Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

Xenoblade Chronicles studio to wow players with challenging

Comment on site articles.

Monolith Software want to be the new Bethesda

The developers of Xenoblade Chronicles, one of the best Wii games, have spoken of their desire to create a Wii U game that will wow players.

... read more

Xenoblade Chronicles studio to wow players with challenging

Postby Fidu » 17 Dec 2012, 11:19

I hope they don't want to be completely like Bethesda, or we'll have to suffer through tons and tons of bugs.
Fidu

Re: Xenoblade Chronicles studio to wow players with challeng

Postby shy guy 64 » 17 Dec 2012, 11:29

i look forward to seeing what they come up with
life, don't talk to me about life
sig was made by chocolate milk
shy guy 64

Postby SmashBro2712 » 17 Dec 2012, 11:55

@Fidu, very true, I think they could learn a lot from Bethesda but I hope they don't become them completley. Like you said Bethesda's games are full of bugs that often makes them unplayable and I find games like Skyrim almost completley devoid of character, it's a great game but quests and characters were just monotonous after a short while, this is why I prefer Zelda to TES, though TES does a number of things better, tLoZ always seems more involving and has more character development. to me quality means more than quantity. Anyway, back on topic, I'd love to see what Monolith is working on, sadly I haven't yet played Xenoblade chronicles but I hear nothing but praise for it. I can't wait to see what it'll be like! also, I just checked their website, now I don't know much Japanese but, I saw words like "WII U soft[ware]" and 3DS project so all you Monolith fans out there, looks like there's a lot to look forward to.
SmashBro2712

Postby master sword » 17 Dec 2012, 12:10

whatever they come up with i'm sure it'll be great
with how Xenoblade ended i personally don't think it needs a sequel
One thing i would like to see though is a HD remake of Xenosaga, it never made it over here to Europe and I would love to play it as it is often credited as being just as good as xenoblade
i will fight for:
. good reviews
. the next ONM mag
. smash bros on the 3DS
. pikmin 3
. the last bowl of pasta
master sword

Postby jaco_p » 17 Dec 2012, 14:38

They're a long way off from Bethesda but Xenoblade is a classic so i can't wait to see what they come up with next!
i've met mario!!XD twice!
pm me someone please for wario diy, MH3, mariokart wii, brawl, etc i've got loadsa online games doing nuffin!
check out my registered games :-) http://www.nintendo-europe.com/user/jaco_pastorius
jaco_p

Postby Waldy565 » 17 Dec 2012, 15:03

This is great news! my review: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=95729 shows how much I liked it, also, they're working on a 3DS title too? Still, will check all news on this! :D
3DS Code = 4914-3785-6773 - feel free to add! :)

Loving my Wii U and it's libary!
We all wear a fake smile, and show the tears to the ones who understand, understand both the fake mask and the real face...
Waldy565

Postby Waldy565 » 17 Dec 2012, 15:05

master sword wrote:whatever they come up with i'm sure it'll be great
with how Xenoblade ended i personally don't think it needs a sequel
One thing i would like to see though is a HD remake of Xenosaga, it never made it over here to Europe and I would love to play it as it is often credited as being just as good as xenoblade

Well, the post article says they are going to try and "wow" us, this ^ could work! Very well work!
3DS Code = 4914-3785-6773 - feel free to add! :)

Loving my Wii U and it's libary!
We all wear a fake smile, and show the tears to the ones who understand, understand both the fake mask and the real face...
Waldy565

Postby Xenobladeperson » 17 Dec 2012, 18:03

It doesn't sound like a Xenoblade prequel / sequel, but I'll definitely take a look at i when more info is announced.
Nintendo Ninja wrote:Never fear everything can be resolved by a large amount of violence
Xenobladeperson

Postby ThePokekid78 » 17 Dec 2012, 18:37

Sounds great!

Sidenote: I haven't yet played Xenoblade, is it worth it? I'm a fan of RPG's but my concern is that the battle screens look awfully cluttered (with icons and numbers everywhere!)
My Youtube career kinda ended, so...I really have nothing to put here anymore...
ThePokekid78

Postby Baker1000 » 17 Dec 2012, 21:55

They could release a HD remake of Xenoblade with full GamePad functionally and Miiverse support and I'd buy it tomorrow and spend another 100+ hours on it. A brand new game is definitely something I'm interested in.
Baker1000

Postby shy guy 64 » 17 Dec 2012, 22:01

ThePokekid78 wrote:Sounds great!

Sidenote: I haven't yet played Xenoblade, is it worth it? I'm a fan of RPG's but my concern is that the battle screens look awfully cluttered (with icons and numbers everywhere!)

it's no harder to get the hang of than any other RPG battle system
life, don't talk to me about life
sig was made by chocolate milk
shy guy 64

Postby GuitarHero » 17 Dec 2012, 22:59

Fidu wrote:I hope they don't want to be completely like Bethesda, or we'll have to suffer through tons and tons of bugs.

Yes, but if you have a world so big of course there are going to be bugs. It's quite a miracle there are so few, for a game as large as TES games.
GuitarHero

Postby King-X » 18 Dec 2012, 05:35

I imagine it might not be a new Xenoblade game now that Melia's VA has attained the dizzying heights of being Dr Who's new assistant. But wowing is a good objective so er... go ahead and "wow" me!

Currently playing: Tales of Symphonia Chronicles (end-game)
King-X