Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

Nintendo Direct to showcase best Wii U games for 2013 on Wed

Comment on site articles.

Watch it right here

Nintendo will show off the best Wii U and 3DS games of 2013 in a special Nintendo Direct broadcast on Wednesday 5 December at 5pm UK time.

... read more

Nintendo Direct to showcase best Wii U games for 2013 on Wed

Postby shy guy 64 » 04 Dec 2012, 11:29

awesome looking forward to it
life, don't talk to me about life
I'm being incredibly clever and there's no one standing around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?
shy guy 64

Re: Nintendo Direct to showcase best Wii U games for 2013 on

Postby RainbowGazelle » 04 Dec 2012, 13:06

Kirby's freaking dream collection! Or when that naturally doesn't happen, give us an Animal Crossing release date! :D
Building up my post count in a haunted wasteland.
RainbowGazelle

Postby lminett » 04 Dec 2012, 13:16

Cloudberry kingdom will hopefully get a date.
Enjoy video game music and finding out about the composers? check out Ki11j0ys vault
http://www.youtube.com/user/KI11J0YSVAULT?feature=mhee
lminett

Postby MartinIsAwesome » 04 Dec 2012, 13:24

Sounds good. Don't know whether to watch it live here, or wait until it appears on the Nintendo Channel so I can watch it on my TV.
Who am I kidding, I'll just end up doing both! =D
Please check out my video game inspired t-shirt deigns over on RedBubble!
Featured Designs: SAMUS/ARAN | Luigi - Ridin' Dirty | Another MOTHER - Ness & Lucas (variations available)
MartinIsAwesome
ONM Moderator

Postby toffeeman30 » 04 Dec 2012, 14:20

awesome nintendo europe direct presentation about wii U in 2013. nintendo have saved xmas
toffeeman30

Postby K-tet » 04 Dec 2012, 14:48

Nintendo Direct to showcase games for Wii U and 3DS. For Wii U they should be looking at games just beyond the launch window as well as recap on games that are coming out during the window. Also news on restructuring Wii Mode AND Wii U Virtual Console would be nice, and any further performance updates be ready and available, ending with full Nintendo TVii support in the UK (and hopefully with a partnership with Sky, plus other broadcasters for catch-up support etc).

For the 3DS, I want to see upcoming games, any further Virtual Console offerings, and if any further media apps (such as Netflix) become available.

However, I really want them to announce how 3DS/Wii U crossplay will work, AND most importantly, I want Nintendo to announce a universal eShop that makes life easier for everyone with the complete integration of Wii Shop Channel into the Wii U eShop, and I want full integration of one's email address link all of their Nintendo hardware to their Nintendo Network ID. Said eShop also needs to be accessible on PC, Tablet, Phone and any other internet-enabled device (which they're working on), and allow you to purchase software for any of your Nintendo hardware, allow for it to be downloaded to said hardware, and if said software is available on other Nintendo hardware, to allow you to download it to your other hardware at next to no additional charge. This section may be seen as a pipe dream, but if Nintendo deliver on this section in its entirety, Nintendo Network would finally be on par with what people want from a digital medium.
K-tet

Postby CDS » 04 Dec 2012, 16:41

LEGO City Undercover 3DS information. Next to nothing of it.
And I won't get my hopes up high, but most people on ACC and the forum thread here will be hoping for Animal Crossing 3DS info, and possibly release.
CDS

Postby CyberGW » 04 Dec 2012, 16:43

Hopefully we'll get a new release date for Rayman Legends in January/February time!
Current Favourite Game: Tomodachi Life
Most Anticipated Game: Super Smash Bros for Nintendo 3DS
NNID: CyberGW
CyberGW

Postby master sword » 04 Dec 2012, 17:35

Hopefully something will be announced that will make me get a wiiU, i'm interested in it as it is, but a good announcement will cinch the deal for me
i will fight for:
. good reviews
. the next ONM mag
. smash bros on the 3DS
. pikmin 3
. the last bowl of pasta
master sword

Postby Argenthor » 04 Dec 2012, 17:58

MartinIsAwesome wrote:Sounds good. Don't know whether to watch it live here, or wait until it appears on the Nintendo Channel so I can watch it on my TV.
Who am I kidding, I'll just end up doing both! =D

With the Wii U you can watch it on your TV!

I'm hoping that they announce some new games here. These things are awesome and I love each one, but they have a habit of showing trailers/clips of things we have already seen loads of. (I'm guessing Lugi's mansion will be there though!)
Argenthor

Postby TheNUKEnukeM » 04 Dec 2012, 18:58

I am starting to find these a bit frustrating. They just seem so random and they always confirm little things- Never anything that big. I mean you look at the 3DS launch line up there's nothing on it pass sticker star. I blame these random Nintendo Directs. I want Majoras Mask 3D.
When I go out some people ask me-Hey what's with the name. Well My real surname is Newcomb. And its sounds like Nukem as in Duke Nukem the game character (never played it, im two young). So I have adopted it and put in frustrating capital letters.
TheNUKEnukeM

Postby RainbowGazelle » 04 Dec 2012, 19:14

Oh, also confirm a UK release for Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright. That would be awesome!
Building up my post count in a haunted wasteland.
RainbowGazelle

Postby thenintendoer » 04 Dec 2012, 19:33

a nintendo direct im actually able to watch :)
thenintendoer

Postby 5OUNDWAVE » 05 Dec 2012, 00:08

release date's for alien's and injustice god's among us , nintendo to announce that south park the stick of truth is coming 2 wii u and lastly a new killer instinct ?
5OUNDWAVE

Postby K-tet » 05 Dec 2012, 11:15

I wonder how many people are going to be watching the presentation on their Wii U's today? It's a challenge I'm most likely going to accept myself. Any other takers? =3
K-tet