Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

ZombiU video - we talk you through the first 12 minutes

Comment on site articles.

Want to know if you should buy ZombiU? Watch this video

ZombiU has received mixed reviews but we tell you why Ubisoft's survival horror differs from other action horror games and explain why you should buy it in this ZombiU video.

... read more

ZombiU video - we talk you through the first 12 minutes

Postby Game Boy » 20 Nov 2012, 15:13

I think I'll grab it some time after launch. I was already more or less convinced, but the video does make some striking points I hadn't yet heard.
Game Boy

Re: ZombiU video - we talk you through the first 12 minutes

Postby AiDeNintendude » 20 Nov 2012, 16:08

I've seen as many positive reviews as negative ones. I think that a lot of reviewers are forgetting what the game is all about and are focusing way too much on the action. I think a lot of people are too used to games like Halo, Left 4 Dead, and Call of Duty where the action does have to be good because it's the driving force of the game. But this game (without having played it) seems to be very much about exploration, isolation, suspence and getting the hell outta there before they munch you.
AiDeNintendude

Postby rpglord16 » 20 Nov 2012, 17:54

I looked at the IGN and gamespot reviews it looks like onm are the only people to find the point and emphasise it. I almost lost hope until I saw this.
rpglord16

Postby RECARN » 20 Nov 2012, 19:29

Thank you for doing this video, I was always getting this game as its included in my bundle and after the reviews I doubted if I had made the right purchase, thanks to your video I know that I have. This is the exact game I have waited for since the early days of Resident Evil and Eternal Darkness. All the reviews mentioned the 'cricket bat' and the fact that the Zombis take upto 5 hits to put down but I was reading them thinking, 'this is a Survival Horror game, not call of duty Zombie mode.' I can not wait to have the lights out, my surround system turned up and prepare to be scared like the games of old. I will be posting a link to your video on the other threads I have commented in the hope of changing some people's minds.
RECARN

Postby thenintendoer » 20 Nov 2012, 19:43

to be honest looking at the revies on metacritic there are more postive than negative and its gottewn a reasoble score i may either ask for this as a presetn or wait for a price cut
thenintendoer

Postby ninjafox » 20 Nov 2012, 20:09

RECARN wrote:This is the exact game I have waited for since the early days of Resident Evil and Eternal Darkness. All the reviews mentioned the 'cricket bat' and the fact that the Zombis take upto 5 hits to put down but I was reading them thinking, 'this is a Survival Horror game, not call of duty Zombie mode.' I can not wait to have the lights out, my surround system turned up and prepare to be scared like the games of old. I will be posting a link to your video on the other threads I have commented in the hope of changing some people's minds.

I completly agree RECARN :) I think people are expecting an action packed fps in a similar style to COD zombies which is why they are disapointed but that is not what ZombiU is about at all. It is about building the fear and tension in you as you explore so when a zombie appears it does make you jump, if zombies were just coming at you one after the other it would lose the fear factor that is so vital in a game like this.

I have not finished reading ONM's review but from everything i have seen i am sure i will really enjoy ZombiU. Will find out on the 30th November...
ninjafox

Postby CraigEmberson » 20 Nov 2012, 21:42

rpglord16 wrote:I looked at the IGN and gamespot reviews it looks like onm are the only people to find the point and emphasise it. I almost lost hope until I saw this.

Game Bomb or something like that did a 40-50 minute video review while playing, they love the game and most americans say the same. So where IGN and Gamespot got their rating from, I don't know... They most likely gave it to guys who review hardcore games and because it's on Nintendo, it must suck. My partner was at work last night and his staff said "Zombi U looks rubbish, etc..." just because its on Nintendo's console.
Craig-E
CraigEmberson