Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

What's your favourite Nintendo Land game?

Comment on site articles.

Marti Bennett picks her top five

When Nintendo Land was first announced I must admit that I wasn't looking forward to it. To me it looked like it was going to be another Wii Sports or Wii Play, just a basic demo designed to show off what the console can do.

... read more

What's your favourite Nintendo Land game?

Postby GullibleGoat44 » 08 Dec 2012, 09:59

Mario chase is definitely the best, its just so good to play with mates, great idea great execution!!!
GullibleGoat44

Re: What's your favourite Nintendo Land game?

Postby Pyron12 » 08 Dec 2012, 10:29

Mario Chase for sure. Best Nintendo Land Attraction by far.
Friend Code: 3780-9511-6018
Pyron12

Postby CBTIRL » 08 Dec 2012, 10:35

Without a doubt my favourite is Donkey Kongs Crash Course. Ive probably played it more than all the others combined. I still havent completed it though. Its so hard, but so addicting, and the music is incredibly catchy
Nintendo Network ID: Insert_Pun_Here
3DS FC:1461-6464-0543
PSN:conben12
Twitter:@CBennett_12
CBTIRL

Postby ledreppe » 08 Dec 2012, 11:24

Amazingly I still haven't got round to playing this, been playing NSMBU and Trine 2 which I got on launch day. I'll eventually get round to it this Christmas when the extended family comes round for some mutliplayer party fun!
Nintendo Network ID: BigAl79
3DS Friend Code
Getting: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Rayman Legends.
Mii QR Code
Twitter
YouTube
Where Nintendo lead, others follow!
ledreppe

Postby shy guy 64 » 08 Dec 2012, 11:30

my favourite is zelda battle quest
life, don't talk to me about life
I'm being incredibly clever and there's no one standing around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?
shy guy 64

Postby GloverMist » 08 Dec 2012, 11:30

Out of the ones I've played (I don't have a Wii U) it has to be Mario Chase.
On a different note, anyone else notice the lack of a Pokémon attraction?
I've got two words for you, people: FALCON and PUNCH!
By the way, check out and subscribe to my YouTube channel! I'm currently doing a Let's Play of Super Smash Bros. Brawl!
GloverMist

Postby epiclink » 08 Dec 2012, 11:45

I would have to go with Metriod Blast or Mario Chase, they're my favorite.
EPICLINK! IT'S LINK BUT MORE EPIC!

THINKS HE FOUND TOTAKA'S SONG ON BRAWL

but he doesn't know if he's RIGHT or WRONG.
epiclink

Postby radabie86 » 08 Dec 2012, 12:00

NintendoLand 2 anyone?? with a clu clu land attraction what about a take on mario kart viewed from above! and maybe some sort of multi-player starfox! what other attractions from nintendo history would everyone else like to see???
radabie86

Postby HyrulianToad » 08 Dec 2012, 12:57

What about metroid blast ? In my opinion the best game by far because of it's depth. Mario chase is good but I'd argue that luigi ghost mansion is better , it feels like there's more skill involved. Haven't really been playing anything other than assasin's creed 3 which has blown my mind :shock: as I've only ever owned a wii being a ninty fan and all.
Here's my top 5 nintendo land games :
Metroid blast
Luigis ghost mansion
Donkey kong's crash coarse
Pikmin
Legend of zelda battle quest
HyrulianToad

Postby Baker1000 » 08 Dec 2012, 13:40

Right now it's

1. Donkey Kong's Crash Course - though trying to get past area 9 and never making it past the first press of R is gonna make it drop in my rankings soon.

2. Pikmin - makes me really excited for Pikmin 3, but I'm not so much looking forward to the cramp you could get from trying to hold the GamePad with one hand and use the control stick, and use the stylus with the other.

3. Metroid Blast - excellent use of the controls and makes me wonder what a Star Fox game could be like.

4. Zelda Battle Quest - again, great use of the controls and second screen. Though I hope the Wii U Zelda will use the second screen as more of an item menu than usually playing the game on. Need to see those HD graphics on the TV, and like most of the good games on NL you miss half of that because the second screen is what you need to look at.

5. F-Zero - Aside from some dodgy controls that make you go off-centre sometimes, or for some reason makes my GamePad disconnect occasionally, this is amazing. I just hope steering in a possible future F-Zero is done with the GamePad held normally.

I've only played the 2 player games once (I thought you were supposed to be able to play with the computer? or have I not spend enough time trying do find that option?) but Animal Crossing was great when I played it. I'm glad to see not many people rate Octopus Dance, because of all the games I really dislike it. The control sticks being up so high on the GamePad, combined with having to hold it up in front of you makes it really difficult to get the control sticks to go exactly where you want them (straight left, not slightly up or down left) and even my dog doesn't like it. She barks whenever she sees me play it.
Baker1000

Postby me4ndubz » 08 Dec 2012, 16:13

I haven't had a chance to play all of the multiplayer ones but my favourite game would have to be Metroid Blast
me4ndubz

Postby me4ndubz » 08 Dec 2012, 16:14

radabie86 wrote:NintendoLand 2 anyone?? with a clu clu land attraction what about a take on mario kart viewed from above! and maybe some sort of multi-player starfox! what other attractions from nintendo history would everyone else like to see???

Starfox would be so cool! I'd love to see a pokemon themed game
me4ndubz

Postby Argenthor » 08 Dec 2012, 20:45

GloverMist wrote:Out of the ones I've played (I don't have a Wii U) it has to be Mario Chase.

It's the subject of an awesome drawing on miiverse :)
Argenthor

Postby Waldy565 » 08 Dec 2012, 21:04

Had to be Luigi's Ghost Mansion for me - as well as loving Luigi, (can't wait for Dark Moon, but probs getting for my b-day instead of march, but major case of de ja vu, remember pre-ordering it from Zavvi last March!) I just find it one of the most inventive ways of the Gamepad being used - bring on Christmas 2013! (and, finally, my WiiU! Car lessons this year I'm afraid, well, quite happy about this as well!, not as happy with insurance, fuel, tax etc...)
3DS Code = 4914-3785-6773 - feel free to add! :)

Loving my Wii U and it's libary!
We all wear a fake smile, and show the tears to the ones who understand, understand both the fake mask and the real face...
Waldy565

Postby Murphy11 » 09 Dec 2012, 00:09

Argenthor wrote:
GloverMist wrote:Out of the ones I've played (I don't have a Wii U) it has to be Mario Chase.

It's the subject of an awesome drawing on miiverse :)

I saw that :D
I own a 3DS Xl, DSi XL, Wii U, Wii, Nintendo 64 and GameCube!!!
3DS Friend code: 4854 6423 3624. P.M if you add me
My Nintendo Network I.D is : Rohan21
Long Live Nintendo!
Murphy11

Postby tobes325 » 09 Dec 2012, 02:51

Its really difficult to pick from that list because from a single player experience I'd say I'm tied between crash course and balloon breeze. As a multiplayer it is definitaly ghost mansion, its so much fun to play and then tension you feel being haunted by the ghost player is really un-nerving at times for such a simple game!
tobes325

Postby CBTIRL » 09 Dec 2012, 10:45

radabie86 wrote:NintendoLand 2 anyone?? with a clu clu land attraction what about a take on mario kart viewed from above! and maybe some sort of multi-player starfox! what other attractions from nintendo history would everyone else like to see???

I think Nintendo Land 2 would be perfect to re-introduce Pokémon Snap, just to see what it would play like on Wii U and then BAM a full release if it works
Nintendo Network ID: Insert_Pun_Here
3DS FC:1461-6464-0543
PSN:conben12
Twitter:@CBennett_12
CBTIRL

Postby wiill 64 » 09 Dec 2012, 12:32

Luigi's Ghost Mansion for me. The fright people get when the ghost grabs them is great.
I have to say I love the Donkey Kong and F-Zero single player games, and Mario Chase and Animal Crossing Sweet Day are also very good
Credit to KameRule for sig
3DS FC:5198-2404-6786, NNID: wiill64. PM if you add me please.
wiill 64

Postby ninjafox » 09 Dec 2012, 15:42

I have been really impressed with Nintendoland, when it was first announced i thought it looked interesting but was concerned about the depth of each attraction so after getting the game with my premium Wii U i was pleased to see that attractions like Pikmin Adventure have multiple stages.

My favourite attraction has to be Mario Chase as it is great fun shouting out which zone Mario is in and helps show what makes the gamepad unique.

Out of all the single player game donkey kongs crash course is my favourite, my first couple of hours on my Wii U were spent trying to get through the course!

I am enjoying winning prizes and seeing various Nintendo themes/items appear in the plaza. Looking forward to having a plaza that is as full as the one in the E3 demo!
ninjafox

Postby chojin » 10 Dec 2012, 17:57

this is quite a tough decision, zelda is great but is better with 2 or more players (on your own with just the arrow is very tough imo) donkey kong is brilliant but frustrating, pikimi is great and very twee, f-zero is good (i preffer to play looking at the tv) so im going to sit on the fence and say they are all good in there onw way....sorry :mrgreen:
:twisted:
chojin

Postby luigidolphin » 10 Dec 2012, 22:14

I voted for Pikmin Adventure (never played any Pikmin before but this makes me want the full game) :D , but it was tough to choose. I've only been playing solo so far so not had a go at any of the multi player only ones.

But close behind are Metriod Blast (slowy getting the hang of dual stick control :? ), Yoshi's Fruit Cart (Love that you use both screens solo) and Donkey Kong's Crash Course (wich looks simple but is so tricky, keep crashing and hitting my head :( ).

Loving it all.
luigidolphin

Postby Beenie » 14 Dec 2012, 00:44

I have to say, I absolutly love Ninty Land. There are so many gd little games on there and then you have others that are imo just Meh.
One game, for me that stands out the most is TLOZ; Battle Quest. I also got my younger sister playing which i must say was doing awsome at it. eventually defeating ganon and moving onto the advanced she happily wanted to continue,
people may think that its just another gimmic but love it
Beenie

Postby harrywoodward » 16 Dec 2012, 15:43

dont know which is my number 1 its a 3 way tie between captain falcons twister race, luigis ghost mansion and metroid blast because there so fun and addicting :D
harry woodward
harrywoodward