Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

3D Mario and Zelda Wii U launch schedules to be announced in

Comment on site articles.

There's a lot to look forward to

There are no 3D Zelda or Mario games in the Wii U's launch line-up but Nintendo President Satoru Iwata has assured fans that release dates for both games will be announced in the future.

... read more

Postby 5OUNDWAVE » 29 Nov 2012, 10:31

2 hard 2 choose so both of them me think's , but if i had 2 choose 1 it would be zelda
Last edited by 5OUNDWAVE on 29 Nov 2012, 10:32, edited 1 time in total.
5OUNDWAVE

Postby K-tet » 29 Nov 2012, 10:32

3D Mario or 3D Zelda? Personally I'm more a Mario fan than a Zelda fan. However, both games I suspect are going to look beyond gorgeous and are going to put what other developers have done on the other HD consoles to shame, a bit like how Galaxy put the HD powerhouses to shame with beautiful graphics. The argument this time around will be "just imagine them in 1080p!" =3

Mario for me, but I suspect plenty here will want Zelda more.
K-tet

Re: 3D Mario and Zelda Wii U launch schedules to be announce

Postby LavaTwilight » 29 Nov 2012, 10:37

In all honesty I'll be looking forward to Zelda, but both my wife and I enjoy Mario and is a game we'll probably share our advancements in, as well as helping each other with tips and hints and secrets. So that said, I'd be waiting for the Mario game :D
LavaTwilight

Postby Slayso » 29 Nov 2012, 10:43

Both will look incredible, and although I'm generally more of a Zelda fan these days if we compare Galaxy 1 and 2 to Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword I'd say Mario has me slightly more hyped. Slightly.
Once more, with feeling.
Slayso
ONM Moderator

Postby MartinIsAwesome » 29 Nov 2012, 11:21

So, if I've got this right, Nintendo have made an announcement that they will make an announcement, but they can't announce when that announcement will be made. Okie-dokie.

I really don't want to see a Wii U Zelda any time too soon. I like that I have to wait four to five years fore the next big Zelda adventure. Likewise, since we've got New Super Mario Bros. U to keep us entertained, I wouldn't like another full Mario platformer, 3D or otherwise, until mid-2014 at the earliest. No doubt a spin-off will arrive in the meantime to keep other Mario lovers like me pleased.

Of the two though, I suppose I'm more eager to see what form Zelda will take, and more eager to play a new 3D Mario.
Please check out my video game inspired t-shirt deigns over on RedBubble!
Featured Designs: SAMUS/ARAN | Luigi - Ridin' Dirty | Another MOTHER - Ness & Lucas (variations available)
MartinIsAwesome
ONM Moderator

Postby shy guy 64 » 29 Nov 2012, 11:31

probably not for an other couple years i imagine
life, don't talk to me about life
I'm being incredibly clever and there's no one standing around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?
shy guy 64

Postby NE1 » 29 Nov 2012, 11:33

Well Super Mario 64 was released in 1996, then Sunshine in 2002, then Galaxy in 2007 and 2 in 2010. I think we can expect a healthy 4-5 year development stage, assuming we go from Galaxy 2 as that kept the development team busy. So maybe 2014 at a push? Though I think we'd all rather wait for something perfect for the system, Nintendo needs to start rolling out the first party killer titles. Don't get me wrong, I cannot wait for Pikmin, but after that what else is on the horizon and what is going to make Xbox or PS3 owners think about picking up the system? For a lot of people who own those systems, Mario and Zelda are the reason they bought a Wii, so when the Nextbox and the PS4 are announced, whats going to make them look twice at the WiiU now? I really want the WiiU to pick up steam so we get more third party support...cough....Rockstar.....cough...
NE1

Postby Slayso » 29 Nov 2012, 12:07

I'd imagine we'll have Mario next Christmas and Zelda the following year. If I was to guess.
Once more, with feeling.
Slayso
ONM Moderator

Postby yoshimad » 29 Nov 2012, 12:17

Ohhhh it so hard to tell which one I'll be more excited for I absolutely love the Zelda series :D but Mario Galaxy just had so many different mechanics and such whish made it such a excellent game. One thing for sure is that these games will be bought for my Wii U games collection!!! :shock:
yoshimad

Postby imbusydoctorwho » 29 Nov 2012, 12:50

We'll probably hear about this 3D Mario game at E3 next year.
3DS FC: 3067-6402-2163 (please add me as I need some friends)
Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker
PSN: Crossword-Man
imbusydoctorwho

Postby reeesy » 29 Nov 2012, 13:11

MartinIsAwesome wrote:I really don't want to see a Wii U Zelda any time too soon. I like that I have to wait four to five years fore the next big Zelda adventure.

I agree. Having to wait so long is part of makes them so special when they do come along. All new consoles take time to find their feet, so I'd like to see the WiiU really settle in and find it's place before a grand Zelda or Mario come along.

However I am also interested in finding out what style Nintendo will take with the next big Zelda...
Personally, I hope its realism over toon. What better way to mark the series' leap into HD than with gorgeous detailed realistic graphics.
reeesy

Postby MartinIsAwesome » 29 Nov 2012, 13:16

NE1 wrote:I think we can expect a healthy 4-5 year development stage, assuming we go from Galaxy 2 as that kept the development team busy.

It might be getter to go from Super Mario 3D Land as the Galaxy team worked on that too.
Featured Designs: SAMUS/ARAN | Luigi - Ridin' Dirty | Another MOTHER - Ness & Lucas (variations available)
MartinIsAwesome
ONM Moderator

Postby blaziken411 » 29 Nov 2012, 13:48

i dont mind waiting for zelda if only they give me pokemon colluseum again or something similar
#Ampharoskingofjhoto
My brother made this.
3ds friend code: 4811-7239-6713
Nintendo Network ID : Black-wolf209
Youtube channel: OmegaBlaxel
blaziken411

Postby jaco_p » 29 Nov 2012, 14:32

Zelda, definitely. New mario games get released more than once a year on handheld and home console, and zelda games are spread much farther apart.
i've met mario!!XD twice!
pm me someone please for wario diy, MH3, mariokart wii, brawl, etc i've got loadsa online games doing nuffin!
check out my registered games :-) http://www.nintendo-europe.com/user/jaco_pastorius
jaco_p

Postby Dave-O » 29 Nov 2012, 14:40

Mario Galaxy 2 is the best Mario game to me so I can't wait to see what they do next but I'm definitely more exited about a new Wii U Zelda after Skyward Sword became the best game in the world in my opinion. I wonder how they'll try to top perfection.
Dave-O

Postby C00LI098 » 29 Nov 2012, 17:01

If the next 3D Mario game is anything like SMG(2), I'll be looking forward to that more.
C00LI098

Postby madlink » 29 Nov 2012, 17:45

That is one BIG spider. (in the video). I have always loved the zelda games and can't wait for a HD version. I'm hoping for a twilight princess/skyward sword gameplay. I hope they don't revert to toon link. I did enjoy wind-waker but prefer the more realistic look of the two later games. Mind you if I saw a spider THAT size I'd probably panic.
madlink

Postby adamatsu » 30 Nov 2012, 14:59

Both will surely be amazing! Kind of more excited for a big open world 3d mario...i'd also like it if they expanded on the skyward sword world for zelda and kept the same artistic style of that game for the first zelda wii u game.
adamatsu

Postby epiclink » 30 Nov 2012, 17:59

I would like to see the Mario galaxy series live on!
EPICLINK! IT'S LINK BUT MORE EPIC!

THINKS HE FOUND TOTAKA'S SONG ON BRAWL

but he doesn't know if he's RIGHT or WRONG.
epiclink

Postby HaydnRhys » 30 Nov 2012, 18:46

MartinIsAwesome wrote:I really don't want to see a Wii U Zelda any time too soon. I like that I have to wait four to five years fore the next big Zelda adventure.

:shock: ?!?!?!? So you'd rather wait another 5 years for a Zelda game? Are you sure you're a Nintendo fan?
Find me on Miiverse as Haydn_Rhys

Oh, and if you're wondering how to pronounce my name it's Hay-den Reece (Everyone gets it wrong)
HaydnRhys

Postby Kieran Drakes » 30 Nov 2012, 23:09

I want another Mario galaxy experience, it is well and truly a game that makes your eyes tingle, i think Link should have his own game as well, but i think mario 3d would be better.
I would quite like a game where Zelda is the hero, so maybe 3d luigi as well, that would add a good twist
Kieran Drakes

Postby MartinIsAwesome » 01 Dec 2012, 21:23

HaydnRhys wrote: :shock: ?!?!?!? So you'd rather wait another 5 years for a Zelda game? Are you sure you're a Nintendo fan?

I'm more surprised that you wouldn't rather wait. Not only does it mean that there's a more time to develop the game and perfect it, but it makes it more of an event. Plus there's a good track record with games with longer development periods being excellent.
MartinIsAwesome
ONM Moderator

Postby COMM4ND3R-COOL » 03 Dec 2012, 02:46

I'm holding off until the new Zelda, or until something massively awesome is released as I'm finding it difficult to justify forking out the £350+ on the Wii U at the moment... which is REALLY hard as I usually buy new Nintendo gear on launch day.
COMM4ND3R-COOL

Postby GullibleGoat44 » 06 Dec 2012, 09:53

zelda all the way. While mario is great i think a new zelda would have a bigger impact on the games market than a 3d mario. I know lots of people would disagree with me but this is just my opinion.
GullibleGoat44

Postby Anthony87 » 24 Dec 2012, 22:50

I think i speak on behalf of alot of people when i say zelda in HD, will be better then mario by far. on that note i also dont want to wait a whole nother year to play the game, like come on give us a break...... ps i need a zelda more like ocarina of time but in hd would be nice oh and 3d sux for games such as 3ds, booo.. holographic is gonna be where its at lol. All in all i cant wait to play the new zelda coming out in HD for the wii u I bet its going to be amazing maybe the best yet, I hope :D , just hurry up Thank you.
Anthony87

Next