Nov 2012, 01:08

Mr Roboto wrote:
Argenthor wrote:The American market is always top priority with every launch event.

~cough~ Canada too ~cough~
Obviously got NSMB2 midnight of August 19th (hence the name)
NSMB23DS

Postby Pyron12 » 18 Nov 2012, 10:10

Cidiyance wrote:Well, I'm glad there's evidence of Blops 2 DLC on the system.

Which is always stuff ripped out from the main game before it's sold :evil:.
Friend Code: 3780-9511-6018
Pyron12

Postby goldeneye » 18 Nov 2012, 13:33

I don't know if you need one in America, but here you need a TV license to recive any broadcasted content. It might be this need that's stopping us from getting TVii. Either that or there's some difference between American broadcasting and British broadcasting that means a hardware/sofware change. It doesn't really bother me that we're not getting it. It's not like I can't watch TV... on my TV normally. Plus if you don't have freeview you probably have digital/subscription anyway, making TVii a near-redundant feature in this country. There's also online services like iPlayer where you can watch live TV anyway, so it's not an inconvenience to lose TVii. I guess it's only useful for that situation where someone wants to watch something else. I'd be willing to bet that there'll be another iPlayer app for the WiiU at some point (if the Wii version doesn't work on it), if not a future release of TVii.
goldeneye

Postby alexanderK » 30 Apr 2013, 15:50

goldeneye wrote:I don't know if you need one in America, but here you need a TV license to recive any broadcasted content. It might be this need that's stopping us from getting TVii. Either that or there's some difference between American broadcasting and British broadcasting that means a hardware/sofware change.

This is not quite true, in the UK (not sure on rest of Europe) you need a TV license to receive televised broadcasts, however if you use app's like BBCi player you don't need a license for these, you could watch TV content without a license as long as you don't watch it while it's being shown on TV. So in theory you could have a TV which isn't connected to any televised signals, hook your laptop up to it with an HDMI cable and use internet to watch TV content without having to pay a license ;)
alexanderK