Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

Smash Bros Wii U: 12 characters who should be in the game

Comment on site articles.

You've had your say. Now it's our turn!

A few months ago you told us which new characters should be in Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS. Now it's our turn. Yes, team ONM put their heads together and came up with a list of 12 characters who should be in the new games when they're released.

... read more

Postby epiclink » 23 Nov 2012, 17:34

I love the idea of prof Layton with the hot cuppa
EPICLINK! IT'S LINK BUT MORE EPIC!

THINKS HE FOUND TOTAKA'S SONG ON BRAWL

but he doesn't know if he's RIGHT or WRONG.
epiclink

Postby Herbert_Rarr » 23 Nov 2012, 17:36

Dillon!
Free Nintendo points codes, 3DS and Wii U eShop codes, and many others here: http://lootpalace.com/?ref=182952. Guaranteed not a scam. PM me for more info.
Herbert_Rarr

Re: Smash Bros Wii U: 12 characters who should be in the gam

Postby skyluigi » 23 Nov 2012, 17:42

I don't think I'd like Geno to return, but Professor Layton and Waluigi deserve a place.
Woo hoo!
skyluigi

Postby NeonJ » 23 Nov 2012, 17:49

Personally, I think Megaman's Final Smash should be the Black Hole Bomb [Megaman 9], but that's just my opinion. :P Charging a Buster Shot should just be the Neutral-B, and nowhere near as powerful.

Also, I love how the images on Geno and Megaman's pages are messed up :P
~Cirom, that Animal Crossing guy.
NeonJ

Postby shy guy 64 » 23 Nov 2012, 17:49

as all ways you have some "not gonna happen" choices

little mac and sukapon arent out of the question but as far as i can tell balloon fighter and takamaru are the most popular choices for retro characters

bowser jr is the most popular choice for new mario character (along with toad) and k.rool is also quite a popular choice but hes got to compete with dixie who was almost in brawl

pac man and mega man are very popular 3rd party choices (though id prefer pac man not to be in it)
Last edited by shy guy 64 on 23 Nov 2012, 20:45, edited 1 time in total.
life, don't talk to me about life
I'm being incredibly clever and there's no one standing around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?
shy guy 64

Postby smashbros-kid » 23 Nov 2012, 17:50

I agree with most of them. Layton, Little Mac and King K Rool would be awesome. Pac-Man would be cool but he'd need to be done properly. Mega Man, while I'd hardly say I'm a fan, would fit in Smash perfectly. I'd much rather have Ryu from Capcom but I'm sure more people would be happy with the Blue Bomber.
Can't say I want Waluigi. I just don't see him as a big enough character to justify a slot. If the roster is smaller this time round I definitely think there are bigger names. I'm not quite as hostile to Bowser Jnr. as he's a little more unique in my opinion, especially if they give him paintbrush moves from sunshine. However he'd need to be unique. Not some faster, weaker Bowser. Come to think of it I'd love to see how he'd look. Bowser looks amazing in Smash and a Bowser Jnr. With that design would be incredible.
As for the rest, Geno would be awesome but we all know the rumours from brawl. Some say he was considered and there is a Mario RPG track hidden away on the disc. Travis and Jack aren't anywhere near big enough to be in Smash. Between them they've had 3 games? I can't say I've played them. Mr Driller makes sense but I think Pac-Man is far bigger for Namco and they should only have one character per 3rd party (that means no tails, knuckles or shadow nonsense sonic fans!)
Hi.
Thanks for reading, you know its nice to see people like you reading what I have to say, and I aplaud you for puting up with my bad gramar and spelling mistacks.
smashbros-kid

Postby Latte » 23 Nov 2012, 18:27

Why does Golden Sun always get left out of these...
*puts pineapple on your head*
ImageImage
Latte

Postby Wii U Gamer » 23 Nov 2012, 18:35

cool 8) 8) 8) but cooler to play 8) 8) 8) :!: :!:
name:WiiU Gamer(colin)
3dsFriendCode:2621-3945-0343
WiiFriendCode:7094-8986-3424-1530
MarioKartWiiFriendCode:3397-1086-5618
pm me if you add me please please add me i go on letter box a lot and mk7 online & mk wii online
Wii U Gamer

Postby LavaTwilight » 23 Nov 2012, 18:36

I think PacMan is a must and I'd be so incredibly layton'ed if he was to have been left out the roster! I'd also love to see King K Rool and Ghirahim from Skyward Sword. Also how about having Tabuu (main villain from Subspace Emisary) as a playable character? If not him then what about Generic-Looking Action Figure if he's a new IP? Come on, he just screams Smash Bros haha 8)
LavaTwilight

Postby Xenobladeperson » 23 Nov 2012, 18:50

How many of these lists are you going to make?
Nintendo Ninja wrote:Never fear everything can be resolved by a large amount of violence
Xenobladeperson

Postby MarioBlox » 23 Nov 2012, 18:57

Good list ONM but I highly doubt Sukapon and Jack from Madworld will be in it. However, I would love mega-man and Pac-man in as they would fit in perfectly!
MarioBlox

Postby carnivine chaos » 23 Nov 2012, 19:06

Final Smashes? Good one.
And no, Layton shouldn't be in the next Smash Bros.; not to sound harsh or anything, but, it just seems like he wouldn't fit. Doesn't seem like the fighting type and I wouldn't exactly say he's a true Nintendo character like Falcon or something.
3DS: 4811-6932-4056
Avvy goes to 71 - Victreebel
Emperor Evil: I thought Carnivine Chaos was a boy.
gobbadino: I still didn't know you were a girl, though......
Sir_Bowser: People on ONM aren't actual people.
carnivine chaos

Postby LavaTwilight » 23 Nov 2012, 19:07

Xenobladeperson wrote:How many of these lists are you going to make?

Probably several more when the game is nearing completion, trailer-teased, secrets leaked, etc etc
LavaTwilight

Postby yoshimad » 23 Nov 2012, 19:35

There's only one character who can make the series even better...

AMATERASU!!! :D
yoshimad

Postby PeterR » 23 Nov 2012, 19:56

yoshimad's got the right idea, id love to see Ammy there
PeterR

Postby Darkblizz » 23 Nov 2012, 20:26

Surely Mega Man's final smash should be his Hyper Mega Man transformation from Marvel vs Capcom?

Or combining with Rush and flying around shooting things like Diddy Kong with his jetpack?
Darkblizz

Postby MysteryVictini » 23 Nov 2012, 20:56

Oh god, not this again.

They're all fine, except Layton - as awesome as he is, you're totally missing the point of his character. He's an actual pacifist and uses brains over brawn, and not to mention, he's a polite British gentleman who enjoys a cup of tea. Does he sound like the kind of guy who'll fit in a fighting game to you? Let's face it, he's not a fighter guy. He's an intellectual guy. As totally epic as it would be if he really did get into the roster, it would just be a big OOC moment for him.
MysteryVictini

Postby the_yoshimaster » 23 Nov 2012, 21:08

some nice choices
the_yoshimaster

Postby DynamicPunch202 » 23 Nov 2012, 21:44

Any new characters that are in the new smash bros are probably going to be modern characters from games released at a similar time. With that in mind, I highly doubt that Geno or Little Mac are going to be in it. And I really can't imagine Layton being in it, he would just look completely out of place. What we need is some more modern characters that has fighting potential, so I think Mega man would be ok. But don't get your hopes up on most of these characters.
DynamicPunch202

Postby phil2512 » 23 Nov 2012, 22:42

How many of these articles has there about who should, and should not be in the next smash bros game?
phil2512

Postby fisher2007 » 23 Nov 2012, 23:19

disgaea characters would be good in it like Laharl,Etna,flonne,Vyers

Vyers really is

spolier warning
King Krichevskoy laharl's father
come to my world and i will project you from bad souls and I'm the ninja pirate master.

3DS FC is 0130-1987-2452 If you add me then please PM me
fisher2007

Postby Hams96 » 24 Nov 2012, 05:02

No. No Pac-Man. Absolutely not. I wouldn't mind Bowser Jr, Mega Man and Waluigi as playable characters, the rest won't make it further than Assist Trophies at most. But no Pac-Man.
Hams96

Postby Pyron12 » 24 Nov 2012, 10:53

I remember the letter to ONM about how Layton and Luke should've been in Brawl and how they could've worked like the Ice climbers *sigh*
Friend Code: 3780-9511-6018
Pyron12

Postby GloverMist » 24 Nov 2012, 13:07

yoshimad wrote:There's only one character who can make the series even better...

AMATERASU!!! :D

Oh God YES! Why didn't I think of that?!
By the way, I've got a feeling that the Pac-Man idea may have been influenced by me. Or maybe not. :wink:
I've got two words for you, people: FALCON and PUNCH!
By the way, check out and subscribe to my YouTube channel! I'm currently doing a Let's Play of Super Smash Bros. Brawl!
GloverMist

Postby callum2003 » 24 Nov 2012, 13:36

I Think I Saw Somewhere That It Was Leaked That Little Mac + King Hippo Were Going To Be In SSB4

Thanks to Fabong Letang for the awesome sig and avatar! They look great!
callum2003

Next