Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

GTA 5 Wii U 'is up for consideration,' say Rockstar

Comment on site articles.

Dan Houser doesn't rule out Wii U version of GTA V

GTA 5 Wii U is up for consideration. They're the words of Rockstar chief Dan Houser who was asked about the possibility of GTA V coming to Nintendo's new console in an interview with IGN.

... read more

Postby BattleGooseUK » 19 Nov 2012, 16:59

IT HAD BETTER BE!
Nintendo Network ID
- Wii U -
AFistfulOfRupees
BattleGooseUK

Postby deKay » 19 Nov 2012, 17:03

Hmm.

Fit that ton-tongue d-deep in
I guess that hat getting eaten
Game Over, Yeah!!
deKay

Re: GTA 5 Wii U 'is up for consideration,' say Rockstar

Postby pokemaniac 212 » 19 Nov 2012, 17:08

I thought ONM pretty much gave this one away last week when they uploaded the new GTA trailer to their youtube channel, before quickly deleting it when they realised?

Either way, I hope it does come out for wii U, since if it's going to be competing with the other consoles it needs to get equally strong third-party support.
LGonm: poke you're so [removed] liberal
pokemaniac 212
ONM Moderator

Postby Dan-the-Wii-man » 19 Nov 2012, 17:11

It sounds as if theyre saying that they are considering it based on how well game like AC3 and BLOPS2 sell.
Playing Zombi U and Nintendo Land and saving to buy Paper Mario. NNID SingSongDan :D
Dan-the-Wii-man

Postby 5OUNDWAVE » 19 Nov 2012, 17:12

not a fan of gta but if this come's to wii u my head could be turned
5OUNDWAVE

Postby mushroomchow » 19 Nov 2012, 17:18

It's one of those multiformat games vital to a console's success amongst the core. Yes please.
So I have a blog now. Go read it, I'll get you a cuppa if you do.
3DS FC - 5241-1896-0199 - Jake - PM me yours and let's play Animal Crossing New Leaf! :D
mushroomchow

Postby MJTH » 19 Nov 2012, 17:34

I would absolutely love it if this came to the Wii U! It could potentially happen, the PC version of the game hasn't even been officially announced either, but that will definitely happen at some point. They have a year to do it, come RockStar PLEASE!.
Something's coming up the plumbing, poor Luigi's in a bind. Giant turtles are out to get him, Creepy Crabs are right behind. Spiders, flies. Jeepers! Yikes!, They're coming out the pipes. "MARIO! WHERE ARE YOU!!!"
MJTH

Postby TheNUKEnukeM » 19 Nov 2012, 18:01

To be honest, you could buy a crappy xbox for £60 now. If any nintendo fan was dieing to play GTA it would be pretty easy to get
When I go out some people ask me-Hey what's with the name. Well My real surname is Newcomb. And its sounds like Nukem as in Duke Nukem the game character (never played it, im two young). So I have adopted it and put in frustrating capital letters.
TheNUKEnukeM

Postby danbish » 19 Nov 2012, 18:04

Come on Rockstar! Come on Nintendo! If the WiiU is to truly be a success and to be as taken as seriously as Nintendo want, then games like this must appear on it.
3DS: 0920-1615-5762. NNID: TheFatPlumber. PM me if you add me & I'll add you back.
Yes I am a Nintendo fanboy, no I don't care. Dorkly
danbish

Postby olrodlegacy » 19 Nov 2012, 18:11

I clicked on the video and it told me it was private. Anyway, GTA can only boost Wii U. We've seen how good COD is now, now the other big multi-format titles should follow suit.
Twitter: @olrodlegacy 3DS Friend Code: 3523-2031-4532. PM me yours!

"There is a purpose greater than myself."
olrodlegacy

Postby harrogatewario » 19 Nov 2012, 19:02

danbish wrote:Come on Rockstar! Come on Nintendo! If the WiiU is to truly be a success and to be as taken as seriously as Nintendo want, then games like this must appear on it.

These are my thoughts aswell and in a way as Nintendo gamers we need to support third party titles to encourage others (such as Rockstar) to bring their games this way.
What if the Hokey Cokey really is what it's all about?!

3DS FC: 5412-9934-6347 (PM if you add me so I can return the favour.)

PS+N/NNID: harrogatewario (Send me a friend request via Miiverse and PS Network).
harrogatewario

Postby dave666 » 19 Nov 2012, 20:57

if it doe's it doe's,if it don't it don't

I couldn't care less about GTA5. But on the other hand I wouldn't mind a china town wars 2 on for 3DS :D
dave666

Postby Mr Roboto » 19 Nov 2012, 21:40

This has to happen the game pad would be amazing in the hands of Rockstar games.
Mr Roboto

Postby tomonm » 20 Nov 2012, 10:33

pokemaniac 212 wrote:I thought ONM pretty much gave this one away last week when they uploaded the new GTA trailer to their youtube channel, before quickly deleting it when they realised?

That was a mistake. Uploaded by someone else who doesn't work for ONM and shared to our video player. Don't read anything into it.
tomonm
ONM Staff

Postby MartinIsAwesome » 20 Nov 2012, 11:59

The way it sounds to me is that Rockstar is waiting to see how well the Wii U is recieved and its sales figures to see if it's commercially viable to release it on an additional console. While it makes excellent business sence, the problem I see for the gamers with this is the potential Wii U version could just end up have hastily tacked-on GamePad features, which would pale in comparison to games like Darksiders and Aliens where the Wii U version has been carefully considered by their developers for much longer.
I've got some cool video game inspired t-shirt deigns over on RedBubble, so please check them out.
Latest Design: GURU-GURU, the Windmill Man
Don't forget about my Colors! Gallery
MartinIsAwesome
ONM Moderator

Postby deKay » 20 Nov 2012, 12:39

I don't think it really matters if they don't even use the Gamepad for GTA V.
Game Over, Yeah!!
deKay

Postby 3DSRulesO.K » 20 Nov 2012, 21:11

Wii U would benefit greatly from GTAV, it would be easy enough for them to even get the PS360 version running on it, improve the graphics, add Miiverse functionality and some gamepad features.
Easy. Done!
Come on Rockstar! Does that sound too hard?
I really hope that they realise just how much Wii U needs to have games like this!
As you can tell, I like the 3DS. A lot.
3DSRulesO.K

Postby deKay » 20 Nov 2012, 21:44

It's not a case of whether the Wii U needs GTA V, it's a case of whether GTA V needs the Wii U.

Which it doesn't.

The sort of person who would play GTA V almost certainly already has a PS3 or 360 (or both), so Rockstar don't need to waste money on a Wii U port as they're not really missing out on sales.

Now, if the Wii U was massively more powerful, or suddenly ended up with a huge portion of the market, then yes - GTA V for it makes sense. At the moment though? Not really.
Game Over, Yeah!!
deKay

Postby IPecksU » 20 Nov 2012, 22:58

Hope wii u gets it, I'd definitely buy the wii u version. I'm hoping there's enough fans wanting the wii u version to justify the release.
IPecksU