Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

The Wii U queue has started in London

Comment on site articles.

Nintendo fans are already camping outside HMV

Wii U isn't released until Friday but hardcore Nintendo fans have already started queuing to buy the console outside HMV in London's Oxford Street. Izzy Rahman has been camping with friends Sing Duong, Michael Djuma and Teddy Djuma outside HMV since Saturday night in order to become the first person in the UK to buy a Wii U.

... read more

Postby ShinKagato » 26 Nov 2012, 15:28

Im actually kind of sad that im not going to a midnight launch, i decided (for the first time ever) to get my machine delivered from shopto...but now im wishing i hadnt and pre-ordered from Game in Glasgow like i did for the original Wii. Ah well....
ShinKagato

Postby laughingjumpman » 26 Nov 2012, 15:31

It'll all be fun and games in there until the batteries on those 3DSs run out, and left with no way to charge them, god knows what they'll resort to.
PM me for NNID and 3DS FC, go on.
laughingjumpman

Re: The Wii U queue has started in London

Postby vix_chan » 26 Nov 2012, 16:58

It's nice that there doing it in a group of 4.
At least 1 or 2 can go and venture for food whilst the others wait with there stuff.
And i am sure that HMV will let them use there power points from time to time to charge there 3DSs.

I also wonder how many people gave them there spair change?
Thanks for the votes everyone.
vix_chan

Postby Docas11 » 26 Nov 2012, 18:11

these guy are LEDGE!!! gona see them in a sec. pity i could not take the time of work. but based on missing the other 2 times. being 1st now is what makes it funnier.
Docas11

Postby Docas11 » 26 Nov 2012, 18:13

Ledge!!
Docas11

Postby RainbowGazelle » 26 Nov 2012, 18:17

If they're prepared to sit outside in a tent for a week, then they deserve to be first. :) As for going there myself, I would if other parts of the UK got to join in, but as usual it's just for the Londoners.
If anyone wants to play online, my 3DS FC is: 3437-3065-1394
My Wii U NNID is: RainbowGazelle
RainbowGazelle

Postby ThePokekid78 » 26 Nov 2012, 18:39

That picture reminds me of the tent from Harry potter and the Goblet of Fire....
My Youtube career kinda ended, so...I really have nothing to put here anymore...
ThePokekid78

Postby jaco_p » 26 Nov 2012, 19:17

vix_chan wrote:It's nice that there doing it in a group of 4.
At least 1 or 2 can go and venture for food whilst the others wait with there stuff.
And i am sure that HMV will let them use there power points from time to time to charge there 3DSs.

I also wonder how many people gave them there spair change?

Please, learn the difference between there, their, and they're!!!

Not decided whether i'm going to the launch or not. I'll drive past on way back from work thurs morn, and if the queue is too big then i won't bother :-(
i've met mario!!XD twice!
pm me someone please for wario diy, MH3, mariokart wii, brawl, etc i've got loadsa online games doing nuffin!
check out my registered games :-) http://www.nintendo-europe.com/user/jaco_pastorius
jaco_p

Postby Mr Roboto » 26 Nov 2012, 20:30

Those people should get a life!

I hope the police tell them to go away!
Mr Roboto

Postby CraigEmberson » 26 Nov 2012, 22:00

I'm gonna be so annoyed if there is a lack of stock in January - it's the only time I'll be able to get one. I'm not waiting until February, like with Wii or I'll be angry.
Craig-E
CraigEmberson

Postby spud111 » 26 Nov 2012, 22:28

And they'll all regret it once the next Microsoft/ Sony console comes out, like I do with my 3DS when I see a PS vita advert
spud111

Postby me4ndubz » 26 Nov 2012, 23:30

I pre-ordered my wii u and then I got a letter saying it will be shipped on friday, meaning I won't get it on launch day! :(
me4ndubz

Postby MartinIsAwesome » 27 Nov 2012, 00:01

Bravo, lads. Bravo.
Please check out my video game inspired t-shirt deigns over on RedBubble!
Featured Designs: Ys - Adol | Luigi - Ridin' Dirty | Another MOTHER - Ness & Lucas (variations available)
MartinIsAwesome
ONM Moderator

Postby 5OUNDWAVE » 27 Nov 2012, 00:07

spud111 wrote:And they'll all regret it once the next Microsoft/ Sony console comes out, like I do with my 3DS when I see a PS vita advert
trust me man ur not missing out on much i have a vita and all i use it for is an ipod
5OUNDWAVE

Postby Birdy1994 » 27 Nov 2012, 00:24

5OUNDWAVE wrote:
spud111 wrote:And they'll all regret it once the next Microsoft/ Sony console comes out, like I do with my 3DS when I see a PS vita advert
trust me man ur not missing out on much i have a vita and all i use it for is an ipod

You are insane, I love my Vita. Rayman Origins is better than the 3DS, Lumines, Persona, Gravity Rush, Sound Shapes etc.
The 3DS is cool too but other than Nintendo games there are not a lot of brilliant titles
Birdy1994

Postby 5OUNDWAVE » 27 Nov 2012, 00:40

You are insane, I love my Vita. Rayman Origins is better than the 3DS, Lumines, Persona, Gravity Rush, Sound Shapes etc.
The 3DS is cool too but other than Nintendo games there are not a lot of brilliant titles[/quote] don't get me wrong it's a weapon and i loved uncharted but the rest u can get on the ps3
5OUNDWAVE

Postby Birdy1994 » 27 Nov 2012, 02:52

5OUNDWAVE wrote:You are insane, I love my Vita. Rayman Origins is better than the 3DS, Lumines, Persona, Gravity Rush, Sound Shapes etc.
The 3DS is cool too but other than Nintendo games there are not a lot of brilliant titles
don't get me wrong it's a weapon and i loved uncharted but the rest u can get on the ps3[/quote]
Fair enough but I don't have a TV at uni so my ps3, Wii and soon Wii U are at home and I have to rely on portable gaming for my fix in the week
Birdy1994

Postby 5OUNDWAVE » 27 Nov 2012, 03:10

well since u put it like that , fairplay
5OUNDWAVE

Postby submission75 » 27 Nov 2012, 19:23

those 3ds batteries don't last that long.
submission75

Postby kevws77 » 28 Nov 2012, 12:34

MartinIsAwesome wrote:Bravo, lads. Bravo.

Here Here!! Although you may not be allowed in as you could be quite smelly by then :lol:
kevws77

Postby mattzere » 28 Nov 2012, 16:04

anyone have any idea how big the queue is by now?
mattzere.tumblr.com fellow tumblrers, feel free to find me there!
I'm a gamer and a Homestuck,
A whovian and much more.
mattzere