Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

Epic Mickey: The Power Of 2 review

Comment on site articles.

When you wish upon a sequel, do your dreams come true?

Or should that be Epic Mickey To The Power Of Two? Junction Point's return visit to the Wasteland is largely more of the same and so much more of it. Just one hour of play saw us juggling a dozen side-quests, photographing landmarks, sniffing out secret costumes, awakening spirits of the Wasteland... it's packed.

... read more

Epic Mickey: The Power Of 2 review

Postby 5OUNDWAVE » 22 Nov 2012, 16:43

played the demo (ps3) for this the other night and every thing said in this reveiw is spot on , i was constantly having to fix the camera and when oswald was doing his thing i felt left out , if only they had it like the lego game's where u could swap between the 2
5OUNDWAVE

Re: Epic Mickey: The Power Of 2 review

Postby Jack Smith » 22 Nov 2012, 18:22

Have to call slight bias ere by ONM (possibly because of all the coverage they gave it?) because the metacritic average is 58% ( with some places like destructoid giving it 20%) and 80% does seem a bit too high
Jack Smith

Postby MatthewONM » 22 Nov 2012, 18:29

Jack Smith wrote:Have to call slight bias ere by ONM (possibly because of all the coverage they gave it?) because the metacritic average is 58% ( with some places like destructoid giving it 20%) and 80% does seem a bit too high

Now you're just being silly. We're biased towards Nintendo, not Disney. Get your facts straight.
(On a more serious note: I liked it, they didn't. It's that simple.)
MatthewONM
ONM Staff

Postby Argenthor » 22 Nov 2012, 18:37

Jack Smith wrote:Have to call slight bias ere by ONM (possibly because of all the coverage they gave it?) because the metacritic average is 58% ( with some places like destructoid giving it 20%) and 80% does seem a bit too high

Advertising Epic Mickey sports drinks and t-shirts would be bias... from what I have read 20% seems low, especially if the metacritic is 58% (huge difference). It just shows that the game has some problems and that it is up to the reviewer to decide how much they affect the overall game.
Argenthor

Postby imbusydoctorwho » 23 Nov 2012, 13:00

Will be asking for this for Christmas.
3DS FC: 3067-6402-2163 (please add me as I need some friends)
Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker
PSN: Crossword-Man
imbusydoctorwho

Postby Andybear » 23 Nov 2012, 21:14

I really like the sound of this. However I haven't played the first one. Is it better to have played the first one before playing this one or doesn't it matter? Thanks.
Andybear

Postby 5OUNDWAVE » 24 Nov 2012, 17:13

Andybear wrote:I really like the sound of this. However I haven't played the first one. Is it better to have played the first one before playing this one or doesn't it matter? Thanks.
it doesn't matter , get the second one
5OUNDWAVE

Postby Andybear » 24 Nov 2012, 17:30

Thank you Soundwave, I will :)
Andybear

Postby pinkgamer634 » 01 Dec 2012, 22:42

I have played this game and I totally justify this review score. This game has improved on everything from the first one and added more of what was good before and more features that make the game a whole better experience. There are lots of new areas and enemies and the voice acting makes the Disney vibe. I would recommend this to anyone who loved the first one and Disney fans.
pinkgamer634

Postby GullibleGoat44 » 06 Dec 2012, 10:09

Not a fan, it looks rubbish
GullibleGoat44

Postby sharna1212 » 20 Dec 2012, 12:42

wii u

rules[Image

:?: :D :D

nintendo yah
sharna1212

Postby KH81314 » 11 Jan 2013, 15:51

The first game is one of the best games on the Wii. This game is not quite as good but still very enjoyable (besides Oswald :evil: ).
Darkness becomes Light, Light falls into Darkness
KH81314