Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

LEGO City Undercover advert shows GamePad action

Comment on site articles.

See more of LEGO's answer to GTA!

You can see how you'll play LEGO City Undercover with the Wii U GamePad by checking out this new advert of the first Wii U LEGO game.

... read more

LEGO City Undercover advert shows GamePad action

Postby cmaxel » 21 Nov 2012, 11:12

I'm looking forward to this game, even though i'm not a big fan of Lego games. But this game looks like fun.
cmaxel

Re: LEGO City Undercover advert shows GamePad action

Postby MartinIsAwesome » 21 Nov 2012, 11:27

I'm in the same boat as cmaxel, not a big fan of the Lego games released so far, however this looks very promising. It's nice that their crafting their own ideas for story and gameplay rather than just making parody platformers of exciting franchises.
Please check out my video game inspired t-shirt deigns over on RedBubble!
Featured Designs: Ys - Adol | Luigi - Ridin' Dirty | Another MOTHER - Ness & Lucas (variations available)
MartinIsAwesome
ONM Moderator

Postby imbusydoctorwho » 21 Nov 2012, 12:48

Seems like the game will have Nintendo Network support.
3DS FC: 3067-6402-2163 (please add me as I need some friends)
Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker
PSN: Crossword-Man
imbusydoctorwho

Postby MJTH » 21 Nov 2012, 13:46

It's nice that their crafting their own ideas for story and gameplay rather than just making parody platformers of exciting franchises.

Agreed. I've always really liked the ideas and concepts behind previous Lego games, but the fact that they were just using other brands to parody off of didn't interest me much past the first Lego Star Wars. With this game however, they have they ability to use comical mould of previous games, but without been strung down by the subject matter and back story. They can create their own world characters and be completely original with it subject matter.

The fact that the last two Lego offerings have been mechanically a vast improvement over the previous ones, only goes and makes me even more excited for this game.
Something's coming up the plumbing, poor Luigi's in a bind. Giant turtles are out to get him, Creepy Crabs are right behind. Spiders, flies. Jeepers! Yikes!, They're coming out the pipes. "MARIO! WHERE ARE YOU!!!"
MJTH

Postby 5OUNDWAVE » 21 Nov 2012, 16:06

watching this made me want 2 go outside and arrest some-one , joking aside this look's great it should be a laugh :mrgreen:
5OUNDWAVE

Postby CDS » 21 Nov 2012, 18:21

Still don't understand where the 3DS version for this game seems to have disappeared to since it was announced last year.
However, the game looks great, but I'm still holding on for the handheld version.
CDS