Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

Wii U is here! Watch the midnight launch video!

Comment on site articles.

Wii U launches in the UK with a special midnight event at HMV

Wii U is finally here! Nearly 18 months after Nintendo's new console was announced, Wii U launched in the UK with a special midnight event at HMV in London. Hundreds of dedicated Nintendo fans queued up in the cold to buy the hotly anticipated successor to the Wii (and get a free copy of New Super Mario Bros U). You can see all the action from the night by watching our special Wii U midnight launch video.

... read more

Wii U is here! Watch the midnight launch video!

Postby lrwr14 » 30 Nov 2012, 10:22

looked fun. If I lived in London then I would have gone. Even though I'm not getting one lol.
Imagine a really cool picture here.
lrwr14

Re: Wii U is here! Watch the midnight launch video!

Postby blind_ibin » 30 Nov 2012, 11:38

I applaud their dedication for waiting in the cold. I recieved my Zombi u bundle and 5 other games at 3pm yesterday afternoon. The console is ammazing and games are fantastic.
blind_ibin

Postby imbusydoctorwho » 30 Nov 2012, 12:18

Looks like the people had fun who went,shame I don't live in London,cause if I did,I would've went.
3DS FC: 3067-6402-2163 (please add me as I need some friends)
Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker
PSN: Crossword-Man
imbusydoctorwho

Postby ledreppe » 30 Nov 2012, 13:58

Still waiting for TNT to turn up, the wait is killing me.
Nintendo Network ID: BigAl79
3DS Friend Code
Getting: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Rayman Legends.
Mii QR Code
Twitter
YouTube
Where Nintendo lead, others follow!
ledreppe

Postby 5OUNDWAVE » 30 Nov 2012, 15:25

i'm writing this comment on the gamepad , lucky dog's who got there's last night , got mine this morning , 400 quid for mario - sonic racing and the zombiu bundle , well worth it , have only played mario so far - it's fantastic , waiting for my mate to call so i can show him sonic and then once it get's dark it's zombiu time , also the picture on the game-pad is better than my tv , i'm so impressed it was worth the wait
5OUNDWAVE

Postby torterratrainer » 30 Nov 2012, 17:18

MORE ONM TEAM FACE TIME REQUIRED
Torterratrainer has evolved into AzureRathalos!
Hey monster Hunter fans! check out the guild hall on chatango for monster hunter chats and mingling :)
http://mhunterguildhall.chatango.com/
torterratrainer

Postby 3DSRulesO.K » 30 Nov 2012, 17:27

MINE ARRIVED!! It came today about an hour ago, I ordered it from Amazon, and for some reason, Nintendo Land wasn't in it, (it is the premium pack btw) I've since contacted them, and they said that they have recieved similar complaints to this, and they will get back to me in 24 hours, i'm not going to play it in case I have to send it back to them. It's so annoying, I actually held the gamepad, (through the plastic)! The first console I've ever got on launch day, I will own this system every day of its life! :mrgreen:
As you can tell, I like the 3DS. A lot.
3DSRulesO.K

Postby Kirby8 » 01 Dec 2012, 13:14

I was planning to come, dressed as Mario and everything! But that second game choice SUCKED! Mass effect, COD or FIFA. No thanks. The fact that the second game was rubbish created more hassle as I already would need to return my preorder and I wouldn't have ZombiU afterwards unless I bought it from HMV. And then you only get one goodie bag when you buy, unlike the 3DS one where I got about 7 while in the queue, plus free umbrellas as well! It seemed like a lot of fun and was thinking I might just go for the fun, but my WiiU had already arrived at home, so I just went home and played it for hours on end!
Also known as NintendoMad888.
2-4-6-8
what pink blob do we love not hate?
k-i-rb-y
Kirbys a blob all day and night!!!

PARAMORE ROCKS!!!
NINTENDO 4 LIFE!!
COME ON MARIO PAINT WII (OR DS???)!!!
Kirby8

Postby Dan-the-Wii-man » 01 Dec 2012, 15:55

I was first to get it in cardiff! lol :P still waiting for my copy of zombi u pre-ordered it from Zavvi but it still hasnt come :(
Playing Zombi U and Nintendo Land and saving to buy Paper Mario. NNID SingSongDan :D
Dan-the-Wii-man

Postby dave666 » 01 Dec 2012, 18:31

I was there with my buddy and had a great night. met some great fans while waiting outside HMV who were cool to chat to and helped the time pass. Also had the chance to meet a few members of team ONM

They were very friendly and polite guys and were a pleasure to talk to.
dave666