Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

Animal Crossing New Leaf UK release date set for Q2 2013

Comment on site articles.

Nintendo working hard to localise the new Animal Crossing 3DS game

The Animal Crossing: New Leaf UK release date will fall during the second quarter of 2013. The Nintendo 3DS sequel to Animal Crossing Wild World is out now in Japan but Ninteno President said that Nintendo are working hard to localise the game for Europe.

... read more

Postby shy guy 64 » 05 Dec 2012, 18:48

looking awesome
life, don't talk to me about life
I'm being incredibly clever and there's no one standing around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?
shy guy 64

Postby vix_chan » 05 Dec 2012, 18:50

And again, we are left waiting.

I am sure last time they did a Nintendo Direct they said it would be the 1st quater, or is that just my brain being optimistic?
Thanks for the votes everyone.
vix_chan

Re: Animal Crossing New Leaf UK release date set for Q2 2013

Postby Riverlution » 05 Dec 2012, 18:53

Its the one game on 3DS that I am actually looking forward to next year! Come on already!!

Although, thats technically a lie. I will be picking up Luigi's Mansion and Fire Emblem too... but I'd rather have Animal Crossing...

I'm also left wondering what other 3DS games are going to be announced soon, apart from the 3 I listed, I can't think of any major Nintendo franchises in the works. I think the same is for Wii U too, after Pikmin...
Riverlution

Postby Hylian koopa » 05 Dec 2012, 18:59

I sure hope Animal Crossing Wild World is out in Japan at this stage!

The Legend of Zelda.
=
Epic Badassery
Hylian koopa

Postby Kawaii_Peach » 05 Dec 2012, 19:05

Im going to have a rant now.

MAKE UP YOUR MIND!
First of all its like January release, now its April - June??!?!

How long does it take to translate a game?!
You should of translated it whilst making the Japanese Version!

Im not gonna lie, your release of the 3DS did not go down well in England because no-one wanted it and everyone thought it was a waste of money - if you'd release this game earlier, your sales will go rocketing high - if you dont believe me look at your Japan sales.
This has really made me angry since i'm a hardcore Animal Crossing fan ^^
I'll stop ranting now..
You'd better make this game good Nintendo.
Kawaii_Peach

Postby froggy1988 » 05 Dec 2012, 19:23

It's been 1 or 2 and a half YEARS since Nintendo first showed us Animal crossing New leaf!
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO RELEASE A GAME?!!!!!!!!!!
froggy1988

Postby STUMPWEASEL » 05 Dec 2012, 19:50

vix_chan wrote:And again, we are left waiting.

I am sure last time they did a Nintendo Direct they said it would be the 1st quarter, or is that just my brain being optimistic?

Hmm, it's disappointing news but I'm pretty certain they said 2013 in the last Nintendo Direct, so they could sit on the fence. Forums have already been indicating a Q2 release as Luigi's Mansion is slated for Q1 I'm guessing they'd want to keep two big releases separate. It's a bit of a slap in the face for all the die-hard Animal Crossing fans who have had this game dangled in front of them for such a long time. :x

I agree with other posts that 3DS sales might well have been higher if they'd been able to push this through for an earlier release. But I guess with Wii U launching, they were less concerned about the 3DS. :roll:
"There are certain shades of limelight that can wreck a girl's complexion" Holly Golightly
STUMPWEASEL

Postby Donkey Kong Jr. » 05 Dec 2012, 21:17

Riverloution, you are totally rightt expect some big announcements soon.

this release date suits me very well as it means my summer will be GTAV and AC. woohoo
Currently Playing: Luigi's Mansion 2
Donkey Kong Jr.

Postby quomn » 05 Dec 2012, 21:50

This is <deleted> ridiculous considering that I've been sitting here waiting since June 15, 2010 for this game to come out. I'm so close to going into my bathtub so I can roll up into a ball and cry for 3 days. I am so tired of waiting for this game. I just don't understand why they would <deleted> with us like this.
quomn

Postby Issun2765 » 06 Dec 2012, 01:33

Do people realise that there are reams of japanese text that have to be translated for the Animal Crossing series. Don't flame me on this, but do you want an incoherent mess of stuff or would you prefer to listen to their rambling, cute voices over and over.

Bringing Animal Crossing and text heavy games to EU is very tough, we have about 5 languages that need to be reached and rubbish text doesn't sell a game. That's why I anticipate Layton every damn year, cause the attention paid to get the same message across,

And, hey, have patience in yourselves. Would Nintendo ever deliver an awful game after being there deceivingly teasing selves. It's their business tactics and some of you don't like it it seems. Ah well, rant over.

Well, I anticipate this, yet don't at the same time. Never look at a game with sheer excitement and hypeness, cause some games (Galaxy 2 in my opinion) will make you leave with a sour taste (the damn Green stars, again, in my opinion).

Thank-you for your patronage.
Issun2765

Postby GullibleGoat44 » 06 Dec 2012, 09:25

looking goof but why the long wait Nintendo????
GullibleGoat44

Postby GullibleGoat44 » 06 Dec 2012, 09:26

looking good but why the long wait Nintendo????
GullibleGoat44

Postby GullibleGoat44 » 06 Dec 2012, 09:27

Sorry im really bad with the keys lately!
GullibleGoat44

Postby imbusydoctorwho » 06 Dec 2012, 14:34

Happy with that.
3DS FC: 3067-6402-2163 (please add me as I need some friends)
Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker
PSN: Crossword-Man
imbusydoctorwho

Postby inuyashaDS » 06 Dec 2012, 18:30

Yeah! Come on 2013! :D

thxs to bradders543 the sig!

http://www.firebox.com/product/5413/Gamer-Soaps :)
Come join my mario kart 7 racing comunities
Racing nerds - 55-6413-0547-0471
Lucky*star cup - 20--1047-4313-6092
inuyashaDS

Postby redeye » 07 Dec 2012, 14:36

Thank goodness I have Pokemon or else I would be so fed up. Animal Crossing is so needed by me. :twisted:
redeye

Postby mushandin » 11 Dec 2012, 12:48

I just hope that the problems new leaf has been having with the new type of cartridge it has to use will not delay it any further. We already know it will be several months before Japan is restocked, so lets hope it does not affect the rest of us.
mushandin

Postby xoxohollyxoxo » 13 Dec 2012, 19:39

looks awesome, buying a 3ds especially for the game. but it kind of sucks that we have to wait so long, even though they've been promising it for a while. and the others got it so early :(
xoxohollyxoxo

Postby maskcat123 » 19 Jan 2013, 12:18

Getting sick of waiting. :( :cry: :evil: :roll: :?
maskcat123

Postby Chloe Rose » 20 Jan 2013, 22:00

This is a setback from what we have been told over the past two years but think of it like this ~ like other comments have said, would you rather wait a little longer and have an ace game with only one or two errors or have it now and have a bunch of errors in the final thing? And besides, this always happens with games. It has one release date but then it gets put back so it can be better. I can't wait for it, though! :)
Chloe Rose